• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids new oxycontin 224 gel up problem

Yeah man, this is about Harm Reduction, not what you've done and gotten away with.
Maybe I've stuck my dick in a diseased prostitute (I haven't) and gotten away without a medical problem as far as I can tell, that doesn't mean I would ever advocate it.

not to derail... but are you guys sure the Opana IR's haven't gone generic? I picked up a new script after a couple months off because I was trying bupe as my main PM agent, but these seem different than before somehow. Maybe Endo changed them....?

well... i am sure that the OP was using a cotton and spoon to IV these in the first place. Im also sure the OP knows the risks associated with his/her behaviors. I was merely suggesting using a cap instead of a spoon to mix the pill in.

I am not telling the OP to do anything with a diseased prostitute. Talk about overreacting... I wasn't insisting that there was no danger in my method, just minimal. Not anymore than what the OP was doing anyways.

And, on a side note, the only micron filters I was able to find available for purchase online were 2.99 each. That's too expensive for me. Do any of you guys know where to purchase them at a reasonable price? I am not disagreeing with you guys that it is safer to use micron filters, but if the OP, or anyone else lurking this thread cannot readily access them, i was sharing the technique that I use and my results from them. Any IV'er should know that there is ample risk in the technique I posted and the techniques they were using prior.

And really. I am not telling the OP to use spit from a diseased prostitute. You are most likely going to catch whatever said "disease" is. and mulvolution you dont need to post a summary of the post before yours. I get the point and I also wasnt saying that my logic could be used in 'x' situation. i was just stating there wasnt anymore risk then using cotton/spoon anyways.

No need to flame me, or get your panties in a wad. Most people won't/don't have access to micron filters anyways....

Yes, I am aware that you CAN iv roxies with cotton, and have done it myself. Sure, you could do it and get away with it but over time all of the impurities and fillers like talc and shit can build up in your veins, lungs, etc..

Not that this matters much, but talc is only in oxycontins, not roxicodone.

Don't believe me?

The 15 and 30 mg tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose; sodium starch glycolate; corn starch; lactose; stearic acid; D&C Yellow No. 10 (15 mg tablet); and FD&C Blue No. 2 (15 mg and 30 mg tablets).

Source: http://www.rxlist.com/roxicodone-drug.htm

Alot of those ingredients are insoluble in water anyways. And while, yes, prolonged usage with cottons does have some dangers, using my method once or a few times is virtually harmless and nothing to "cringe" about.

I wasn't insisting that there was no danger in my method, just minimal.

Minimal risk is achieved using micron filters and sterile technique.

What we're trying to clear up here is that you essentially said micron filters are a luxury and if you use cottons properly it's fine--and that is factually incorrect.

You don't know how much damage your internal organs have sustained from not filtering out harmful binders and you don't know just how much talc has collected in your lungs. All you know is that you happen to not have died from it yet. I would hope you would agree that that is not a strong basis to say an unsafe practice is 'fine.'

Limesmoke said:
No need to flame me, or get your panties in a wad. Most people won't/don't have access to micron filters anyways....

Anyone who has access to the internet has access to micron filters and other harm reduction supplies.

Not that this matters much, but talc is only in oxycontins, not roxicodone.

Inactive ingredients depend on the specific tablet and manufacturer (and microcrystalline cellulose is just as bad, anyway.)

Since dokomo pretty much nailed this, I don't have much to add, just a couple notes...

I am not telling the OP to do anything with a diseased prostitute. Talk about overreacting... I wasn't insisting that there was no danger in my method, just minimal. Not anymore than what the OP was doing anyways.

Are you familiar with hyperbole? I wasn't saying you were advocating using diseased whore spit in place of water but instead demonstrating the flaw in your logic. You argued that cottons work and I was simply applying that logic to a more extreme situation...

AKA just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. dokomo succinctly demonstrated why you shouldn't.

No need to flame me, or get your panties in a wad.

No flame involved... I don't think I personally attacked you at all. I was addressing your claims from a harm reduction perspective.

Lastly, don't you DARE tell me what to do with my panties. I'm a grown man. Its MY decision.

And, on a side note, the only micron filters I was able to find available for purchase online were 2.99 each. That's too expensive for me. Do any of you guys know where to purchase them at a reasonable price?

I love how you guys just ranted on about more of the same stuff and didnt bother to answer, or just completely missed this question that was in my last post.

youre not really making any different of a point than what i've initially replied to, but didnt even bother to tell me HOW to get these filters.

I love how you guys just ranted on about more of the same stuff and didnt bother to answer, or just completely missed this question that was in my last post.

youre not really making any different of a point than what i've initially replied to, but didnt even bother to tell me HOW to get these filters.

