Welcome to Outer Shpongolia!

Saw them (really just Simon Posford) live back in May and I still have flash backs to that night. Man, I was completely twisted on some lucy combined with this stuff called 2C-T-2. it was amazing and everyone was connected

1:30-2 is way too late imo, I don't like the day after to be a fight just to stay awake, esp. if the show is on a week night. I mean, everyone has responsibilities and getting home at 6AM every time isn't exactly a good idea for everyone.

I know, I was trying to say that shows starting that late are too late. I love when shows are 21+ because the crowd tends to be better, but in a way its better to see a 17+ show because it will start at midnight. I don't like shows going past 3. Anything past that is just kind of annoying.

I become less and less keen on Shpongle every album they release. Are You Shpongled? is a classic though.

I find myself listening to Ott quite a lot more nowadays. His latest, Mir, is sweet as fuck.

I become less and less keen on Shpongle every album they release. Are You Shpongled? is a classic though.

I find myself listening to Ott quite a lot more nowadays. His latest, Mir, is sweet as fuck.

I have to say that while I enjoyed Ineffable Mysteries, I did feel it a was a little weak compared to their other work. But then again, I felt the same thing about Nothing Lasts... and now I love Nothing Lasts...

Still I try to keep an open mind about artists changing their musical direction.

Ahh... it pains me to see people disappointed with Shpongle's latest work!

I really think that it reflects a strongly positive evolution in Raj and Posford's artistic maturity. It gets better and better with each listen, for me. Even Simon himself said that it took numerous listens before HE truly appreciated Ineffable Mysteries.

I'm so thrilled that they're working on the 5th album. Check out the Shpongle FB page for some hilarious videos of Simon and Raj working (if you can call it that :D) in the studio.

EDIT: Just had a listen to the intro of their latest track... the Halloweenish vibes combined with the museum-of-consciousness sample is totally awesome. <3

Last edited:

I still like Shpongle's newer works, but I also rate Mir well above Ineffable Mysteries. Great artist, amazing album.

Psyched for Shpongle's fifth album... such a tease giving us a preview so long before it'll be released :D

Shpongle nyc 10/28

Is anyone going to to hammerstein on the 28th?

I'm not dressing as anything, just going to be hopefully sharing blasts of dmt in the 2nd balcony with the dude next to me.

shpongle art

Does anyone know where I can find any shpongle posters or art online that I can buy? I've searched around but no luck.. And if possible I want a poster with shpongle art but without words. thanks.

thankyou for your sarcastic and unhelpful response. obviously i tried google. the first website that comes up has only 3 posters none of which i really like. i was looking for a bit of a larger selection, like a website that has a catalogue of electronic music posters not just random google shit. if you know of one please show me, don't just tell me to do what i obviously already did.

seriously bro people like you shouldn't post on this site if you're just going to put other people down and be unhelpful

I would really like to commission a Shpongle Live print to commemorate the Halloween concerts last weekend... Anyone else think this is a good idea???

^ theyve got limited addition shirts, id think theyd have a poster for it too.

those t-shirts sold out crazy fast. I don't remember seeing a poster a month ago when I saw the shirt but they are definitely out of it now. I was pretty bummed, couldn't even find a merch table. My wife and I tied the know earlier in October and have a killer lineup of show from now until NYE. I was hoping to collect posters from each event. I guess I should check ebay.

oh, well they still have some large shirts. That's cool. No print though. I'll send Simon an email and see if that gets me anywhere. Nothing on ebay either. I'm guessing it was never made which sucks considering they've got posters/prints for other tours. If any one has any additional info, let me know.

Any idea if shpongle/tron has done any gigs around ireland or england ? india and all them trippy spots are a bit of a trek :L

obviously i tried google.
that's not obvious to anybody except you. you didn't mention it in your op.
the first website that comes up has only 3 posters none of which i really like.
if you can explain to me how i'm supposed to know which posters you will and will not like, i'd be obliged.
seriously bro people like you shouldn't post on this site if you're just going to put other people down and be unhelpful
please don't exaggerate. you asked for help finding shpongle posters. i gave it to you.

seriously, bro, don't get butt-hurt because you didn't like those specific posters. in no way did i put you down and whether i was helpful or not is a matter of opinion.

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair