View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's why I qualified it by saying "relatively," and don't suggest that it's just outright common. Someone who has experienced the rapid tolerance development of something like 25C
We weren't talking about developed tolerance here.

But I'm curious about what you said in post #144:

I thought maybe you dosed that high by accident (EDIT: I was right, presumably you mixed up 25B with another drug? see EDIT below) or something and overdosed, but then I searched and found this post by you from 2008.

So you did it orally at 30 mg? Why then, do you mention the 30 mg dose in post #144 without saying so?
Don't mix it all like that, please. I've always mentioned the overdose oxperience was i/m. But I've done 2C-B-NBOMe at 30 mgs twice. Once - orally and willingly, and once - i/m, after having mislabeled it as "TMA-2-NBOMe". The oral experience wasn't quite a shulgin's threshold, it was, perhaps, +1,5 at the peak. It didn't felt like if it was 2C-B, that was clearly 2C-B-NBOMe that was felt. The experiment was inaccurate for the chemical might have had adsorbed transbuccaly. It'll be more accurate with a gelatine capsule to avoid transbuccal adsorption. So better forget about that oral 30 mgs experiment at once, or at least do not make any conclusions out of it. You may want to read the NBOMe-mescaline thread here on the details of oral activity of NBOMe phenylethylamines.

Crystallography was never my favorite chemistry "subscience". But I do have a microscope, my 25I-NBOMe HCl does seem to look like white needles and it's been synthesized in laboratory, it was purified, then a mass spectrometry was done. It's >99% pure. (not saying other form can't be 25I-NBOMe)

Was everybody's NBOMe white needles?
You seem to ignore my posts altogether. That's not good. Needles are the most common and essential form for organic salts. Anything here may crystallise as needles. This is when a crystal grows most in one single direction. It may also grow in two directions, and that is when we would see "leaves" or "plates". But it is only the case when the crystal grows normally in 3d when we would see its actual geometry. Yes, I've seen 2C-I-NBOMe as needles too. This form depends on the conditions during crystallisation.

That thing on the photo below was 2C-D-NBOMe under the microscope. These are "leaves", although some of the crystals grew in 3d.

And that your amine did not fell out upon acidification doesn't speak much of anything. I've seen such things many times even with hydrochloric acid, while phosphates may be far more difficult to crystallise. And the PTC nature of the chemical might have led to it's loss somewhere during the workup. I'd suggest you better try it as is before making any conclusions like that.

This is totally true what's been written about the crystalline lattice of 25I-NBOMe. I've also got 25C-NBOMe, 25B-NBOMe, 25D-NBOMe, and 25E-NBOMe that weren't synthesized at the same time as 25I-NBOMe and the crystalline form doesn't look like needles.

Look these up (these are not links posted by me! I just want to show what I mean):
http://i52.twitgoo.com/wwdjd5.jpg
http://i52.twitgoo.com/k2lovs.jpg

These are actually said to be 25D-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe by the person who sent it. Well, it might be 25I-NBOMe as well. In fact you can "manipulate" the crystallization process so the outcome is not needles but, like Erny said, "plates" or "leaves". The fact that your 25I-NBOMe crystals look like cubes under some magnifying glass doesn't mean by no means it's not 25I-NBOMe and it may be even pure but the shapes can be different.

I did get some kind of oil out of it after all. I might not have put enough hydroxide in at first. I still had all the solutions so I put a bunch more hydroxide in and mixed it vigorously and when I evaporated some of the solvent there was an oily substance left with a piney scent. Maybe I can use it as the freebase, if that's what it is. I'll have to evaporate the rest and see if it really is the NBOMe. I don't know what else it would be. Glad I didn't chuck it out or anything. Still it could turn out to be some other substance, but I did check the company on the safeorscam website and all the posts said it was legit. After I saw that I ordered the smallest amount of 25C-NBOMe from them yesterday. This time I won't try to convert it to another salt at all, just use it as is. Mayber 25C will be better because of faster comeup and shorter duration.

*no discussion of sources, or of places where you can discuss sources*

Last edited by a moderator:
I still didn't get anything out of it. Got like 30 mg of something when I added phosphoric acid. That experiment sucked. No idea what actually happened. Did some guy in the packing department decide he wanted some free 25I and there was a salt shaker nearby? I don't know. Why did I pour the whole vial in the hydroxide solution instead of saving 100 mg or so? I don't know. That was pretty nuts right there. However, now I'll just appreciate it more when I really get it. The VP of the company emailed me and says he'll send me a free 20 mg sample when his new batch comes in shortly. I'll see if it looks like that other stuff. I really don't think 25I looks exactly like salt. Could turn out it does, but I'll be very surprised. I think it's either needles or fine powder that clumps together.

