The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Norco and Refills

thagirl814

Greenlighter
Hello my first post here so be gentle :)

I been taking hydro for years but generally the Dr will prescribe 30 sometimes 60 and have never really had a problem with refilling...I was using a mom and pop pharmacy for many years but switched to Walgreens a while back.

I moved recently and have new Dr who was prescribing 90 and now wrote for 100 tabs..ok so my questions

I was prescribed Norco 325/10mg 4 to 6 prn for pain (100) tabs end of Dec 2010 I think it was maybe the on the 29th or 30th...I went to Dr today I didn't tell him I was out of my med but he refilled as I won't go back for 30 days..He made sure to say make sure you don't try and get this refilled early because Walgreens will flag this or some shit..I was a bit freaked and not paying enough attention...Since that time I have searched the forums and have read all types of stuff about Walgreens and getting scripts filled 2 to 5 days "early"

So what is "early"? When is this script legitimately considered empty or done (if that make sense)...I have insurance and am using it to fill this script.

I have considred taking it to a mom and pop and not use my insurance or maybe CVS (but I have been to them in the city i lived in last year and not sure they won't still have me in their system and say hey didn't you have insurance--course I have diff insurance now)....OK I know I sound confused because I am and I really wanna get my script filled lmao.....Help ;)

Last edited:
At Walgreens I think your allowed to get it filled 4 or so days before the date. But that is just with my amphetamine salt. You could be in a different situation with narcotics, I dunno. So take some other comments in consideration because I don't want you going in 4 days early, getting flagged and then blaming me.

my mom is prescribed 100 norcos a month and her doctor doesnt give her a specific date. sometimes they only last her 2 weeks, and sometimes they last her over a month. the amount she takes depends on her daily level of pain and her doctor understands that. though from the sound of it not every pain doc is like this.

At Walgreens I think your allowed to get it filled 4 or so days before the date. But that is just with my amphetamine salt. You could be in a different situation with narcotics, I dunno. So take some other comments in consideration because I don't want you going in 4 days early, getting flagged and then blaming me.

ty for answering have a question when you say taking it in 4 days early ...by early do you mean like my script should last a month so 30 days from the date it was filled so anything prior to 30 days is "early" ...I know I sound dense but I'm truly unclear on how long a script such as mine should last...if it was 30 pills one a day I would be clear but as needed (prn) has me stumped....generally I am not done this often with my script and have never really worried about taking in my script but the Dr's comment about don't take it in too early kind of freaked me out...and then after reading about pharmacies flagging ppl or labeling them as abusers ...well that didn't help.

my mom is prescribed 100 norcos a month and her doctor doesnt give her a specific date. sometimes they only last her 2 weeks, and sometimes they last her over a month. the amount she takes depends on her daily level of pain and her doctor understands that. though from the sound of it not every pain doc is like this.

ty and yes this has been true for me I have taking them for years but lately having issues with my knees and back and took more than normal.

most ins will pay when u used 75% or someting
they can put in a vacation overide 2
ive gotten em 10 days early
oc 80

^^Yes. Insurance companies are different but it's usually around 75%. I get my C-IV prescription refilled every 26 - 34 days and it's never been a problem. I've had pharmacies tell me I couldn't get it refilled due to it being a controlled substance before the 26 day mark, even though I'm pretty sure its due to my insurance company and not the fact that its C-IV. Norcos are C-III, however, if that makes any difference.

I always thought the DEA basically treated C-III and C-IV the same when it comes to refills.

CVS is a chain pharmacy just like Walgreens.

I don't live in California but I've always had good experiences with CVS pharmacy.

^^Yes. Insurance companies are different but it's usually around 75%. I get my C-IV prescription refilled every 26 - 34 days and it's never been a problem. I've had pharmacies tell me I couldn't get it refilled due to it being a controlled substance before the 26 day mark, even though I'm pretty sure its due to my insurance company and not the fact that its C-IV. Norcos are C-III, however, if that makes any difference.

I always thought the DEA basically treated C-III and C-IV the same when it comes to refills.

Your allowed more refills with C-IV substances

I get 30 vicos twice a month and always order at least three days before the 15 days are up. meaning if you have the script to last 15 days you can order on the 12th day, since it takes my doc a day to approve it and another two days so its ready at the pharmacy for pick up. That way you order ahead of time so you dont run out and no meds for a few days

Also, I heard that on narcotics you usually get two refills with out having to request a new one from the doctor. By any chance does the insurance you have provide on in house pharmacy? I have Kaiser and its all done in house. I just send the request on line, they email the doc ans she fills it for me.