• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does the effect last: Diazepam vs Clonzepam?

Scoliosis

Bluelighter
I understand the dose and tolerance will dictate your replies .... and lets assume you mixed nothing else.

20mg Diazepam - I felt the effect 3 or so hours..... you?
vs
1mg clonazepam - 6+ hours ..... you?

Last edited:
Diazepam is interesting because it has many active metabolites that last a long time, albeit with less pronounced effect. In some people they can around as long as 72 hours if you take a high enough dose of diazepam in the first place. Of course that depends on the person's body, so your results will vary.

Clonazepam, on the other hand, is a solid 6-8 hours, the same basically every time.

At least with me, clonazepam is the more predictable of the two but I enjoy both of them.

Thanks NT,

I took my 20mg at 3pm today and here i type at 11pm with lingering effects. Just dropped 0.5mg clonaz and took my final 80mg oxy now too.

my doc is sooo against Diazepam and hardly will give me 1 a day .05mg clonaz... what can I say to him to switch? /// or should I not switch??

A educated source tells me stick to clonaz as it lasts longer and the potential for long term harm is less so than the other benzos...

%)

Diazepam is interesting because it has many active metabolites that last a long time, albeit with less pronounced effect. In some people they can around as long as 72 hours if you take a high enough dose of diazepam in the first place. Of course that depends on the person's body, so your results will vary.

Clonazepam, on the other hand, is a solid 6-8 hours, the same basically every time.

At least with me, clonazepam is the more predictable of the two but I enjoy both of them.

If you're not having any problems with clonazepam then I would stick with that.

It's against the rules for me to tell you what to say or not to say to your doctor, but if he's against diazepam then he probably has a reason.

I would stick with clonazepam if I were in your shoes. :)

i would say diazepam 6-8 hours start to end of effects, and clonazepam 12 hours... allthough diaz has a half life of over 100 hours, so it stays longer in your system than clonaz, keepin W/D at bay for longer

peak effects:

clonazepam- 10-12 hours

diazepam- 5-7 hours

diazepam has a much longer half life and can "linger" longer, but clonazepam has longer peak effects.

Diazepam 4-5 hours
Clonazepam 8-12 hours

The lingering effects of Diazepam are so subtle I don't consider them part of the duration.

Diazepam 4-5 hours
Clonazepam 8-12 hours

The lingering effects of Diazepam are so subtle I don't consider them part of the duration.

you'll can surely feel them if you take a high enough dose(130-180mg for me). :D

*also booze helps to feel it.

^^when i took 350mg diazepam the other day in rehab (lol) i was high at least 8 hours, and faded for longer (a few doobies helped;))

^^when i took 350mg diazepam the other day in rehab (lol) i was high at least 8 hours, and faded for longer (a few doobies helped;))

How were you able to take 350mg of diazepam in rehab? Did you cook up some sort of deal with the nurses?

^^nah, this fat ho who has a crush on me brought loads (500mg) and gave me 350mg, coz i asked nicely lol... seriouslly

whats "outpatient rehab"? we're locked up execpt weekends n thusrdays when u can get "permissions" to go out but they check our bags n do random breath tests for alcohol n piss tests for other stuff.... i still got 500mg of 4-HO-MET n had a pretty crazy 3 days, n mostly smokin doobsters the rest of the time...

but i've nearly kicked the valium, i'm at 5mg soon to be 2.5

whats "outpatient rehab"? we're locked up execpt weekends n they check our bags n do random breath tests for alcohol n piss tests for other stuff.... i still got 500mg of 4-HO-MET n had a pretty crazy 3 days, n mostly smokin doobsters the rest of the time

So why aren't you currently locked up? Or did you get out yesterday?

Outpatient rehab is similar to inpatient except you don't stay over nights. You aren't given stuff by nurses but you talk with a psychiatrist a couple times a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diazepam 4-6 hours, clonazepam 8-10. There are mild after-effects from diazepam that persist for longer, especially with higher doses, but I don't count them into the actual duration since most of the time it's just a little lethargy.

So why aren't you currently locked up? Or did you get out yesterday?

Outpatient rehab is similar to inpatient except you don't stay over nights. You aren't given stuff by nurses but you talk with a psychiatrist a couple times a week.

I am locked up... but i can technically walk out... i'm not locked in a room or anything... but if i leave i can get kicked out...

btw, i've been doing some serious ass-kicking in explaining pharmacology and pathologies to nurses/doctors.... lol.... they don't know SHIT:p:p:p=D=D=D

btw, i've been doing some serious ass-kicking in explaining pharmacology and pathologies to nurses/doctors.... lol.... they don't know SHIT:p:p:p=D=D=D

seriously, a lot of people in the medical field don't know shit related to pharmacology or drugs.

makes you wonder how the hell they got a medical degree...

HOLY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!! 350MG????? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

thats like 35 x 10mg !!! That would mess em up man. how do you get them?
Script for anxiety?

I am talking abouy 20mg diaz and 1mg clonaz max per day.

HOLY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!! 350MG????? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

thats like 35 x 10mg !!! That would mess em up man. how do you get them?
Script for anxiety?

I am talking abouy 20mg diaz and 1mg clonaz max per day.

Read down the thread. He already said he got it from some fat chick.