View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>it isnt about me wtf. i just wanted to put out a warning so if anyone was going to try this drug they knew what could possibly happen or whats happened to me. thanks to those of you who werent being judgemental.

Just a friendly reminder folks, read the PD Guidelines and you'll find in our rules:
*Be Respectful: This is rule numero uno, and for good reason. The single quickest way to get banned is to be a jerk. Profanity is okay up to a point, but if it's really excessive we'll ask you to tone it down and if it's directed in a hostile manner at someone then it's not okay. Never attack someone for posting a question you think is stupid or obvious, or for holding an opinion you disagree with. This should really be common sense. If you ain't got nothin' nice to say...

I know sometimes a post will really set you off, but please take the time to respond to it in a well oragnized and thought it matter if you must, calling people names does not improve our standard of discourse, and makes you look bad.

~Never

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem was't the drug, it's that such a potent drug was dosed recklessly by persons who were not responsible enough to measure it properly (with a scale of that accuracy, liquid dosing would allow you a far greater degree of accuracy). I'm sorry to hear such an overwhelmingly negative experience was had, and I hope those involved get well soon.

Probably at least worth noting that this may not be the next LSD or DMT in terms of safety. Let's try to take something from this.

Well, I think any of us with sense knew this wasn't the next LSD in terms of safety profile, it's a highly potent synthetic phenethylamine. In terms of value, though, I'd say it ranks up there. For responsible people, that is.

I hate to compare NBOMe compounds to their corresponding 2C-X or DOX analogues but I just want to point out that DOI is also described as being able to have a dark edge. I don't think any of these drugs are evil but if there is a tendency (especially in the predisposed) to catalyze rational thought and turn emotions 'cold' and make everything a bit manic or something... that might make for potential to create such tricky experiences.
If you find that you are a person who reacts this way to the drug then just stop using it, apparently it's not for you. Forget about judging it for everyone else though, a tendency is only a tendency.

And I'm not sure about what all you guys are doing to be able to measure your doses accurately enough but if you think you are doing it well and responsibly while in reality you don't have enough understanding of what you're doing.... then you are potentially putting yourself at risk and don't even know it. I'm not sure I have heard even a single person say they admit they don't have the proper level of understand and equipment - yet it sounds like people are cutting corners.
I'm not interested in dicksizing of 'skill', absolutely none of that. Instead, I worry about the simple fact that people who have no business handling a compound like this in pure form can acquire it. And a portion of those incompetent people will get it and it is likely they will be ignorant to their own incompetence (otherwise they would be too scared or worried to try and fuck with it). This recipe makes it like a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. The guy in the previous page easily could have gotten hurt.
And sometimes when shit goes wrong, such people can even blame the wrong things like the nature of the compound, instead of their own fault of not handling it properly. I am not saying I know for a fact this is what happened to Mr Mad Demon there, at the top of this post I describe another possible reason for making it seem like this compound has an evil nature. I'm not here to point at people and select those I think to be competent and those I do not... I won't do that unless I think it will mean something to a person's safety.

Anyway whatever the reason for your dubious reactions is, Mad Demon, the answer is the same every time: just stay away from it. You have nothing to prove by giving it another shot.

Yeah......probably shouldn't have done it then huh? Oh wait were you talking about other people? Your a sad excuse of a cowering being who can't cope with the fact it decided to put a chemical into its body it did not understand or know about, said chemical decided to bite you in the ass, like psychedelics do to those that toy with them with ill intent and here you are. Theres only one person to blame, yourself. I could even further the argument to state that a chemical cannot even be evil since good and evil are a human ideas, that by the way only exists if you choose to let it. I will also come and tell the families how awesomely sad it is their childerns "friend" gave them a chemical it had no business possessing let alone giving away in the first place as well as how awesomely sad it is their children are ignorant enough to not only take an unknown chemical from multiple stand points but to then blame the chemical when it back fired and did not induce euphoria they sought and instead induced terror/mayhem. I know this is all terribly harsh but sometimes having to read garbage gets terribly old. You bought the chemical, you ate it even though it explicitly states not to, and know you and you alone must live with the consequences. Maybe understanding this will help you along with your therapy and problems.
Wow, stop being an asshole. Its his opiniom take it or leave it. I swear some people get pissed off about the dumbest shit.

