Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM & Lorazepam or Lyrica?

delphinen

Bluelighter
Hi
Yesterday I tought it was gonna be a common day after work, but found for myself 600mg of pure DXM syrup.
After work I did take the 600mg and started playing Demon's Souls on my PS3. I turn around on my bed and found a huge box of 2,5mg Lorazepam pills. Excellent.
I take three pills and after and hour a friend came shipping something I forgot I bought, a box of 75mgx14 Lyrica.
Well, I proceed to take the half of the box (like 320mg Lyrica or something) and do some more Lorazepams.
I start tripping a second plateau very well, all going ok all along, and after some hours, I watch a movie in order to sleep. THEN suddenly, I close my eyes and lots of "Cool Spoots" like, from seven up, start rolling around my black background coming to me with a fidelity of 0.000000001 pixels, it was amazing. So I turn off the TV and start rolling some more Lorazepam and Lyrica while tripping with very wildly CEVs, like yellow buses "simpsons" like going around some town or suddenly playing some like of FPS.
In the end I sleep very well, and came to work with the help of 800mg of Modafinil :p

My question is: from now on, should I mix DXM with Lorazpeam OR mix DXM with Lyrica? I mean, what made that super CEVs appear after the beginning of the afterglow of the trip?

Thanks in advance

High doses of benzos with NMDA-antagonist seem to diminish ones ability to remember the experience and reduce visuals. I personally would assume that lyrica would do something similar, or even weaken the effects of the DXM. DXM is a non-competitive antagonist at the NMDAr, which needs glutamate to agonize it's (glutamate's) receptor on the ion channel, for the antagonism of DXM to produce effects. Lyrica decreases the amount of glutamate due to the increase Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase (enzymes which metabolizes glutamate), and the once glutamate is now GABA. So assuming that the lyrica decreases the glutamate population enough with in the synapses, the effects of DXM will decrease. Also, combining lyrica with benzos will increase the effects of the benzos due to the increased amount of GABA. Benzos need GABA for their effects to take place, as they are modulators of gaba. The use of benzos in combo with NMDA-antagonists is seen in the medical community to help prevent the "side effects"/recreational effects because of the increase amnesiac effect. So, I'd personally wouldn't combine the DXM with either one.

I've done DXM+benzos and DXM+Lyrica many times actually.

I have never used DXM with lorazepam in particular. DXM with clonazepam didn't significantly increase closed-eye visuals, but DXM with temazepam did increase closed-eye visuals. Temazepam is considered a primarily "hypnotic" benzo, which may be the cause for the difference. I don't remember combining DXM with any benzos other than those two.

Now, DXM and Lyrica together on the other hand... *happy sigh* =D

Haha, let me back up for a second--high doses of Lyrica alone can cause mental movies, impressions, etc.... that sort of closed-eye visuals.

DXM+Lyrica together has produced some verrrry blissful states for me, as well as some very interesting open- and closed-eye visual phenomena.

So yeah, either one could have been the contributing factor, or it could have been both. My hunch is that the Lyrica was the culprit however.

I propose that on your next experiment you combine your DXM with just one of the two other substances, and then on the experiment after that you combine with the other one. Then report back and let us know how the two compare. :)