Crystals of 25C-NBOMe hydrochloride from acidification of IPA-acetone solution of freebase with aqueous 7M HCl.

vrvsk4.jpg

fluffy white needle crystals that snap cleanly and have a fishscale sheen

I bet Charlie has been called 'Fishscale Sheen' before (sorry had to).

Can those with experience contribute to this thread with more in terms of a generalized experience and time frame? I have read through 5 pages of arguing about appearances of the compound and different combinations. While these things are great to talk about, nobody is getting to the meat of why most people (I assume) read these threads.

Some of us love to hear what this stuff does described in detail. Feed our imaginations.

I've taken this twice so far and it's sort of hard to describe. 1mg was better than 500mcg for me.
The compound felt distinctly phenethylamine, lots of body buzz--would likely be amazing for sex. Music appreciation was off the charts good. Visuals were minimal for me both times and consisted mainly of color bleeding, weird effects with light. No patterns or overlays. On the lower dose I was more energetic and could have danced or walked around a museum all day. The higher dose found me feeling languid yet stimulated.

The come-on is very fast for me, about 15 minutes until first alert then a rapid rise and a drop-off after 3 hours or so. I felt initial nausea both times, tendency towards bruxism. The residual stimulation and feeling of being off-baseline continues for a long time for me, I find it hard to go to sleep even 10 hours after ingestion. The second time I took this, at 1mg, I decided to take a dose of 4-aco after 3 hours because I felt the trippiness waning. Combination was fun but nothing special really. 2ce+4aco together is much more shattering. The 4aco here just amped up the visuals.

Overall, there was nothing too ego-threatening so far for me in this one. The day after taking 25I I feel really crabby and short-tempered which is a minus in my book. I'd likely keep this one around though.

I've taken this twice so far and it's sort of hard to describe. 1mg was better than 500mcg for me.
The compound felt distinctly phenethylamine, lots of body buzz--would likely be amazing for sex. Music appreciation was off the charts good. Visuals were minimal for me both times and consisted mainly of color bleeding, weird effects with light. No patterns or overlays. On the lower dose I was more energetic and could have danced or walked around a museum all day. The higher dose found me feeling languid yet stimulated.

The come-on is very fast for me, about 15 minutes until first alert then a rapid rise and a drop-off after 3 hours or so. I felt initial nausea both times, tendency towards bruxism. The residual stimulation and feeling of being off-baseline continues for a long time for me, I find it hard to go to sleep even 10 hours after ingestion. The second time I took this, at 1mg, I decided to take a dose of 4-aco after 3 hours because I felt the trippiness waning. Combination was fun but nothing special really. 2ce+4aco together is much more shattering. The 4aco here just amped up the visuals.

Overall, there was nothing too ego-threatening so far for me in this one. The day after taking 25I I feel really crabby and short-tempered which is a minus in my book. I'd likely keep this one around though.

Pretty much a mirror of my own experiences. I usually do 1500ug buccaly. Apart from all you said, the only thing I can add is at the higher dose I lose my body (so to speak), and just become basically a brain and 2 eyes floating through the space/time continuum. If I purposely shift my focus over to my body, I can see its there and feels its there, but without the conscious effort, the body and limbs almost ceasy to exist.

like you said, music appreciation is off the charts good, visuals mostly color bleeding and light effects (surfaces look electric). Even a dull scene tends to look beautiful. Appreciation of nature also highly enhanced. I didn't get much of a body buzz. Also, snappier and bit shorter temperament that day after. If I do it 3 days in a row, then the 1st few days off it are very hard to wake up out of bed.. I think I can feel the burnout or down-regulation neural pathways (kinda like after mdma but nowhere bear as bad).

Tried taking a hit after some 25c-nbmome and it was not good. Sensory overload. Time speed up, lost linkage from one moment to the next, sound distorted, visuals too distorted to make sense (nothing pretty, just messy).

Love the 25i on its own though... thinking to combo with Ketamine possibly, or some other chem that has a warm body glow.

Also has some great personal insights and revelations of sorts. Always keep a pen and paper handy on this one, the thought processes are deep and awesome.

