Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extract it, duh :p

Have you ever extracted mescaline from cactus? Extracting most pure alkaloids from natural sources is a very long and tedious process that includes many seperation and purification procedures because there are hundreds of alkaloids in any given plant. The only really easy extraction I'm aware of is trimyristin from nutmeg (and this is only easy if you have basic organic chemistry knowledge and access to specific solvents and glassware).

No, but it sounds like an alcohol extraction, followed by acid-base isn't too bad. I'm used to long, tedious processes though :D

SpeefhEinsAchtFunf: thanks so much for your feedback. it has been very helpful

so they tried this:
add about .1ml of white vinegar per 5mg freebase and it should dissolve, then add water up to the until you have the the volume you want. So for 10mg freebase, added the 25c into a 10ml amber glass vial, add 0.2ml of vinegar and wait overnight or heat slightly until dissolved, add 6.5ml of water to make a solution of 150ug/0.1ml and its all set

but had trouble dissolving it. it didnt seem to mix at all with the vinegar creating a cloudy solution. they added a bit more vinegar and will leave it overnight to see what happens but so far it seems it isn't dissolving.

any ideas? they are sure they have freebase.

they tried just insufflating a pure drop of isopropyl alcohol which didnt seem to have any adverse effects. in such small quantities it didnt seem irritable. maybe they will try insufflating the isopropyl alcohol with 4mg/ml. (but only a total of 0.1ml to get a dose of 400ug)

they tried just insufflating a pure drop of isopropyl alcohol which didnt seem to have any adverse effects.

This is pretty funny when taken out of context

really though, snorting alcohol sounds fun

as for all the stuff you guys are talking about with vinegar and whatnot....is that method supposed to bypass whatever reason you need HPBCD for? Using that is what makes it active....so how can you NOT use it? Either method #3 is crap or I'm missing something.

as for all the stuff you guys are talking about with vinegar and whatnot....is that method supposed to bypass whatever reason you need HPBCD for? Using that is what makes it active....so how can you NOT use it? Either method #3 is crap or I'm missing something.

from what i've read substances in freebase form are not absorbed well. vinegar turns the substance into a salt which is supposed to have better absorption through the mucous membranes.

it seems hpbcd improves this absorption even more.

one of the group insufflated a little bit of IPA containing 500ug of freebase and had a pretty strong experience. another one droppe the solution containing 500ug on a paper and consumed it sublingually (without hpbcd or turning it into salt) and had a visually active but mellow experience.

so it seems to be possible to use it in freebase form both sublingually and per insufflation

Chiming in here!

Since this is turning into the one of the wierdest, most disparate and at-times-combative threads I've ever seen on BL, I wanna chime in on a couple of things that are bothering me. From the recent looks of it most folks here are phoning in their partially thought out posts from waystations located in the hinterland limbo that is also known as "not-quite-baseline".

1)
And for the blessed knights of light not to attack you in such foolish manner.

Wow, Erny can you please recognize that it is not only you who is capable of offering timely and deep advice on tolerance, dose and experience? Cynicism will get you nowhere here. And more importantly, there is no need to rile up and rally the up-n-comers in some kinda "us vs them mentality" so that they view the Harm Reduction messages in a negative light (e.g. your "Blessed Knights of the Light who attack n00bs in a foolish manner]. Sure some responders go overboard, some give helpful details, and some help the young 'uns plot a course for future action and enlightenment.

It's all part of the community of BL, and each plays a role... Sometimes we even trade costumes and reverse roles. e.g. I like to give a heartfelt measured response, but sometimes I blast off on someone who is surely going to ruin a newly available and potentially world-changing molecule by doing stupid things and bringing it to the attention of the jack-booted thugs in black helicopters. Its all good man. Intricate the n00bs with us, don't extricate them to mordor.

2)
so my friends have 120mg of 25I-nbome freebase dissolved in 30ml of isopropyl alcohol.

they are now wondering what best to do with this.

they have a dropper which drops consistently pure isopropyl alcohol at 40 drops per ml.

since 1 ml of the solution contains 4mg of 25I-nbome, one drop should contain 100 micrograms of 25I-nbome. so 5 drops should be a reasonable 500 ug dose.

the question is how best to administer this.

Can you all please start presenting your inquiries and dilemnas in dimensional analysis form? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? It *really* provides a context-free way to see what the issue is and how to resolve it.

I'm not trying to dictate the mode of posting here, but it really and truly helps evolve the whole community towards a more succinct, less ambiguous form of communication.

Can we all try it please? The Key is that all extraneous details drop out, and all units except the final desired ones are eliminated.

So, accepting the volumetrics of your tools, we have:

(120mg 25I/30ml iPrOH)*(ml iPrOH/40 Drops) = 0.1 mg 25I/drop iPrOH

Ok, now that the plea for standardization of communicating dosages/volums and masses is out of the way... I'd like to give my opinion on the three options you developed.

