Welcome to Outer Shpongolia!

AndroidsDreamofBTC

Bluelight Crew
So who else here likes Shpongle? They are probably my favourite EDM band. I've been listening to them for almost 7 years and I never get sick of their music even though I've probably listened to some of their tracks over 200 times! 8o

When ever I listen to Shpongle, they never fail to take me to other places even without the help of drugs. Their music is just pure psychedelia. It makes me forget about the petty concerns of daily life, and allows me to just let go and feel one with universe. :)

A chronological selection of Shpongle tracks:

Are you Shpongled?
Shpongle Falls
Divine Moments of Truth
...and the Day Turned to Night (Part 1) | (Part 2)

Tales of the Inexpressible
Dorset Perception
Star Shpongled Banner
A New Way to Say Hooray
Shpongle - Room 2 Om

Nothing Last...But Nothing is Lost...
Outer Shpongolia
When Shall I Be Free?

Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland
Nothing Is Something Worth Doing
I am You

Other good Shpongle-like releases:
Various - The Mystery Of The Yeti (1996)
Various - The Mystery Of The Yeti - Part 2 (1999)
The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences (1995)
Celtic Cross - Hicksville (1998)

There also other groups like entheogenic, but I'd say they are more clones of Shpongle.

Last edited:
Shpongle is awesome. I love the looks I get in my car when I am playing "Stamen of the Shaman" at full volume. IMO they have some of the most consistent and quality music out there, esp. in the EDM world. When Ineffable Mysteries came out that CD stayed in my whip for soooooo long. It doesn't seem like they produce very often however, which is a damn shame.

Duuuuude I just saw them live 2 weeks ago and it fucking blew my mind!! <3
I loved them before but seeing them live was such an amazing experience. Now I am completely IN LOVE with them :)

Duuuuude I just saw them live 2 weeks ago and it fucking blew my mind!! <3
I loved them before but seeing them live was such an amazing experience. Now I am completely IN LOVE with them :)

Yeah seeing them live is a whole different story. I love listening to them at home or in non-party environments, but live shows just blow you away.

The only time I wasn't too impressed with their live show was at the Shpongle Live concert in Moscow. The show itself was awesome, it was great to see them play live with vocalists and so on... It's just that the environment was a little too commercial for my tastes. Huge VIP section, very expensive tickets, no room to dance and lots of yuppie types who probably didn't really anything about EDM. Well at least the music was out of this world. :)

Duuuuude I just saw them live 2 weeks ago and it fucking blew my mind!!
Was it a Posford DJ set or was it the full Shpongle show with Raja Ram, instruments, dancers, etc?

Shpongle

Has anyone seen shpongle? I'm going to see the shpongletron experience this Saturday and am wondering what to expect. How long do they play and what's it like? Thanks in advance.

Every time I've seen them they've played for about 2 hours. I haven't seen the Shpongletron experience, but I would imagine it is going to be sick.

Simon usually plays more energetic, almost psytrance mixed of his tracks. The energy is unbelievable. The crowds tend to be full of hippie type people, lot's of people are fucked on psychedelics and/or MDMA.

I actually prefer when they play at smaller venues with a smaller crowd. It feels like everyone is on the same level.

Moving to Shpongle thread --->

^^ Absolutely. Tickets to see them in Sydney in January were like $100 each if I recall correctly.
But I dare say it's got nothing to do with the actual band mates wanting more money. It would be the venues putting the prices up, knowing that people will pay those ticket prices to see an act as awesome as Shpongle.

Was it a Posford DJ set or was it the full Shpongle show with Raja Ram, instruments, dancers, etc?

Sorry mate I only just saw this post now, delayed response much!

Yes it was the full live show with Raja Ram, Michele Adamson (*swooooon* I am in love with her <3) and the other lady Hari Om, and all the dancers and stuff.
Amazing <3

If it was only a Posford DJ set I guess I would've said I saw Simon Posford play the other week ;) =D

^^ Absolutely. Tickets to see them in Sydney in January were like $100 each if I recall correctly.
But I dare say it's got nothing to do with the actual band mates wanting more money. It would be the venues putting the prices up, knowing that people will pay those ticket prices to see an act as awesome as Shpongle.

