• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does soma feel compared to hydrocodone?

Methadone84

Bluelighter
what are the similarities. Im curious because i want to try soma but want to know how i will be feeling.

I see it as me just being completly relaxed right.

and like how noticeable will it be if im on it.

They are quite different. Soma acts on GAGA receptors in the brain, the same receptors that alcohol and benzos act on, so the effects are similar. I would compare it to being drunk, but only last about 2 hrs. Soma can be every unpredictable also. You can take 3 on day and feel it, take 3 the next day and feel nothing. On the third day you can take 4 and pass out and then not feel anything from 4 the next day. If you can play off being drunk you can play off being drunk.

Different drugs different feelings. Great when combined.

Btw, it's GABA not gaga.

^^Agreed on both points

More like a benzo than an opiate. IMO, opiates>soma>benzos. Although given the longer duration the case could be made for benzos.

How obvious it is is dose related of course. At common recreational doses someone looking for symptoms of intoxication would notice them, but it wouldn't be obvious.

More like a benzo than an opiate. IMO, opiates>soma>benzos. Although given the longer duration the cse could be made for benzos.

How obvious it is is dose related of course. At common recreational doses someone looking for symptoms of intoxication would notice them, but it wouldn't be obvious.

well ive never taken any benzos before. Ive only taken hydro. so you think hydrocodones better than soma? i thought soma would be better

Personally, I like soma better. Hydrocodone makes me itch alot and it kind of kills the high. Soma is much more relaxing plus it doesn't have all that APAP. Although you can do a CWE on hydrocodone.

They are quite different. Soma acts on GAGA receptors in the brain, the same receptors that alcohol and benzos act on, so the effects are similar. I would compare it to being drunk, but only last about 2 hrs. Soma can be every unpredictable also. You can take 3 on day and feel it, take 3 the next day and feel nothing. On the third day you can take 4 and pass out and then not feel anything from 4 the next day. If you can play off being drunk you can play off being drunk.

That's why I only take em to potentiate opiates. Cause they're so damn unpredictable.

well ive never taken any benzos before. Ive only taken hydro. so you think hydrocodones better than soma? i thought soma would be better
It's very much a personal thing, there isn't a right answer. I love my opiates. however i also find soma very much worth doing. They are sorta weird, work well for some and not others. I'm one of the lucky ones, but for me it's speed>weed>opiates>everything else.

imo hydrocodone is way better than soma, i don't even find soma recreational.

with soma i feel dull, bored, somewhat drowsy and sedated, mildy depresssed, and have an annoying sensation that i'm not that in control of my muscle movement. no euphoria, no feelings of intoxication, i think soma is shit for recreation.

with hydrocodone it is a weaker opiate to me(i've gone through heroin, morphine, and oxymorphone) but i can still catch a buzz with a high enough dose. typical opiate effects like euphoria, relaxation/sedation, pain relief, and drowsiness.

i know soma is a GABAergic like benzos, barbs, and booze but i've never felt the same effects(and i've taken truely massive doses of soma). the weakest benzo i've ever tried(quazepam) is better than soma imo.

the only thing somas are good for are getting rid of charlie horses, other than that they suck.

i've literally gotten better downer effects from Depakote than i have from soma.

I like Soma's! If you've done hydrocodone, try mixing 1 Soma with 1 hydrocodone, you will like the feeling. It makes the hydrocodone several times stronger with the added Soma. First time I mixed them, I was floored, had to lay down for several minutes because the combo was too powerful. I took Soma's by themselves for about a month before I mixed them with Vicodin. Soma;s are good by themselves but great with Vicodin. Just becareful & dont overdue the combination, you can easily overdose with that combo.

I like Soma but I prefer Hydrocodone. While Hydrocodone is a weaker opiate if I take enough I can get the typical opioid effects, just a little milder. I prefer opiates to anything which is why I prefer hydrocodone. OK, well most opiates, not codeine, tramadol or propoxyphene but other than that I prefer opiates to just about anything else which includes Soma. Don't get me wrong, I like Soma. I think it can be quite intoxicating after taking 3 or 4 of them. They can really relax me.

someone told me never try somas because they are so much more addicting than other pain killers. and thats what got them into trying drugs like heroin.

is that true or just wrong.