View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm yet to see any evidence that 25Xs form complexes as easily as outlined in this thread. Until then, neutralising to salt seems to be cheaper, easier and effective.

The problem with making the salt of 25I-NBOMe is that it is terra incognito. Many phenethylamines simply don't form hydrochlorides as easily as outlined in this thread.

No it's not, and yes, they do.

The problem with making the salt of 25I-NBOMe is that it is terra incognito. Many phenethylamines simply don't form hydrochlorides as easily as outlined in this thread. I see the amazing potential in this compound and want to do a uniform ROA. Has anyone complexed it with just beta-cyclodextrin? Complexing is not my forte but it seem that the hydroxy may be the part of the "nanotube" condom (how cool is that!?) that allows it to be polar. The B-cyclodextrin is available in affordable quantities.
Has anyone actually tested the bioavailability of the salt sublingually? What about any other complexing agents? What a wonderous age we live in!

Huh? Phenethylamines form hydrochloride salts quite readily, and those salts have much better solubility and hence bioavailability than the free bases. 25Xs are no exception. Tryptamines, in contrast, often don't form good solid hydrochlorides. Simply dissolve the amine in a suitable solvent, such at isopropyl alcohol, add a few drops of hydrochloric acid to neutralize, mix well, and evaporate the solvent to get the crystalline hydrochloride salt. Alternatively, dilute with ether to precipitate the hydrochloride. Salt formation is easier and more reliable than cyclodextrin complexation. 25I hydrochloride is indeed active sublingually at dosages comparable to the hydroxypropylcyclodextrin complex.

Two weeks ago I have tested 25I on a complexed blotter at 500ug from vendor 1. I don't know whether it was a salt or a freebase. It was a beautiful experience with initial effects kicking in after 30 minutes. By 45 minutes I had an incredible body and mental euphoria and could not keep myself from dancing like a little kid. During the whole 10 hour trip, aside light chills during the first hour and 15 minutes of mild nausea sometime in the middle of the trip, there was no body load. I enjoyed dancing, listening to music, watching tv (wing-suite flying, Cabaret), talking to my girlfriend and sex. Sex was good, but nowhere as incredible as when on 5-MEO-Mipt, which produces such incredible orgasms that I scream louder then my girlfriend who is quite a screamer, and my testicles are pulled back into the body. 4-ACO-Dmt, at about 10mg is also superior to 25I in this respect. But to me this compound beats MDMA by an order of magnitude in terms of body euphoria. I dutifully waited for two weeks, and yesterday tried 500ug 25I blotters from another vendor. I know that they were not complexed, but don't know whether a salt or a freebase was used. After about 1.5 of wait, I experienced very mild visual distributions as if coming up on a light doze of tryptamines. To my dismay, there was no euphoria of any kind. I took a second blotter. That made me feel intoxicated to a point that I decided to neither drive, nor to take a cab to a dancing club, where I and my significant other were planning to go. Unfortunately, there was still nether euphoria nor much of additional energy. Worse, I felt quite nauseous for about three hours. I should mention that I had Salvia Devinorum the night before, and it was a strong experience. I was under impression that Salvia and 25I do not share a common mechanism. So now I have a large number of blotters that I don't know what to do with. At the risk of sounding stupid, I would like to ask a couple of questions. The vendor 2 has a pretty good reputation, but his 25I has not been reviewed. If vendor confirms that that these non-complexed blotters have been treated with a freebase, could they be activated by one of the following methods:
1) Applying a drop of white vinegar to each blotter.
2) Applying a solution of hydroxypropylcyclodextrin in water?
3) Applying a solution of hydroxypropylcyclodextrin in white vinegar?

Thanks.

So when I apply the 25I to vinegar should it dissolve? do i need to add more? its just staying a blob in the bottom. i wish to add water later to liquid dose was just under the impression i had to do this before it would be soulble in water.

Ended up adding water to it. worked well :)

Made my legs hurt decently despite being one of my new fav psychedelics!

anyone else get weird pains in there legs?

Just had an incredible, glowing trip on this substance. Want to write a trip report, but a little intimidated by the prospect of attempting to put the experience into words. :D

Long story short, 25I-NBOMe, as the first NBOMe phenethylamine I've personally tested, exceeded my already-high expectations.

Some quick observations:

Positive:

- No real bodyload.
- Clear and sharp mental functioning. However, offers a fresh perspective, from which one can view oneself and the world in a totally new light, enabling powerful insights.
- Fascinating hallucinatory, perceptual phenomena. Rather than just visuals, one experiences magnificent and detailed hallucinations that encompass all the senses.
- Incredible enhancement of music and other forms of art.
- Long-lasting high allows for leisurely exploration of the altered state.
- Strong stimulation offers a great opportunity for nighttime tripping, without tiring easily.
- Positive and confident mindset makes a bad trip seem like an unlikely prospect.