But seriously, and assuming you're not just trolling, you don't need HPBCD or anything fancy, just weigh it, dissolve and measure doses from liquid. Then snort or plug. And read the thread.

I thought this stuff wasn't water soluable. If were that easy I would have done that, and there would be 13 now 14 pages on this thread.

And I did do research on this. I couldn't find any specific reports about people who ACTUALLY tried this stuff. Yes it is that Damn Strong!

The only strange thing about this 25i-nbome stuff was that I redosed the second day and absolutely nothing happened. I took much more that day 1 where I was tripping hard. Has as anyone else that tried this stuff have the same problem ? Someone told me you have to wait 2 weeks to have another trip like the first one. I have no idea if that's true.

mr. dyslexic letter combo said:
I thought this stuff wasn't water soluable.

The only strange thing about this 25i-nbome stuff was that I redosed the second day and absolutely nothing happened. I took much more that day 1 where I was tripping hard. Has as anyone else that tried this stuff have the same problem ? Someone told me you have to wait 2 weeks to have another trip like the first one. I have no idea if that's true.

Yeah, the 25x-nbomes have built a reputation for building a high acute tolerance, and you have to wait a week or two or whatevs for it to wear off before using again without significantly increasing your dose.

The freebase isn't water soluble, the salt is.

Last edited:
I thought this stuff wasn't water soluable. If were that easy I would have done that, and there would be 13 now 14 pages on this thread.

And I did do research on this. I couldn't find any specific reports about people who ACTUALLY tried this stuff. Yes it is that Damn Strong!

you must not have looked very hard. i posted a trip report a couple pages back, and there's several including mine on the new reports section of erowid.

Last edited:
On safe measurement:
if you're working with a mg scale...or a 'triple point scale', as it were, your accuracy is likely something in the realm of +/- 3 mg, despite a precision of 1 mg. What you want to do is measure a given amount and then dissolve in water, vodka, isopropanol, etc. (whichever is appropriate for the compound in question), and then measure volumetrically, ideally with a baby syringe or diabetic needle, to split the measurement error.

For example, if you measure 100 mg, your allotment will have a mass between 97 and 103 mg (this assumes constant measurement error...if the measurement error is proportional to magnitude of mass, you're kinda fucked :p). If you dissolve this into 100 ml/water, an expected 1 mg (1 ml) dose will have a mass of 9.97 to 1.03 mg (note that this is a high dose of 25I-NBoMe). Note that the measurement error is negligible, and you could get away with a way more flawed scale. Also note that 1 mg of fluid is a bit more than one can easily insufflate.

ebola

So since this compound is only a 5-ht2a receptor agonist...does that mean it would most likely be safe to take with MDMA? I'm just looking for educated theories.

Whatever you do, one thing to watch out for is hyperthermia. Both of these drugs influence your serotonergic system and can meddle with your internal temperature regulation / homeostasis. There was a report on erowid of 25C of hyperthermia concerns and MDMA is surely known to have the potential. The drug is indeed thermogenic but that is not the real problem, it will not just make you overheat out of the blue. But if you exercise or dance a lot, then you can have a much harder time cooling down naturally. Combined with going lenghts without drinking fluids you can get dehydration, combined with overheating this happens to party-goers with some regularity. So avoid too much dancing and too little drinking and keep an eye on it yourself, cooling down with an icepack or cool shower or take off clothing items accordingly.

Vasoconstriction is another concern, whatever the strength of the trip is you need to keep the dose of NBOMe compounds under a certain dose like a few milligrams. So NBOMe's with higher doses needed have this problem quicker. Since MDMA is a stimulant this can exacerbate the vasoconstriction. Be careful, I'd always recommend doing a trial first with lower doses of both than originally planned.

I cannot comment on the rest of the safety, I think a number of people have tried MDMA with some NBOMe compounds. But there is very little known about these NBOMe drugs so watch yourself!!

