• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Face of Temazepam Addiction

I'm stuck on Klonopin still, horrible withdrawals when I taper so I always go back up to around 2.5mgs a day now, just can't seem to get off of it.

I'd take Heroin wd over benzo wd anyday, with Heroin even with no sub I can take some loperamide and benzos and naproxen and feel significantly better. Nothing seems to help benzo wd, you just have to go very very slow and taper.

I think I need something with an even longer half life and be extra determined for it to happen as far as the benzos, I'm still on subs too, such a mess... I had no idea the hell I was signing up for with benzos. Opiates I had an idea, not benzos though, the doctor gave me no warning and I didn't think to research it on my own back then.

I wish I'd never gotten that first xanax script in 07, it's been near impossible to get off of benzos since I got my first script.
i hope i don't get addicted lol

The story is the same: Monthly users become weekly users become daily users. It happens very fast and some people dont realize they have an addiction until months down the road they say"Shit, Ive been taking Xanax for 3 months now and I feel Horrible"

At one time Halcion carried all the horror stories in America. Famous people were into it big time like Burt Reynolds who nearly lost his career and life to it.

^that reminds me of a Bush the First story. for w/e reason the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was at the White House and Bush introduced them as "the nitty ditty great bird."
afterward the media reported that he had been taking halcion for awhile and that he and his doc had decided that it was time to quit.
---
back on topic, i was prescribed 30mg temazepam after my husband was killed. i didn't find them useful for sleep at all. i was already pretty damn depressed at the time and temazepam only increased the depression.
xanax also makes me feel terribly depressed and wickedly irritable after only 2 or 3 days.

-izzy

Does heroin withdrawal make you extremely paranoid, not sleep at all for over a week, hear "voices", spur you into a delirium, make you see things, convulse, overload every sense you have to the point where it is extremely painful, force you into a cycle of homicidal rage, suicidal despair, coupled with a 24/7 panic attack, and feeling like you're going to jump out of your skin? Ugh... I've been in acute benzo withdrawal once, it was by far the worst time of my life. That's why I tapered off, even then, it still was hell. Fuck benzos. Sure, some people miraculously evade withdrawals and can quit benzos whenever, but chances are that a person will experience true hell from benzo withdrawal.

Lucky for me I do not like alcohol or benzos, never did and hope I never will because I know people (many of whom are in my family) who have died due to alcoholism and abusing benzos. The withdrawls from benzos have been reported to be worse than heroin or opiates, withdrawl from heroin makes you feel like you're going to die, withdrawl from benzos or alcohol make those feelings a reality that you must face.

Damn this is actually pretty freaky

This quote gave me chills

"I'd rather withdraw off heroin any day. If I was withdrawing from benzos you could offer me a gram of heroin or just 20mg of diazepam and I'd take the diazepam every time - I've never been so frightened in my life."

Temazepam's no joke...I was surpised to find out recently that, outside of the US, there's many places where it is what xanax is in the US.
/luckily for me, my dr. kept me at 25mg, 5d/wk., despite going way overboard on other meds.
Withdrawals from benzo's or opiates are no joke, and the stronger/shorter acting it is the worse the w/d's (duh ;P), no surprise that temazepam w/d's are showing like this. I will say it'd be nice to see taper-schedules improved and learned by all dr.'s who take patients off of benzo's/opiates, the way it's generally done is a disgrace (I wonder how long they had him on 20mg or less daily of diazepam before putting him at 4mg, which is what, 1/4th a mg of alprazolam?)

Damn this is actually pretty freaky

This quote gave me chills

"I'd rather withdraw off heroin any day. If I was withdrawing from benzos you could offer me a gram of heroin or just 20mg of diazepam and I'd take the diazepam every time - I've never been so frightened in my life."

I didn't get that...as I mentioned, I had to come off temazepam along with other things, and temazepam is definitely not the one I noticed - but depending on how the person is with anxiety, depending whether they understand how anxiety on w/d's feels, I can see the terror of benzo w/d's getting up there with opiates. Glad I wasn't at such high levels of f'in temazepam (and why the fuck would they have put him on that schedule in the 1st place? Yeah, he's an adult and makes his own choices, but it reads like he was quickly accustomed to crazy amounts of day/night(DAY-temazepam?) temazepam while he was in an altered state from the panic of his accident. It seems wreckless as hell to me to have him on temazepam dosages like that, day and night - unless the article failed to mention other benzo's/approaches that were tried/failed, or unless there's medical reasoning I'm not seeing, the usage of temazepam off the bat was inappropriate at such levels. Hoping I'm being too critical, and that they worked their way up from valium through the others before using temazepam - you don't give fentanyl for a toothache 8) )

Benzo addiction is something that sneaks up on you like a ninja...
At first everything's fine, you can take it for a couple of weeks and be totally fine other than some rebound symptoms. Then it's a couple of weeks later and you can't imagine being without your "little pills of calm and sanity".

Though to be honest, I'm extremely glad that I'm addicted to Benzos rather than Ethanol (which could quite easily happen and almost did - Mother's an Alcoholic, her Mother was and I've gone through periods of drinking every day for a number of weeks. Plus there's my Opiate addiction).
Even the thought of tapering, which I'm going through at the moment, can causes me to really lose my mind about the whole process.
But I'm doing well on 2mg Diazepam 3 x daily and 10mg Temazepam at night (Was on 20-30mg Diaz a day) :) So yea, quite proud of myself at the moment.

So yes, in essence, keep the use to the odd day if yer going to use them and only as a last resort when all else fails.

That sounds like a solid, thought-out taper schedule, good luck w/ it ;P
((have you tried 2X/day on the diazepam? 3X/day seems unnecessary, unless you just started it when getting on the low-end of the taper))
And exactly re "couple of weeks" - the US is horrible when it comes to benzo's, I know many more people who're just long-term prescribed it than people who get it on/off or for the generally accepted, ~1-3wk period where it doesn't hook itself in. If you're not ready for getting off that, and the dosage was high and sustained for a while, behavior like the OP isn't much of a surprise (still shocking/sad/etc to hear).
Glad you don't have ethanol-addiction, in people who're prone to it, or have anxiety/needed benzo's, it actually causes addiction similar to benzo's (GABA changes). In fact, many can use alcohol/benzos if they're w/d'ing from the other one. I've literally seen, multiple times, people with watered-down hard liquor in a plastic bottle, to be sipped slow+steady through the day. Doesn't work so well for night-time tho

Wow, my family practitioner just offered me a script for xanax and I declined b/c of all the horror stories I've heard about benzo addiction/wd's. When I explained my concerns she said addiction/wd's are not an issue as long as one infrequently takes small doses. I still felt uncomfortable with that b/c it seems like infrequent benzo use is uncommon/easier said than done. My perception is probably a bit skewed though b/c the only benzo users I know are here on BL.

If your going to mess around with benzos then Just use them sparingly and never take them for several days in row. The withdrawals are a living hell with stomach and muscle cramps. Went into convulsions once and came to laying in a hospital bed not remembering how i got there. I dont remember a thing during the convulsions but they really do scare the hell out of everyone else. In my opinion this is one drug to stay away from.

Nice bump. PS.

injected temazepam gel into his eye

wait, what?

mArQXhS3yI3HG.gif

I had a temazepam script for a few months years ago. It didn't live up to the hype IMO. I would have rather taken kpin or Xanax any day of the week.

^Agreed. I got 30mg temaz capsules for insomnia for a few months but I switched to Seroquel because I didn't find it effective.