• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How does weed make you feel?

frontbluntt

Bluelighter
The first time I smoked bud was probably around three years ago, and all my life, anytime I smoke it it makes me feel pretty bad. I feel all OCD all over my body and generally just uncomfortable.

I've always wondered what people feel like who love smoking bud so much. It's many people's drug of choice and I just can't understand it, although I'd love to be able to enjoy it like so many other people do.

Once you get a tolerance it feels like a completely different drug. In college when I smoked in my pretolerance days, I used to have very weird reactions to pot, I would flip out and act crazy and get very weird and real effects like pixelated vision, echoing audio, and it was fun being f'ed up but it didn't feel "good". In college I just drank all the time and thought pot was stupid, and genuinely didn't really enjoy it much. (oh how things change when you get older and less willing to deal w/ liquor hangovers!)

However, once I got a tolerance, everything changed and I got all the normal effects, and it relaxed me instead of making me flip out like it did. Once I got a tolerance it felt awesome! Alcohol is fun because it's fun and opens you up, never made my body feel "good" though if that makes sense, like it didn't feel like it was doing my body a favor.

Pot on the other hand feels awesome and great!

It gives a different feel about 100% of the time for me, probably because of the differing levels of cannabinoids and dosages smoked each time, set and setting, etc. JWH-250 felt pretty much exactly the same to me every time I smoked it, though (minus the intensity based on dose)...

Sometimes weed does indeed make me feel bad. In fact, for a while, I would not smoke without a benzo or an opiate or the like on hand to synergize with the marijuana. Marijuana is my first love when it comes to drugs and certainly an all time favorite. It is a variable experience though... You never know quite what you're going to get.

The reason I smoke (vape) marijuana though really isn't to feel wonderful. It is to feel a bit different, sure, a bit good, sure, but mainly just altered and hopefully giggly and not anxious. I typically exercise nowadays when I smoke (vape) because i have found it can really let me get more and more into it...

...So to answer your question, there are lots of reasons. Pleasure, mind-exploration, exercise, pain relief, and I'm sure many more (anti-cancer, etc) are soon to come in some form or another.

Edit- As the above poster mentioned, the effects also greatly differ as you smoke more and more regularly...

I agree that pot feels good when your using daily, but there's something about taking tolerance breaks that keeps pot interesting for me. To answer your question there are many people that just don't find pot euphoric and enjoyable, they get all anxious and have panic attacks so your not alone. For me pot has such a unique euphoria that I haven't got from anything else, it's like I see everything so differently but it's not so intense(depending on tolerance) which makes it so enjoyable.

I get a feeling of well being for a week then i get a feeling of being broke the next. I love weed. Good medicine. Treats most nasty's, even cancer and schitzophrenia. (experience).
Not hard to stop. No sweats and shit. But because of the dopamine it gets to damn hard to cope with out weed.
(yes i'm crazy). It stops panic attacks for me, and lets me eat. (i used to weigh less than 50kg) Now i'm climbing to 60kg!!!! YEY. And today is day 3 or 4 no weed. Back on in 2 days. And do i feel bad...nah. If it was H i'd be at the MMT clinic getting bupe. Still, we must do all we can to rid the world of this killer narcotic x)

Last edited:
As someone who smoked daily for years (now cut back to a weekly smoker), I'd say it just relaxes me. It takes the edge off, while making the day more enjoyable for me. I take the time I'm high to sort out my thoughts but also to enjoy the day and whatever I'm doing.

The other reason a lot of people smoke is there are not many recreational drugs out there that you can use everyday without severely affecting your life. Pot certainly can (it's def starting to affect mine!) but not to the extent that any other "feel good" drugs may

i used to smoke bud daily, and i used to love it too. it would put me at ease and just make doing everyday things more enjoyable. but i've hit that point where i'm sure many potheads are familiar with; the anxiety. i get major anxiety and depression everytime i get high now, so its forced me to quit. over the past year, i would smoke occasionally just to see if i would enjoy it again but everytime i do its as if it would tear open some emotional scars and just fuck with my head. so yea no more bud for me

Love it or ya hate it, my sister hates weed, makes her anxious and have full on body sensation trips but me, I just love the flush of pressure release in my face, the messed up vision the cooking feeling in my chest the smell the taste, oh it's just a lovely treat!

Paranoid, anxious, giggly, can't remember what happened 15 seconds ago.

weed changes from a psychadelic stimulant to a depressant once one becomes tolerant to the intitial effects. I refer to those intitial "trips" on weed if you will as the glory days. it can never be gotten back.

Makes me feel pretty relaxed and giggly lol. Sometimes I can get very philosophical and introspective,but I tend to be that way anyway. I guess I'm just more likely to speak my thoughts than let them wade around in my head like they normally do. On occasion it makes me unbearably horny XD

Puts me in a good mood.
Makes my anxiety and worries go away.
Gives me something to look forward to.
Makes music better.
Makes me not think of other substances.
Contentedness.
Helps me sleep at night.

There's a lot of reasons probably that I'm not listing too like
-Makes me forget things

Pretty much just slipping out of life, entering a funny world where everything is fun. Everytime I'm awaiting a long train ride or something I think "oh would this be fun with weed, just sitting and looking out of the window with full amazement"

Relaxation, happy, gigily. Sometimes anxiety, head locked, cant express my thoughts. Blank mind. Its hit or miss. But when its a hit its AMAZING