I'll go back and find your report cryptix420, I must have missed it. Is it possible for this stuff to cause Hypothermia? I gave a very small sample to 2 of my friends. One of them told me that they felt cold, but were'nt having the visuals. I find that pretty strange, the other friend loved it. He told me the tiny amount i gave him looked like i was being a cheapskate, but he said he put it under his tongue and ingested it eventually, and then he said he was tripping for 12 hours and into the next day. Even the person that said he was feeling cold seemed to like it , but i don't know if he's telling me the truth because he says he didn't experience the visuals, I find that hard to believe. The other guy's report sounded more accurate to my expectations. He was especially impressed at how potent the stuff was. They tiny amount i gave him had him trippin for a while. Well both people and I all seem to want to order more of this. I think this is a genuinely a rc worth trying. The only down side is it's extremely difficult to measure out 0.5 mgs, and tolerance seems to build up overnight , well for me it did. I don't know a whole lot about psychedelics, but I though lsd or acid could be done on a daily basis. I read that Jim Morrison was doing acid Daily at some point..

Is it possible for this stuff to cause Hypothermia?

tolerance seems to build up overnight , well for me it did.

I don't know a whole lot about psychedelics, but I though lsd or acid could be done on a daily basis. I read that Jim Morrison was doing acid Daily at some point..

Hello!
since ive not yet had the courage to try out these compouns ill only be replying with my thoughts on the matter.
hypothermia ... well the percetion that one is cold doesnt really imply a lowered temperature. it is more likely that what your friend felt was vasoconstriction, which can in turn lead to such sensations as cold limbs. how frequent these side effects are is anyones guess since these are really novel compounds still....
so try to be more open to what others are experiencing. just because your friend didnt have the expected visuals doesnt mean the substance had little effect on him or that he is lying. it might be he took the dose incorrectly, or that he has a tolerance already, or even just a dosing error (not enough substance in the dose) like you said, it is very difficult to get .5 mg measured, so perhaps there was a mistake in that process?

i suggest you read up a bit more on psychedelics and how they work and what tolerance really is. myths such as these, that lsd can be effectively taken daily, dont really stand up to scrutiny. sure, you could potentially take it every day, but i bet after 2 days youd have to eat a whole sheet of lucy to feel anything. there are people who have tried constant daily use of psychedelics and the result were not favourabe in the least.

speaking of tolerance, i have a question regarding this and cross tolerance. i see from reports there is a really steep tolerance developed in the days following the trip on 25x nbome. i know it is best to spread out trips for weeks apart. but was just wondering what the cross tolerance was between these compounds and the rest of the psychedelics? can you effectively trip at your usual dose the following week after a nbome trip? what about a nbome trip the week after a normal dose lsd trip? any thoughts?

I dont know about that , i didn't save any I only had 50mgs to begin with. i suppose I could have saved some to try at a later time, but I kept trying to redose on day 2 and nothing was happening. As for the person who said he was feeling cold, I gave him and my other friend about the same exact amount to sample. One guy had the same type of thing I experienced, the visuals and all that, the other guy said no visuals but he said he felt high. I don't know exactly how he felt but i was surprised he didn't get the visuals. Yeah maybe the sample i sent him was too small. But when I first got it i did the smallest possible line.. it wasn't even a line i just sprinkled of few grains of the powder onto a plate and snorted them. And i got pretty stoned off that. How can you tell if you have freebase or nonfreebase?

yeah ur right i dont know squat about lsd or acid. i really have only 1 experience from the 25i that's it. so I don't know how tolerance works with actual lsd or acid. But I was reading about Jim Morrison on wikipedia, just out of curiousity, and it says that he was doing acid daily for like 6 months at some point in time. Whether or not the acid worked every time isn't clear. I guess not since u say tolerance builds quickly from most psychedelics.

People have done psychedelics daily for long periods of time, yes - but as for getting good effects from it? Not unless they're a millionaire and doubling up their doses every day. You need to wait at least a week between trips generally to get good effects from the same amount - 3 days works but you still need anywhere from 1.25 to 1.5x as much usually. Even then, you shouldn't be tripping every week, the experiences won't be very magical after a few trips, and they won't be very enjoyable either. You'll also likely experience some negative side-effects such as memory impairment etc if you're tripping that often over a long period of time. I've been there, and it's not a good idea.

Yeah maybe the sample i sent him was too small. But when I first got it i did the smallest possible line.. it wasn't even a line i just sprinkled of few grains of the powder onto a plate and snorted them.

This is a substance that's active in the microgram range and you're eyeballing it? That's highly irresponsible and could get you hurt - what's worse is you sent an eyeballed dose to someone, he could have had a horrible experience or worse, ended up in hospital if things had gone awry. If you can afford these drugs, you can afford a scale, you can get a great one for as little as $25 man, seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.