Negative:

- Due to potency, a bit difficult to dose.
- Slight depression experienced the following day. Not quite as bad as LSD, for me, which a lot of people don't even find problematic. I'm guessing a good portion of users won't find 25I-NBOMe to have any negative after-effect either. YMMV

Last edited:
Ok, so I tried this substance with a few friends some days ago, and we all loved it, everyone enjoyed the trip, but some of them are concerned about possible health problems that this substance might bring, I know it's a new RC so there's no research on it, but I never heard of a story of someone having any health issue with 25I-NBOMe.

But what's the worse it could happen with moderate use?
What evidences do we have that it is perfectly safe?

I hope someone can answer that.

thanks!

But what's the worse it could happen with moderate use?

We don't know, as you said, it's a research chemical, and a very new one at that.

What evidences do we have that it is perfectly safe?

There is none.

It isn't likely that these substances would be dangerous in the long run, aside from users own mistakes with dosing these (which are quite common given people seem to think it's okay to dose these without a scale, which it most definitely isn't.) - however with any new substance you should be extremely cautious, avoid going for doses that are too large, avoid dosing too often (since, even if physically they may be rather benign, some psychedelics tend to be more prone to cause HPPD than others, and with these we don't know if that's the case or not yet), generally just be responsible and make sure you've done your research beforehand if you want to try these new chemicals.

Hcl. Went Wonderfully

Salted out 100 mgs. with 'tone/IPA. Base insouluble, freely souluble at pH 4.2 in solvent pair. Precipitated 88 mg. off-white needles. Laid 880 micg. gels. Will apply to substrate for testing at sundown. Thanks for feedback. Will reply with results of test later. I'm just dancing with anticipation. When you get to be of my age (50 ++) and there is something new under the sun it borders magic. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate! PEACE.

I recently got the freebase form and am excited to start researching it. I would like to vape a low dose of it just to get a general sense of 25i's psychedelic "signature", but know eyeballing isn't a good idea so volumetric dosing is the only way to go. I have all the proper measurement equipment but wonder about the best method to create a freebase solution, but not into HCl form (since TRs indicate it isn't as effective as freebase when vaping...though I do plan on making a salting it for other ROAs). I only have a bit of 96% ethanol and figure I'd make a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio of ethanol to water...am a bit rusty on my chemistry but this shouldn't turn it into a salt yet it will be soluble (70 isopropyl alcohol should work as well too)? Also, does anyone know dosage differences b/w complexed and non-complexed 25i blotters? Based on trip reports it seems as though the HPBCD is mainly good for buccal/sublingual dosing.

1:1 ethanol/water will probably not dissolve freebase phenethylamines. 70% iso might work but it may have too much water still.

You should probably talk to the guy who posted directly above you, as he seems to know how to work with this stuff.

Is anyone else getting annoyed at the sublingual method with this compound? I made blotters and people I give them to keep fucking it up and not feeling it, I'm thinking it mainly has to do with saliva and whether or not you wash your mouth out before. It's just annoying when people say they didn't feel your stuff then nobody wants it.

Okay... so my question is about the actual process of laying a liquid solution onto blotter paper. What's the best way to go about doing this?

I have some 25b-nbome hcl coming, and I'm gonna have enough to get away with a few experiments before settling on a method to use in the future.

I plan to start with only say 50 blotters, so a piece of water color paper that would be 1.25 inches by 2.5 inches. My solution is going to be in 151 everclear seeing as I have no idea where to get 96 percent etoh around here. I want to have maybe 1500ug per blotter. (25b is A LOT less potent than 25i and requires about 3-4mg for a stronger experience).

So I'd start out with 75mg of 25b-nbome hcl.

Figure out the maximum amount of 151 my 1.25 x 2.5 inch water color paper will absorb..

then use that same amount of liquid to add the 75mg of 25b to.

but then here's where i'm confused. should I just lay the paper down in the bottom of a pyrex dish and apply the solution to it using a syringe? if I use exactly as much solution as the paper will hold without dripping, then my losses should be minimal AND the solution should be saturating the paper EVENLY so each dose will be the same... right? I'm also worried that this might not be enough 151 to fully dissolve 75mg into.

The other idea I have is to do exactly this, but when it's drying, use a couple of clothes pins to suspend it horizontally, this way none of the solution will have a chance to be left behind on the pyrex glass... but could produce uneven doses is the paper is not perfectly level, as it evaporates the alcohol will get kind of suctioned into the dry spots causing a sort of 'double dipping' effect...

these are of course all assumptions as I have yet to attempt any of this.

Last time I made drops with 100mg and 20ml of distilled water. it worked pretty well and came out to about 500ug per drop, but with the reduced potency that wasn't nearly strong enough and I had my test subjects insufflating 8 drops of water that were sitting in the bottom of a bent straw... the large amount of liquid caused a lot of the product to go to the back of the throat and down into the stomach almost immediately, so some product would be lost unless the test subject knew exactly how hard to inhale it.

Then there's also the option which everyone here is going to shit their pants over...

weigh out a chunk of like 20 milligrams and then from that smaller portion eye out 5 more or less even doses for about 4 miligrams per dose, and just cap those up and tell people to take one end off the cap and snort it.