Go with Number 1 (drop on blotter and use psykap's upper buccal ROA). This should get you there, and the idea of 0.5 mg (5 drops) per blot is a good starting place.

In formal form it looks like this:

(120mg 25I/30ml iPrOH)*(1ml iPrOH/40 Drops)*(5 drops/Blotter) = 0.5 mg/ Blotter

Frankly though, if it were me, I'd dry down ~10 drops of the 25I-iPrOH solution (sol'n) in a small tube, leaving a residue that can be taken up/dissolved into a water/vinegar sol'n. This enables you to not dilute the overall sol'n further by adding water/vinegar sol'n to the 25I-iPrOH sol'n.

So, [PER USE @ 1 mg] dry down the 10 drops of 25I-iPrOH sol'n and take it back up/dissolve in 0.1 ml of 1:1 diluted vinegar (NOTE: 0.1 ml of 1:1 diluted vinegar = 4 of your drops using your calibrated dropper, which I calculate as 0.025 ml/drop, given your saying that you can count on 40 drops/ml). You can scale this up accordingly.

Formally [PER USE @ 1 mg]:

(0.1mg 25I/drop 25I-iPrOH sol'n)*(10 drops 25I-iPrOH/tube)[insert dry step here]*(1/0.1ml 1:1 vinegar water sol'n) = 1mg 25I-acetate in 0.1 ml 1:1 vinegar water sol'n. This is suitable for liquid insufflation of ~0.03 to 0.05 ml sol'n delivering 300-500 mcg 25I.

Someone still wants to argue.

Wow, Erny can you please recognize that it is not only you who is capable of offering timely and deep advice on tolerance, dose and experience?
This is good to hear.

so that they view the Harm Reduction messages in a negative light
Have you seen what was happening here? Some people have got overzealous. What was named "compassion" was actually flaming, it has nothing to do with harm reduction unfortunately, be it even "in the name of harm reduction" (what a nonsense 8( ). Or whatever. So, our hero erased his posts and turned his back upon you. Was it me who forced him into this position now?

Wow, Erny can you please recognize that it is not only you who is capable of offering timely and deep advice on tolerance, dose and experience? Cynicism will get you nowhere here. And more importantly, there is no need to rile up and rally the up-n-comers in some kinda "us vs them mentality" so that they view the Harm Reduction messages in a negative light (e.g. your "Blessed Knights of the Light who attack n00bs in a foolish manner]. Sure some responders go overboard, some give helpful details, and some help the young 'uns plot a course for future action and enlightenment.

It's all part of the community of BL, and each plays a role... Sometimes we even trade costumes and reverse roles. e.g. I like to give a heartfelt measured response, but sometimes I blast off on someone who is surely going to ruin a newly available and potentially world-changing molecule by doing stupid things and bringing it to the attention of the jack-booted thugs in black helicopters. Its all good man. Intricate the n00bs with us, don't extricate them to mordor.

So you are helping me to find elightenment then? lol. If we were talking about a DOx compound, or even 2c-t-2, I would understand a bit more, as those have shown themselves to be a bit less safe. 25i is so goddamned benign I'd feed it to a whole litter of newly born baby kittens. Not really, but I'm trying to get the point across. You strike me as pretentious when you talk about me ruining a potentially 'world changing molecule' when in fact I am only furthering it; not only by taking a chemical that has been known to mankind for less than 2 years and then sharing what I experienced, but by enlargening the safety profile of the compound by taking it with DXM, MDMA, and MXE.

On top of that, the combination of said substances resulted in the single most profound experience of my entire life. I may be young, but I have seen much of what this world has to offer. I've been to jail for pot, I've been homeless, and I make it on my own so watch who you so pompously call a noob. Before said experience, I was of the belief that existence was all in all pointless, and we more or less go to sleep when we die, i.e. there is no 'after life' just black void. I did not believe humans were spiritual beings.

This trip changed ALL of that. It may have been quite a cocktail of drugs, and not the most well-planned research, but god damnit it changed my life!! I now KNOW we are ALL spiritual beings, all of the same great universal collective pool of energy, all ONE and the same if you go deep enough. Makes me rethink the way I approach so many things. I struggled with kleptomania (a serious fucking disorder.) for the better part of 12 years. It's now been over 2 months since I stole a single thing, and I put that in the same light as an H junkie not touching the needle. That's how hard this is for me. Only now it's different, there is no going back to the old way of doing things. Knowing I have all this SOUL inside of me, knowing that when I walk around I am simply pushing through billowing clouds of energy, all manifested in different ways. I can look to my side and see all the shrubs and trees and greenery and although it may appear there is space between me and them, there is not. We are connected. There is SO much more to perceive than our 5 senses afford us.

