• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SSRIs and Opiates/heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmcdowell

Greenlighter
I am struggling to find a clear answer as everyone seems to contradict everyone else.....
heres my story.
I only started toying with opiates a few months ago, mostly blues. I have loved them all along, and have never gotten beyond the point where 30mg wouldnt have me faded. I started citalopram 20mg (Only 1/2 once a day so far so 10mg each time) 2 days ago. Day 1 i did a 30 mg oxy, through a new method and shoulda been messed up. barely felt it. Today I did something i swore i never would, heroin, and i did enough so that i really shoulda been faded, barely anything. My buddy who is an experienced user did the exact same stuff, same amount, and has a MUCH higher tolerance and he said it was great. somehow i dont trust this above account that they go hand in hand. soooo....... if anyone who actually knows from experience could weigh in i'd appreciate that. I can also say that I did not have any suspicions of the opiates not working until after my experience today, so its not like i tricked myself out of the high or anything. So, am I just screwed and cant have anymore fun with opiates till i'm off the SSIR or should I maybe do it once a week or something so I have almost no tolerance at all and hopefully it will work?? I have a low tolerance as is so i really feel like today should have gone a lot better, but as I'm not addicted to anything yet (I've gone a couple days without a few times, twice by choice, with no withdrawals) I would be able to lower my usage and thus my tolerance. I'd rather do something once a week and love it than this bullshit where i dont really feel a thing.

SSRI's can interact negatively with many if not all opiates as you have noticed also. For example when i'm off citalopram i feel "good" on a smaller amount of codeine or even oxy, the few times i've tried it as opposed to being on SSRI's.

how long would you be off the citalopram before you felt it more? I've heard it has a very long half life, and therefore drastically lessens the effects of opiates for a long time

Since this deals with drug combinations, I'm going to move it to Basic Drug Discussion.

-->bdd

I'm inclined to think you got some really weak heroin and that you have just enough of a tolerance to opiates that you didn't get the experience you expected. The first time I did heroin I had to do a lot more than I thought I would to get the high I was seeking, this was because I already had a morphine/poppy pod habit when I first tried it.
It wasn't until I was in serious withdrawal and did heroin that I really loved it.

I also don't think you've been on SSRI's long enough for them to be a factor but I don't know for sure.

Just speculation.

I have a few friends who take SSRI's and opiates and they still seem to enjoy the opiates.

I used to take Wellbutrin (NDRI) with opiates and I still felt the opiates fine.

I'm sure some other people will chime in with more insightful replies.

I'm inclined to think you got some really weak heroin and that you have just enough of a tolerance to opiates that you didn't get the experience you expected. The first time I did heroin I had to do a lot more than I thought I would to get the high I was seeking, this was because I already had a morphine/poppy pod habit when I first tried it.
It wasn't until I was in serious withdrawal and did heroin that I really loved it.

I also don't think you've been on SSRI's long enough for them to be a factor but I don't know for sure.

Just speculation.

I have a few friends who take SSRI's and opiates and they still seem to enjoy the opiates.

I used to take Wellbutrin (NDRI) with opiates and I still felt the opiates fine.

I'm sure some other people will chime in with more insightful replies.

so far thats the most usefull I've had, theres just so many mixed opinions. Thanks a lot though mate, hopefully I'll still get more info. Its been 2.5 days since I did any opiate or heroin and I'm only have very minor withdrawals so obviously my tolerance is not very high.... idk...

SSRI's "dull" the feeling of all drugs, it's pretty widely accepted by most of us here that anti depressants lessen a high from anything from weed down to jib. But that's no reason to completely kill your high, I had a similiar thing happen to me except instead of an SSRI it was methadone, I got off methadone and couldn't feel the rush of hydromorphone anymore, which is so odd because a year and a half ago they would put me on my ass with a beautiful rush. You might have got weak dope or something, or maybe those roxi's were fake, or maybe your tolerance is higher than you realize...Could be many reasons for why you didn't feel the opiates, at a worst case scenario you might be immune or have suddenly become very resilient to opiates...it happened to me with hydromorphone and benzos...Or it could just be something unexplainable, I remember a couple times in my history of drug use where certain days I could not get high no matter how much I used, then the next day I got high as shit.... But yeah anti D's blunt the edge of drugs and weaken them anyway just like they do to your body. Try getting high tomorrow, you should be able to feel a nice buzz.

I was taking SSRI's on and off opiates and there was never any noticeable change.

You may have gotten shitty dope, your friend could have lied and said he was higher than he really was.

I have 2 friends that use to take SSRI's & tried Vicodin & it seemed they couldnt feel anything because of the SSRI's, at least thats what they felt was stoping them from enjoying opiates. One of them stop taking their SSRI's & now just take opiates & shes contempt with how well they work for her.

i have been on 100mg zoloft a day for almost a year, and i still get the same feeling from Iving Morphine or Fentanyl. Before I took zoloft, the feel was the same. I iv 15mg 4x a day or 30mg x2 a day since i am in a controlled enviroment and get one tab every 6 hours from a nurse

The thing is that SSRI's and opiates (except Tramadol) don't even effect the same receptors. So why would it make a difference?

Yeah, honestly, I have never noticed any interaction between the two substances.

Last night i did a M30 blue IV, after doing nothing for 2 days, I also skipped my dose of citalopram and I got that wonderful high back. I'm guessing my tolerance somehow jumped even though I hadnt increased any of my dosages and the 2 day break did it for me. Who knows. I'm going to keep experimenting with it, see what I can figure out and I'll continue posting because I know theres other ppl out there curious about this

please do posts your results. would be interesting to see if you feel the citalopram lessens the effect of your opiates.

I personally dont feel like it does. I am on S-citalopram (escitalopram), but AFAIK it is more or less the same compound.

I'm on escitalopram 3th day and o-dmt seems to work same way like before. I hope it does not start to have negative effects on opioids, because I like to use opioids as substitute of alcohol. Well even if does start to have ffects I'm not going to stop using escitalopram as I feel already that it really helps on my social anxiety.

I don't think this thread really needed bringing back from the past, a lot of information has been given regarding the OP's initial question.

Am going to close the thread now but please feel free to carry on the disccusion in the Social Thread

If you have any problems with my closing of the thread or think that it should be reopened then shoot me a PM

Mugz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.