• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MPT Thread

This is strange, we must all have the "same" 4-ho-mpt going around. I'm curious to see as more reports unfold what we will see...

To any and all who would know, would 4-ho-mpt (freebase) theoretically work if you carefully vaporized it? Or is it impossible to smoke any 4-ho's?

That's a deception, it looked good based on Clear Creme & CaptainAmerica's posts. Guess I shouldn't even ask, but no tolerance involved right? Normal dosage of 4-substituted trypts on the high side, or just normal? I doubt it's completely inactive solely going by the Pihkal report, just very benign perhaps compared to most other 4-substituted tryptamines. CC reported a come-up of nearly an hour, but it's been more than an hour by now since both of you dosed, something should've happened at least, really nothing mentionable to report by now?

No nothing notable I've been smoking hash all night and havent really experienced much. Any intoxication I feel is definitely because of the hash.

Captain, are you as confused as I am? Being called out as placebo is one thing, but I feel you know what Im talking about, and how it was something i would call active for sure... (BTW no tolerance)

No tolerance. Last psychedelic use was 1 hit lsd on new years.

I am still stimulated, I usually fall asleep by midnight and it is now 2:30. I can see why the stimulation "lingers" from this drug. Its psychedelic effects wear off long before the wakefulness wears off.

The trip was very enjoyable. I had lots of pleasant bodily energy. I felt more open to talk about things with others, more so than mushrooms or 4-aco-dmt/det/met.

Being this is such a novel compound, I feel inspired to write a detailed trip report. It was a crazy night so that will help with making a good story!

No tolerance on my part either guys. 30 mg IM does not lie. I also tried 20 mg orally about a half hour ago just to entertain the idea since I had nothing to lose. Nothing. Fuck, here I go with another 20 mg down the hatch. Sorry. PLACEBO and EXPECTANCY BIAS! The mind fills in the rest! Placebo is very real. Don't be too embarrassed. Just note that I was the first to call bullshit. Heh heh.

Last edited:
Cream,

I am. I clearly felt a psychedelic drug in my mind. The laughter, giggles, definate CEV's, and moderate OEV's like movement, a little buzzy vision.

My pupils were large and, of interesting note, it was hard to get an erection. Most tryptamines do that to me besides the 5-meo's, which gives me more reason to believe this has definate activity.

psood0nym and merrskis, do you either of you have a tolerance?

Or maybe this drug is so crazy selective that only certain people feel its effects. Imagine! :O haha

Yeah I don't really know whats up or what to think of it, I feel the slight energy you guys are talking about but I dont know if its placebo or if its the compound. I have no tolerance right now to speak of either, I hopefully will have more positive results with the dpt sample I'll be receiving this week. *snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
Cream,

I am. I clearly felt a psychedelic drug in my mind. The laughter, giggles, definate CEV's, and moderate OEV's like movement, a little buzzy vision.

My pupils were large and, of interesting note, it was hard to get an erection. Most tryptamines do that to me besides the 5-meo's, which gives me more reason to believe this has definate activity.

psood0nym and merrskis, do you either of you have a tolerance?

Or maybe this drug is so crazy selective that only certain people feel its effects. Imagine! :O haha
haha thats funny you say that my pupils are barely dialated and I just had sex with my girlfriend and it was awesome

no tolerance on my part either guys. 30 mg im does not lie. I also tried 20 mg orally about a half hour ago just to entertain the idea since i had nothing to lose. Nothing. Sorry. Placebo and expectancy bias! The mind fills in the rest! Placebo is very real. Don't be too embarrassed. Just note that i was the first to call bullshit. Heh heh.

qft

psood, please do not force your opinion on me. I am trying to be open minded. You are putting false definitions as to how I describe the chemicals properties. I am agreeing with Captain here. As much as you think it is inactive, I think it is active. I am not you. And I know how I felt.

Great read, this thread.

It would be great if it could somehow be verified that the same source was involved with all of this.

So far its divided, 2v2.

Wanna ask everyone, psood, mers, creme. When do you usually go to bed by? Would it have been earlier than the time now?

We're really gonna have to wait till more reports come in. I will sampling this again this weekend, maybe 15mg or so. Hopefully more will appear in the mean time...

I have insomnia as it is so bed time is a bad thing to judge, but its only midnight here so Id have another few hours till Id be asleep usually.

Last edited:
Yes, I would normally be in bed by now. I'm only up because I'm fascinated by the psychological/sociological phenomena on display (and naturally the egotistical thrill that I'm not part of it). Even if the stimulation is owed to the intrinsic properties of the chemical (which is most definitely from the same source, as I can confirm, for example, that they also sell 4-AcO-DMT and they canceled their DOC due to synthesis problems) it is not psychedelically active.

Yes, I would normally be in bed by now. I'm only up because I'm fascinated by the psychological/sociological phenomena on display (and naturally the egotistical thrill that I'm not part of it). Even if the stimulation is owed to the intrinsic properties of the chemical (which is most definitely from the same source, as I can confirm, for example, that they also sell 4-AcO-DMT and they canceled their DOC due to synthesis problems) it is not psychedelically active.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic.. But are you saying you experienced some effects, but nothing psychedelic in nature? or that it was simply inactive all together, i.e. you take 30mg IM, and notice no change in perception, feeling, mood whatsoever?

We clearly have gotten it from the same vendor btw.

I'm going to bed now, sleep is finally kicking in.

Look forward to reading this post tomorrow as I bet a few more reports will have popped up.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic.. But are you saying you experienced some effects, but nothing psychedelic in nature? or that it was simply inactive all together, i.e. you take 30mg IM, and notice no change in perception, feeling, mood whatsoever?

We clearly have gotten it from the same vendor btw.

I'm going to bed now, sleep is finally kicking in.

Look forward to reading this post tomorrow as I bet a few more reports will have popped up.

I think hes pissed off he paid for some because I believe he said he had 100mg, I got a free 50mg sample and happy I didn't pay for it or I would be surely let down.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm not pissed off that I lost $35 dollars. It was worth this thread. Whatever effects I experienced were psychological extrapolations from my memory of other active compounds.

Not many other explanations other than placebo than.

Certainly no shame in it being placebo. It's an interesting difference between the opioid freaks and the psyhedelia freaks. As a junky the placebo effect is embraced with open arms. Not so much with psychedelics.
People, naturally, get very defensive when it is suggested that their 'trip' was self induced. And why not, it is that certainty that you had a real experience, brought on by a active compound, that allowed the placebo effect to work it's magic in the first place. Or not if it turns out there is some other explanation which is always a possibility.
Only way to really prove it to yourself would be to try again a few days later at an even higher dose. With it's activity in question and out in the open I'd be surprised if you could then chalk it up to placebo.

Last edited:
After reading this i felt obliged to sign up. I also received a sample of this compound with my last purchase from said vendor. I have too much work to do so i can't really comment on it yet, i'm hoping by the weekend. I don't see how 2 peoples research proves worth while yet another 2 are writing it off as placebo. Now i'm even more interested.