• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shooting Bupe over naltrexone.. withdrawals??

specneck

Bluelighter
Ok I've been occasionally shooting suboxone pills for about 3 weeks, but every day for the past week. It's the only thing that I can feel over the implants.

Usually it's just one 8mg pill but sometimes more when I can get it, and I'd always get more when I can find it.. But Perth is only so big....
So, because the naltrexone from the implants will be replacing the buprenorphine after it is metabolised, I was thinking that I won't go through withdrawals...

What's other people's opinion? Though I would much rather have a reply from someone who has done exactly this rather than speculation.

You could still probably experience suboxone WD. It has a higher affinity for the receptors, so is replacing the naltrexone on the receptor proteins.

I haven't done 'exactly this', but I do know how opioids and naltrexone work.

Naltrexone

First to answer your question, you will experience WD, but depending on how your body metabolizes the bupe the naltrexone may slowly take over your receptors until a full blockade is reached and the WD wont be bad at all.

I know you didn't ask but you should really try letting the naltrexone do its work for a few months, I'm three months in with the shots and I feel so much better, even the problems I though I had before my using have gone away (depression, social anxiety). Blocking opiate receptors has amazing benefits on your brain, it actually erases addiction and can be used on other addictions like alcohol, gambling, bulimia etc...

Give it a try for just a few months, I'm telling you this because after I tried it my biggest regret was not doing this years ago. The desire to use will be easily manageable after the first month and after that you will steadily feel better and better.

Last edited:
Give it a try for just a few months, I'm telling you this because after I tried it my biggest regret was not doing this years ago. The desire to use will be easily manageable after the first month and after that you will steadily feel better and better.

Cheers for the responses.

Yeah I've actually had the implants for over a year now (with top ups). So theyre still active. I shot almost a gram of good H a few weeks back, felt the taste, a tingle in the back of my neck and that was it... The guy i was with had less than a quarter of what I had and he was nodding, so I know there's still a decent amount of naltrexone in the blood...

Any more info/experiences would be appreciated.

I have a plan to get onto a Norspan patch (buprenorphine released at 20mcg/hr) and come down slowly off that.. Hopefully I wont be greedy and shoot those too (and yes, you can shoot the patches quite easily and very clean which i have made a post about if anyone is interested in reading it)

Cheers

dont mean to sound like an arsehole but you just shouldnt have got the implant. the rapid detox is dangerous, a complete rip off and everyone i know has tried to bypass it. plus im suprised you even get anything half decent off wacking the suboxone. the naloxone doesnt block the effects when taken sublinguily but its active when IV'd and blocks the majority of the effects, not to mention you have the implant as well.

^ It just blocks the immediate effects, making it almost pointless to IV it over sublingual administration.

At a high enough dose, buprenorphine will bind better then naltrexone to the receptors which can make it dangerous to OD on.

^ It just blocks the immediate effects, making it almost pointless to IV it over sublingual administration.

At a high enough dose, buprenorphine will bind better then naltrexone to the receptors which can make it dangerous to OD on.

Firstly, if I didnt get the implant, I wouldve been spending hundreds of dollars a day doing heroin. So out of a year being clean, a few weeks doing subs at around *** a pop isnt even a comparison.

The naloxone will cause precipitated withdrawals in people who have been taking full opiate agonists and try to shoot it. Yes.. That doesn't really apply here just as Mr Blonde says - it binds better to the Mu/opiate receptors.
However - IV in comparison to sublingual?? No no..... Bioavailabilty comes into it... From memory, sublingual is around 45% whereas shooting it gets nearly all of it in, and a lot quicker. People who have done this would know this, and I've tried both ways. Can't feel a thing if i do it sublingual.

I don't want to sound like a asshole either but now im in a crappy mood because over the last 2 days took way too much and went through/am going through strange withdrawals due to the agonist effects of bupe...

Got too greedy and had too much.. Am going to stay off it as long as i can til effects subside.

It's strange though, it's nothing like heroin/oxy withdrawals.. About 5 mins after shooting a pill (Fourth 8mg sub that day - ceiling effect = idiot..) I started shaking quite heavily and sweating but was very cold even though it was a warm night..

That was early this morning at about 1am, now all day i've felt fairly uncomfortable but not 'sick'. Can still get about and do the things I need to do but with some discomfort and I just keep sweating..

Now I'm considering taking a small chunk (~2mg) sublingual to stop the withdrawal side of things but still think I should leave it all together.

Last edited:
^ Whoa, calm down there... I wasn't even replying to your post in that one I made, I was commenting on what enlightened1 said.

The BA may be better, but the lack of immediate effect still has many avoiding the suboxone and trying to get subutex instead.

It's BA as a sublingual tablet is relatively low, yes.

I don't even know why you are talking about precipitated WD?

ETA: It looks as though no one who has done what you are doing has posted yet really... so unless they do, you may want to try Other Drugs.

Na I was gonna say, I didnt mean to sound harsh hey.. and didnt mean to quote you either... Sorry!

But yes, withdrawals I have... frustrating.. Alsi I know i've got a script for valium somewhere but cant find the damn thing anywhere!!

ARHH

Just realised through a search that it may be seroquel in combination with too much bupe that may be making me all sweaty and not so much withdrawals themselves.

^ Possibly... antipsychotics plus WD were really shit in my experience. :\

I had to go to Melbourne for a while for music stuff so I took 2 tabs with me (which lasted only a day) but luckily had a script for norspan to tie me over for another 9 hours til I'm back in old Perthtown where I've got several 8mg octagons just waiting to be micron filtered and slammed... Cannot wait. Plus this little break has forced my tolerance down so it looks like everybody's kicked a goal.

Who stole my valium Rx?

Bupe has a higher binding affinity than naloxone at the least, which is why you can bang it and get high. Even if it can't overpower naltrexone, you won't get WD, you'll just get no effect. But remember, bupe sublingually has about 30% bioavailability, so if you're banging it, just bang a third or so.

Bupe has a higher binding affinity than naloxone at the least, which is why you can bang it and get high. Even if it can't overpower naltrexone, you won't get WD, you'll just get no effect. But remember, bupe sublingually has about 30% bioavailability, so if you're banging it, just bang a third or so.

I cannot take only a third sir! Alas, my tolerance is inhumanly high.. I'll be banging 2 8's or at least an 8 1/2

And yes - buprenorphine has an extremely high binding affinity at the mu receptor, higher than naloxone and naltrexone. Just banged 2.. I was looking forward to it so much..
I needed to poop real bad after I got off the plane and was like.. 2cm dilated but as soon as I got home I grabbed my rig and smashed those things first. Thenit was poopie time.

Priorities.

Make sure you've got them in order.

Dude, think of your health!

I mean come on!

Injecting drugs is bad, let alone injecting a prescribed medication for people with opiate problems.

Poor life choice bro.

Micron filter man.. 0.2ug which filters out bacteria and therefore all the inactives.. My health is ok.. Getting off the crap though cos regardless - it's still not a good choice.

I dont get these people that have implants and shoot up bupe pills destroying all their veins and start using their bluey.