• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam for opiate withdrawal

doppelganga196

Bluelighter
Anybody used this benzo to help them through withdrawal?

I've been trying to get off morphine, codeine & opium for ages now but whenever i get to about 48 hours the agitation is unbearable not to mention complete lack of appetite & insomnia.

I hear small doses can get you through the worst of it so you can resist the temptations to use.

I hear even 5 mg can help with heroin wd so i guess thats the lesser of two evils.

Can anybody tell me how well this works?

It helps with insomnia and RLS.

I find that it doesn't help with temptation, instead it gives me a case of the "f--- it's" and I end up getting some opiates.

It's good if you are out of sources, and/or dead set on kicking the opiates.

It's nice, but you have to take higher doses than 5mg to forget any significant withdrawals.

You are still in withdrawal from opiates if on diazepam, you are just so monged (on say 30mg and up) that you are distracted.

Some of the symptoms are treated too, such as restless legs, insomnia, anxiety and (a bit) the urge to do more drugs!

I would recommend it for withdrawals, but certainly in higher doses than 5mg if you're used to taking a lot of morphine; horrible withdrawals, i have been through them myself.

Of course, be aware that diazepam is as addictive (or moreso) to some people than opiates, so dont take it for longer than a week to help withdrawals.

Good luck and that

^^Agreed, you're probably going to need more than 5mg, but it certainly will help with the insomnia and anxiety. Just be careful with swapping one addiction (opiates) for another (benzos).

The only thing thats ever helped me get through withdrawls was amitriptyline, mainly because it knocked me the f out and it allowed me to at least get some good sleep...but I really think if you don't slowly wean off the opiates it's going to suck hardcore no matter what you do...mental addiction and the desire to do the drug can be just as bad as the physical effects can be.

have you ever tripped on shrooms or acid, and smoked weed on the comedown? most people can smoke endlessly for some reason coming down from a trip, and thats how i find other drugs effect me while kicking. Itll help, but not all that much and youll need a lot more of it than normal.

First, benzos are physically addictive and the withdrawals can actually kill you (unlike opiate/opioid withdrawal).

With that in mind...Personally I did find benefit. I used dihydrocodeine, promethazine (more for its potentiating of de-methylation, the conversion into morphine than for its antihistamine properties though that's a great help) and diazepam (Valium) in a once daily regimen to withdraw off of a 5 gramme a day heroin habit (and that was in Cambodia so the heroin was extremely pure ). The regimen worked perfectly and I only needed to dose once every 18 hours. However, another warning: Combining benzos with opiates/opioids is extremely dangerous, all the more so with a high dosage of promethazine. Always be extremely careful combining any substances but ESPECIALLY benzos and opiates/opioids.

You should definitely try and taper your usage down over a period time using the weaker opioids like codeine or DHC. I would imagine you could make the withdrawals relatively minor if you taper down slowly andjump off at a very small dose. Then, you could use the diazapam once you are completely jumped off to help with the insomnia, muscle aches, rls, anxiety, etc. The only thing it won't address is the cravings for opiates. Also, benzos are physically addictive and the withdrawal from a heavy habit can give you seizures and potentially be lethal. Please do not develop another habit. Believe me, you do not want to go through the hell of benzo withdrawal.

First, benzos are physically addictive and the withdrawals can actually kill you (unlike opiate/opioid withdrawal).

With that in mind...Personally I did find benefit. I used dihydrocodeine, promethazine (more for its potentiating of de-methylation, the conversion into morphine than for its antihistamine properties though that's a great help) and diazepam (Valium) in a once daily regimen to withdraw off of a 5 gramme a day heroin habit (and that was in Cambodia so the heroin was extremely pure ). The regimen worked perfectly and I only needed to dose once every 18 hours. However, another warning: Combining benzos with opiates/opioids is extremely dangerous, all the more so with a high dosage of promethazine. Always be extremely careful combining any substances but ESPECIALLY benzos and opiates/opioids.

Thanks man.

Also if Captain Heroin is knockin about & finds this thread i'd appreciate some thoughts from you as i recall u saying u once used diazepam to get through heroin wd, which i'm sure is worse than oral morphine/codeine/opium wd but it's similar i'm sure. Thanks again.

all i meant is that while kicking, other drugs like weed or benzos wont effect you nearly as much as normal.

Like if im well, 1mg of xanax is enough, but kicking i could take 3mg and sometimes not have it feel as strong as the normal 1mg.

Ive Found that If i crush a 1mg Xanax and 2-3mg of K pin mixed together and snort it, it helps with opiate withdrawals... its not going to feel good and its a nasty drip but the Xanax helps with Immediate Relief and the K pins have a Half-life in your system of over 24 hours so it will work as an all day relief. I used this the first time i was going through withdrawals and it worked great, Unfortunately now since Ive been taking benzo's and Opiates (Together and Separately) i found that my Tolerance is too High to Even consider using this as Withdraw Help because its too Dangerous.
I am also to understand that Opiates and Benzo's have a Cross Tolerance so you may need more Benzo's if you take more Opiates.. However that's just Talk no actual research that Ive found has shown that (Granted i didn't look very hard :) )

well to tell you the truth it doesn't help nearly enough and you would end up trading one addiction for another what i suggest is you look up a good addiction specializing doctor in your area and ask if they can prescribe subutex which is completely safe to take even 24 hours after you last fix and maybe ask for 2 weeks worth of xanax i'd say for a non benzo user .5mg 2 to 3 times a day and if you have some tolerance to benzos than 1 mg 3xdaily