This is how the 25i I've bought before was sold to me. Dude just divided up a larger 10mg portion as well as he could and capped it up... I must say, it worked fantastically tho the only issue I have with it is that I didn't know exactly how much it was... tho now that I'm a lot more experienced with the nbomes, I can guess they were about 1mg capsules and no more than that, as the strength of them goes along with the 1mg reports I've read online. (bring on the shit storm.)

So anyway... if any one could be of some help WITHOUT freaking out that I took an eye balled dose at one point and came out just fine... that would be greatly appreciated.

I read every single page of this thread, and I've been lurking blue light for years, so I know I'm about to get shit on for the eye balling thing, but seriously, I'm asking for help, not to be insulted and told that I'm not responsible enough to handle these types of substances. So keep that shit to yourselves please.

peace

What? I thought 25B was intermediate in potency between 25I and 25C. Can't really help you with laying blotters, I've never tried but I imagine there's no perfect way of doing it and you'll get some variability regardless. I'd probably make a fairly concentrated solution, maybe 10mg/mL (if you can go that high) and apply a single dose to an individual piece of blotter as needed. Then there's no loss by drying it flat in a pyrex dish, no variable concentration from hanging a sheet to dry, even hanging a sheet close to horizontal would probably still give stronger blotters towards the edge of the sheet.

SONN, don't give it to people who aren't prepared for some hassle administering it. If they give up when it doesn't work they're obviously not that interested. But putting it between the cheek and upper gums should make less leach out into saliva, I don't know if it makes a big difference brushing the area beforehand.

I recently got the freebase form and am excited to start researching it. I would like to vape a low dose of it just to get a general sense of 25i's psychedelic "signature", but know eyeballing isn't a good idea so volumetric dosing is the only way to go. I have all the proper measurement equipment but wonder about the best method to create a freebase solution, but not into HCl form (since TRs indicate it isn't as effective as freebase when vaping...though I do plan on making a salting it for other ROAs). I only have a bit of 96% ethanol

96% EtOH would dissolve the freebase, though according to MattPsy the HCl salt is as or more effective by vapourisation than the freebase, and shows less signs of decomposition during the process.

Last edited:
Results of 880 micg.

88 mgs. of the Hcl. recovered in acetone/IPA yeilding 88% slightly off-white needles from 100 mgs. of the base. These were dosed at at 880 mcgs. in gels via the original fluff LSD method evolved from the windowpane 1972 method by these crafty kids round about 1982 with flourescent light lens pyramids. Administired bucally/subling. Effects + apparent at 30 mins., quickly to a ++ at 45 min. then a solid +++ at one hour through next six. Bright, flowing intense CEVs, three-dimensional fractal like, arabic/Indian/Tibet/Persian carpet motifs, straight flat plane geometrics, washing color plates and planes etc. etc. Never able to well describe such beauty I'm not a poet but just breath-takingly inspirational. Visuals reminiscent of needlepoint LSD liquid delivery system (what a treat. Those were the days. Always had fluff but that once/twice a year needlepoint xls. were another level visually!). No body load, very nice ++/+++ head. Empathy with fellow 'nauts at +++. 4th hour, sex fabulous. Gotta throw in my soulmate I finally found at 52 years old is one half my age, smoking hot and for some reason loves me to death. Can't figure that one. If she was a hooker I sure couldn't afford her! Anyhow, 7-8 hours returned to baseline, pleasantly tired. Napped, coffee and cig. (what a demon is that nicotine) typed this report. Wish I could be more elequent (sp?-oh oh, the afterglow effects my spellablility :>) ) on report but words always fail me when trying to describe any mindstate. Enjoyed this as much/more in some aspects as any of the 2-Cx's. Transcendent. Thanks for looking. PEACE.

Thanks for the info guys. 96% EtOH did dissolve 10mg at 4ml with little stirring needed. After adding 4ml water it turned into a cloudy suspension and is still such. Adding another 1ml 96% EtOH didn't help turn it back into clear solution. Not sure if it's usable sublingually, intranasally or other ROA, but I figure the 25i is evenly spread throughout the suspension since there are no solids forming on the bottom even after letting it sit for 8 hours. Don't have anymore of the 96% EtOH (& can't get anymore) but have some 40% vodka and 70% isopropyl, so could dilute with that and see if it becomes clear again.

Would the following product be a good source of HPBCD for complexing blotters?

It's a liquid supplement which contains:

Per Serving Proprietary Blend 83 mg
Proprietary Blend: Hydroxy Propyl Beta Cyclodextrin, Puerarin 98%, GHRP-Marus Alba Extract
Ingredients: Citric Acid, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium EDTA (freshness), Sodium Benzoate, Sucralose, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Purified Water, Chitosan.

The HPBCD in this supplement is already complexing something, therefore added 25I-NBOMe would have to compete with the other hydrophobic compounds for the binding pocket. Nobody can say for sure if / how well that would work. But a pure Cyclodextrin is a better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.