• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO Weather thread - what's it like at your place now?

Mix means... combination of snow, sleet, freeing rain, and rain.

Ahh cool, I imagined that's what it meant but just need clarification :) Thank you!

PI can you please teleport me there right now?? Those woods and that mist look heavenly. Thanks in advance <3

n3o you are crazy. Although I can imagine it is hard to breathe outside with high 30's weather.
You could run the dog in the mucky woods behind our house.
Would you take our tree to the dump for us? I didn't realize it was still there!

PI- I <3 the foggy forest!! :)

And- your christmas tree is only just now dying?!?! How do you do that!?! Mine always dies early :(

The weather is pretty bad here (Niagara County, WNY)... I'm basically snowed in, 'cause the roads are so bad and I have almost an hour drive back home. No complaints though, as I'm at an incredibly awesome person's house. <3 (Too bad she's at work atm.)

^I will have to remember that for the next time I get a tree!
I've tried adding regular sugar, sprite, all kinda of stuff and it always dies.
I wonder what makes that sugar different for a tree?
Where is Klue? :D

north flori-duh; about 55F, off and on rain showers, cloudy and very foggy.
-izzy

We are having a cold front move through and it has brought wind like CRAAAZY :)
I love high winds-
And here it makes the waves big and I love the sound..........
Right now I'm listening to some amazing waves crashing.........

-7.2 C (19 F) the other day froze & broke the hot water pipe, stupid me turned on the cold tap to prevent freezing but not the hot . . . cost $80 to fix.

Spring will be here soon . . . the 19F was a record low for February.

30'ish F

Next 3 days are supposed to be in the single digits and lows into the negatives, before the windchill. Got another 3'ish inches of snow yest. Ive had a head cold for the last 2 days. I hope I start feeling better soon.

The snowstorm in Chicago caused crime to diminish... [ya think?]. It also caused 12 deaths in Chicago area.

CHICAGO (CBS) – If there was one bright spot to having 20 inches of snow dumped on the city in less than 24 hours earlier this week, it apparently helped keep the city’s crooks off the streets for a while.

Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis said Friday morning that the city had been nearly crime-free for two days after the snowstorm blew through Tuesday and Wednesday.

“That is the one advantage we have with weather like this. Crime has been relatively low. We’ve gone like, I think, 48 hours without having a shooting,” Weis said at a news conference at the city’s 911 center on Friday.

Of course, that kind of hot streak couldn’t last forever. Weis said it ended early Friday morning.

“Unfortunately last night an individual was shot as three individuals tried to steal his snow blower,” Weis said. “But otherwise, we’ve had almost no crime within the city for the past 48 hours.”

The shooting that broke the two-day violent-free streak happened at 1:40 a.m. Friday in the Englewood neighborhood.

Andre Barker, 47, was walking along the 5600 block of South Shields when two men approached him and asked if he wanted to sell his Toro snowblower, police said.

When Barker said no, one of the men produced a gun and shot him in the left thigh. The two men robbed him of $27, took his snowblower, loaded it into a white van and fled the scene.

Barker was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.

In Sydney we had a very much appreciated cool change on Sunday evening.
On Sunday during the day it was 40C (105F).
On Monday morning it was 20C (68F) so the temperature literally halved in like 12 hours when the cool change came across :D
Rejoice!!

Today it's 22C (72F). Such a relief <3

I heard that there was again some bad weather causing problems in Austraila. Do we know if everyone there is ok?

We know n3o has finally come out of her hot flash ;)

today at my house-
167336_1722894106661_1067607351_31912955_6747822_n.jpg

166608_1722893906656_1067607351_31912953_7686745_n.jpg

I heard that there was again some bad weather causing problems in Austraila. Do we know if everyone there is ok?

We know n3o has finally come out of her hot flash ;)

Yep hun there's been heeeaps of crazy shit going on over here!! All over the country.

Massive widespread floods in South-East Queensland in January.

A category 3 tropical cyclone in Far-North Queensland, and then a category 5 tropical cyclone like 3 weeks later in the exact same region!

Huge floods going on right now in Melbourne.

And a huge bushfire in Perth right now as well.

In Sydney it's just been fucking hot, but no natural disasters as such :)
Sydney always gets off pretty easy though when it comes to natural disasters. The only thing that we really get is bushfires, and *touch wood* we haven't had any devestating ones for at least 10 years.

well I hope everyone stays safe that are in those areas. Scary!

There have been a few deaths (about 25 in total), mostly in the QLD floods in January. And there's about $500million worth of damage from everything.

But, life goes on...

Last edited:
gah :( and here i thought my area was fubar because of snow banks.