Have you "even bothered" to read the IV Mega-thread or the Micron Filter Mega-thread linked both in the directory and every post I've made in this thread? Sources are listed in both places 8)

$2.99 is a very reasonable price for them, as it happens. I don't know if you're thinking that you need to use one filter per pill or something, but I'd suggest you read those threads and educate yourself a bit instead of whining.

Last edited:
^come on, man, don't be a dick. Just find all the relevant information she needs for her, find reasonably priced filters for her and then filter her shots for her.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

IV help.

Hi. Long time listener, first time caller.

I just came across the 224 roxys for the first time today. I was put off by the sheer size and thought for sure that I was not going to be able to shoot them. Turns out all it takes is is some room temp. water; a mixing instrument like a spoon, a cotton and a rig. Because of all the extra powder I used quite a bit more water than usual as well. I smashed the pill up using a dollar bill and a hammer. Put the fine powder into my spoon. but a ton of the water in the powder and mixed it up. dropped my cotton and sucked it up. It hit like normal and left a shitload of residue behind that I suspect I could do the process again and have a little drug left over. Do not apply heat cuz it will make it gel worse.

shudder...I used to always use dollar bills to crush pills. So dirty. then I bought a pack of playing cards and just folded them in half--much less sticks to the cards. then I learned to heat the entire pill in water so that it breaks down effortlessly with the orange end of a diabetic needle, but that's probably not proper harm reduction.

Hi. Long time listener, first time caller.

I just came across the 224 roxys for the first time today. I was put off by the sheer size and thought for sure that I was not going to be able to shoot them. Turns out all it takes is is some room temp. water; a mixing instrument like a spoon, a cotton and a rig. Because of all the extra powder I used quite a bit more water than usual as well. I smashed the pill up using a dollar bill and a hammer. Put the fine powder into my spoon. but a ton of the water in the powder and mixed it up. dropped my cotton and sucked it up. It hit like normal and left a shitload of residue behind that I suspect I could do the process again and have a little drug left over. Do not apply heat cuz it will make it gel worse.

Maybe a OT but is this new tamperproof formula about to hit all countries? I get my OxyContins as the regular version which does not gel up when crushed. So I just chew them up and digest them when I use them recreationally. Does the gelling slow the absorbtion when used orally? Also what is the bioavailability for oxycodone orally, snorted, plugged and injected? Onset seems much faster when I received it on hospital im and iv depending on nurse. I also started to notice when their shifts changed so I asked the first nurse to give something for the pain and then another after few minutes and most of the time they did not check if the first one had injected something into me :)

I also had my friend who is a nurse to reprogram pain control pump to allow bigger dosages when I had to stay for longer period because of my back surgery :) it was a great week but I never had injected pills before as I am paranoid about getting something bad to happen like getting unactive ingredients to my bloodstream and in the worse case getting my arm amputated or being dead.

No way.... instant release oxycodone pills that gel up?!?!

What has this world come to?!

If they make Opana IR pills gel I will go crazy.

I dont wanna use cotton. I got roxys and cash today. I cant order online. Where could i go locally to get microns? Pharmacy? Medical shops? please help thx

There isn't anywhere you can readily get them locally :(

Hospitals, laboratories, etc all have and use them for various purposes but they're not for sale at any of these locations. Just order some microns, wait, and then safely enjoy your opioid bliss, rather than just using cotton (or worse.)

so u are cool with risking your life over 2.99 .....really. but no you go beyond that you go on a harm reduction site and tell ppl that ure unsafe methods are A-ok. god ppl like you trip me out.

U gotta love ppl like this, don't even read the original post, or maybe have no idea what a 224 is, and give a full page explanation on how they shoot up. Its like yeah we already know that part! then he asks, "Wait are they blue or white roxys?"

How I IV my Roxi's:

The 15mgs & 30mg roxis (which is what you have) gel up a little bit in water but they are still very much IVable. Crush the pills on a piece of paper (dont do more than 2-3 at a time, and add in 30-40 units for each pill, expect an output of 15-25u for each pill at this rate because the gel in the filler holds in the water.

Funnel into a chapstick cap and put in HOT (but not much hotter than what you can touch) water. Stir with the cap of the needle, and/or shake vigorously with your thumb over the cap. Drop cotton in, (or micron filter) and filter as normal from the cap. Once most of the moisture has been accumulated, rub the cotton around in the gel, getting as much excess liquid from the left over residue as possible on the cotton and then draw it.

if there is still alot of residue on the sides you can take another rig and add more water into the cap and stir in the residue with the water.

lemme know if this helps.

If your pill has an 'OP' on it instead of OC and its one of Purdue's new OP oxycontins then you shouldnt have even gotten as far as you have in your OP.

The 15s are harder to IV than the 30s but they both work.

This is what i was quoting.