Sorry mate I only just saw this post now, delayed response much!

Yes it was the full live show with Raja Ram, Michele Adamson (*swooooon* I am in love with her <3) and the other lady Hari Om, and all the dancers and stuff.
Amazing <3

If it was only a Posford DJ set I guess I would've said I saw Simon Posford play the other week ;) =D

I saw them as full team in Moscow in 2008. It was very impressive. Tickets were very expensive and the crowd could have been better (too many random who just read reviews in trendy party magazines), I prefer a more psychedelic crowd for such events.

Unfortunately, it is the artist that determines ticket prices. I just got done taking a whole semester long course about concert promotion and venue management.

I saw the Shpongletron Experience in Denver here at a really small theater (400 capacity) on 4/20 and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen live. It was just a Posford DJ set, but the visuals of the Shpongletron were something I have never seen before. I wrote a paper on it for the class I mentioned and got a 97 =D
I did, however, also think tickets were expensive at $35 USD each.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwjBTWUtOA

My own photos:
CIMG9065.jpg

During DMT:
CIMG9053.jpg

Look at it like this, if an artist's album leaks onto the internet, they lose a lot of money. So then they need to charge more for the tickets. I know this because this is what happened to simon in 2009. He said basically there was not too much money in the coffers because of the leak so he had to tour more than usual.

Unfortunately, it is the artist that determines ticket prices. I just got done taking a whole semester long course about concert promotion and venue management.

Awww, that is disappointing to hear :( I always had faith that the artists weren't scamming anyone :D Although yes I realise that they need to get paid too, because it's their job. And TearItDown made a good point about albums getting leaked and needing to make up the funds for that.

Thank you for clearing that up though hun :)

i LOVE SHPONGLE seen them twice in London,awesome gigs.
It's hard to beleive raja ram is 70yrs old.<3

It's hard to beleive raja ram is 70yrs old.<3

I knowwww!! I remember seeing him do a set on his own as Raja Ram back in 2005. We were up the top level dancing throughout the first part of his set and I hadn't actually SEEN him yet. I looked down at the stage and to my immense surprise, instead of a snappy young go-getter at the decks that I imagined, I saw this wicked cool old man bouncing around the stage hahaha. I said to my boyfriend "Am I tripping really hard or is that guy actually really old...?!"
He is awesome and amazing. I wish he was my grandfather =D <3

Awww, that is disappointing to hear :( I always had faith that the artists weren't scamming anyone :D Although yes I realise that they need to get paid too, because it's their job. And TearItDown made a good point about albums getting leaked and needing to make up the funds for that.

Thank you for clearing that up though hun :)

I wish I had a copy of the settlement sheets we looked at from some AEG Live shows this semester, you would be amazed at what things cost and what needs to be covered by the revenue from tickets.

I wish I had a copy of the settlement sheets we looked at from some AEG Live shows this semester, you would be amazed at what things cost and what needs to be covered by the revenue from tickets.

In my experience, Shpongle show tend to be either relatively cheap and low key (small venue, not too many decorations - but cool people and good music) or pricey but very impressive.

I knowwww!! I remember seeing him do a set on his own as Raja Ram back in 2005. We were up the top level dancing throughout the first part of his set and I hadn't actually SEEN him yet. I looked down at the stage and to my immense surprise, instead of a snappy young go-getter at the decks that I imagined, I saw this wicked cool old man bouncing around the stage hahaha. I said to my boyfriend "Am I tripping really hard or is that guy actually really old...?!"
He is awesome and amazing. I wish he was my grandfather =D <3

I saw him play as part of 1200 Micrograms in Moscow in 2005. Raja Ram just seems to have an infinite amount of energy. He was just going crazy behind the decks.