I bet Charlie has been called 'Fishscale Sheen' before (sorry had to).

Can those with experience contribute to this thread with more in terms of a generalized experience and time frame? I have read through 5 pages of arguing about appearances of the compound and different combinations. While these things are great to talk about, nobody is getting to the meat of why most people (I assume) read these threads.

Some of us love to hear what this stuff does described in detail. Feed our imaginations.

True enough, and that's what trip report threads are for. This is a general 25I thread. I didn't actually try any of it yet but was interested in knowing what it was supposed to look like. Thanks to those who responded. I don't know what I got sent the first time but it sure wasn't 25I. I just got a sample of the company's new batch and it looks like it's supposed to, a fine white powder which is not at all dense and not at all granular. So soon I will try it and tell you what the effects are like in my opinion. Sorry if I bored you by discussing aspects of 25I other than its effects, which this forum was already full of anyway.

Anybody has experience with 25I-NBMD ? Soon I should have small quantities and I am wondering how is comparison. How do you think it will be also very psychedelic as 25I-NBOMe? . At the moment I do not tried 25I-NBOMe . First test for few days . I heard also that 25I-NBMD is much better soluble than NBOMe.

Tried 25I with MSM as a cut. 1 mg got me twice as high as I ever want to be again. Kind of like having a jackhammer attached to your pelvis. All I did was keep clicking through channels on TV and never finding anything good, like for hours. How come there's never anything good on?

That was pretty brutal, I must say. It was 1 part NBOMe/ 9 parts pure MSM crystals. I took two 5 mg doses of the mixture about 30 minutes apart. ROA was dumping it under my tongue, keeping in mouth for about 30 minutes. Bitter taste, no irritation or anything though. The MSM seems to help absorption. Shouldn't have taken the second dose. A general feeling of unease throughout. Lack of appetite. No clear patterns but just lines everywhere sort of thing. Can't really say I enjoyed it. I think I might actually like 25C more, though they're pretty similar. I had clearer CEVs with it, as I recall. 1 mg of 25I with MSM is pretty hard on your system, with the rather severe tremors and all. 500 mcg should be enough. Takes a while to kick in fully so you think you need more but you really don't.

So my opinion of 25I right now is that it's definitely not a replacement for LSD. Body load rather drastic and nowhere near as good visuals. To me it felt a lot like the parent 2CI, just more potent and somewhat less nausea. There was still some nausea and general gastro discomfort. I just felt quite uncomfortable most of the time. The only thing I can still try is taking diphenhydramine beforehand. That might fix it. You don't realize how unique LSD is until you try to find something else that will have similar effects. Haven't found anything that comes close to matching it yet. Shame it's so hard to get. I'll try the diphenhydramine experiment next weekend. I should also try nasal admin next time. I'll just snort the powder instead of putting it under my tongue.

^ there's usually a complete lack of body load...interesting you say you had one. I will report back with my own personal finding later this week.

So my opinion of 25I right now is that it's definitely not a replacement for LSD. Body load rather drastic and nowhere near as good visuals. To me it felt a lot like the parent 2CI, just more potent and somewhat less nausea. There was still some nausea and general gastro discomfort. I just felt quite uncomfortable most of the time. The only thing I can still try is taking diphenhydramine beforehand. That might fix it. You don't realize how unique LSD is until you try to find something else that will have similar effects. Haven't found anything that comes close to matching it yet. Shame it's so hard to get. I'll try the diphenhydramine experiment next weekend. I should also try nasal admin next time. I'll just snort the powder instead of putting it under my tongue.

If you go in to every trial with an RC hoping that it replaces LSD then you will be disappointed, naturally. If 2C-E had been invented before LSD, you might be hoping that LSD was a great 2C-E replacement, which it wouldn't be. Treat every psychedelic as a new compound to explore with child-like wonder rather than wishing it compares to LSD, and that will liberate you from the self-limiting desire for all RCs to compare to LSD.

Last edited:
Getting some blotters of this compound tomorrow...extremely intrigued and excited to try it. Anyone have any tips on ingesting? Does it work best simply held under the tongue? The blotters have already been complexed with HPBCD and are reportedly 500ug.

If it's anything at all like LSD, I'll probably end up combining it with MDMA, as I've just come across some very good rolls and it's been 6 months since my last experience. I'll report back here of course with the results of my 'research' hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.