And now when it comes to anything psychic related....I can no longer be a skeptic. When I was on that trip, my gf and I literally became ONE being. I could see her aura manifesting in colors different than those I normally see on 25i, and I KNEW it was her spirit. Nothing could be kept from one another, our minds and souls had melded.

I suppose I'm rambling now..the point is that the haters annoyed me because this experience was so special to me. People wanna say my combination of drugs was unsafe...well I say that fast food YOU eat is unsafe, that coca cola you chug is so nasty, MMM all those frozen and canned foots you eat filling you up with poisonous NaCl, get that aspartame oh yeah gobble up that MSG! Betcha didn't know it metabolizes to formaldehyde, among other cancer causing things.

So yes, let us reduce harm.

I just hope you do not believe it is as safe for everyone as it is safe for you. People are different. Some has got into serious trouble with it. There is no such thing as a safe drug that seriously alters the CNS functioning. This is impossible.

^ Of course not, but it is still nice to know it's not a certain death combination to take it with other substances, like say DXM & MDMA together. Someone had to be the first one to take LSD with MDMA without knowing it was safe..

The point of my post was never to say "25i is as safe as elmer's glue, kids!" but rather "this shit changed my life, yo"

I now have 8 different people within my circle who have tried it, the newest one being freehugs from BL itself. All feedback has been immensely positive (you can't even get those results with weed lol). He posted a trip report a couple days ago over in TR.

I do however believe more people should try to get ahold of this compound. I've tried LSD several times and never got anywhere near the results that I did with 25i, but YMMV.

Good. The way you advertise it is a bit frightening, you just never got into trouble with it, which isn't actually impossible. I suppose you perfectly understand this yourself.

It seem to me that not just everyone is comfortable with iodine. Methyl is a better candidate for what you want. I personally still see it as a chemical weapon most people should better avoid. By "methyl" I mean 25D-NBOMe. It's also a weapon, but a bit safer I believe.

Red the thread...but sill have ?s

25I is in both HCL and Freebase forms...

can the HCL be vaporized(as is) and if yes, does the same dose vaporized HCL vs Freebase produce the same effect?

Which will dissolve into solution easier in 'everclear'?

If dissolved in 'everclear' can the resulting solution be vaporized (not letting the everclear evaporate out)...therefore a better ability to titrate the dose?

Is one form more stable than the other for long term storage?

I belive from the previous posts that both the HCL and Freebase are more bioavailable when complexed..? Some reports say that the HCL "should not need to be complexed"..but there seem to be mixed findings?

Anyone else have more information about a supposed 'bad batch' that was availavle a few months ago? (is this stuff gone.....)

Just took the plung an hav a 500ug blotter under my toungue as w spaek...I was just hoping to have a nice night without too much in th mental area.

This will b my first tru RC XP so IM a little nrvous.

I hav som 2ng ativan to hlp if anything gets uncomfoirtable

WHat shoul I expect

Is the blotter complexed and do you know whether or not the 25i is freebase or hcl?

I wouldn't expect too much from 500ug sublingual. Depending on how effective your technique is and whether or not it is freebase or hcl it could be very weak to average strength. I doubt you'll need the ativan if you have any experience with psychedelics.

I have a ton of exp with them, just not this in particulr.....I bought 1x 500ug complexed,....I was expecing a quick come on and its been over an hour wioth nothing im noticing.

Just gtting antsy, expecting a day long adventure of mind and sould and am very worrioed Its going to do nothing

25I is in both HCL and Freebase forms...

can the HCL be vaporized(as is) and if yes, does the same dose vaporized HCL vs Freebase produce the same effect?

HCl salt apparently vapourises cleaner (with less signs of decomposition.) You'd have to add around 10% to the mass of the freebase to get an equivalent dose of the HCl salt, but with variable vapourisation efficiency that's probably irrelevant.

Which will dissolve into solution easier in 'everclear'?

I'd think the freebase, by far, but diluting with water will cause the solubility to plummet. The HCl should be easily soluble enough to give pretty high concentrations though.

If dissolved in 'everclear' can the resulting solution be vaporized (not letting the everclear evaporate out)...therefore a better ability to titrate the dose?

No, you'd have to evaporate the alcohol before the 25I would start to vapourise.

Is one form more stable than the other for long term storage?

HCl is more stable.

Just took the plung an hav a 500ug blotter under my toungue as w spaek...I was just hoping to have a nice night without too much in th mental area.

This will b my first tru RC XP so IM a little nrvous.

I hav som 2ng ativan to hlp if anything gets uncomfoirtable

WHat shoul I expect

Buccal (between cheek and upper gums) is said to be better, I guess because there are no salivary glands there?. Saliva produced from under your tongue will probably wash some of the compound out before it can be absorbed, so you have to pay particular attention to not swallowing any of the saliva for 30 mins or so. I guess that's less important for buccal.

25I apparently has the longest come up of the series too, so give it some more time and hopefully it'll start working soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.