• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bug spray passed off as meth?

red22

Bluelighter
Some meth heads told me that people spray Raid onto a sheet of glass with an electrostatic charge or something and that produces a crystal-like substance that resembles meth and also has effects.

Is that true?

i've heard of William S. Burroughs("Junky"), but i've never read "Naked Lunch" and i still don't see how it relates to this topic(the Wikipedia article didn't mention a bug exterminator).

This is apparently a fairly widespread bullshit rumor, I had a guy tell me the same thing ten years ago in jail. I think he said it was black flag, not raid, but anyway I told him "Dude, that ain't meth, it's bug poison." He said "well, it fucks you up". Which is a hard point to argue.

I have some Raid in the cupboard! Shit, I always knew those ants looked like they were loving it.

Bug poisons/sprays will not have effects. Not any effects that you would actively go seeking and certainly nothing pleasant. Anything that would be active in humans would kill them - bug sprays are usualy either pyrethroids or nicotine derivatives, the former much more commonly than the latter as pyrethrins have little toxicity to people.

People huff acetone for fucks sake and claim they get effects. If you value your health I would avoid consuming things that are clearly not meant for human consumption.