• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids new oxycontin 224 gel up problem

myclamshell

Greenlighter
the new 224 oxycontin's gel up once you add water, i tried cooking it, since that usually liquifies it right up, but in this case it just made it worse... can anyone tell me how to set up the 224's for IVing without it gelling up? or if there's a way to fix what i already have in gel form?
i would really appreciate anyone with experience trying to IV these 224's to give me any kind of feedback

Are they roxy or oxycontin generics

roxicontin

Im not sure about your question since I don't IV, but I would imagine they gel because they are so much bigger than a normal roxicontin pills, so they must have alot more inactive ingredient fillers in them. Probably an abuse-reducing tactic:p.

btw:: couldn't you just like, eat the gel?

thats my $.02

I've shoot those many times with no problem.s although there is more sludge left bc how big they are there wasnt really a problem tho no sludge I'd if mybe the company JUST came out sub new anti abuse ones? I dnt think so

The 224's do gel up, however it is still possible. Be sure to crush it up real fine before adding the water. Also do not use heat it will only make it gel

Crush very finely, don't heat ever, and draw up relatively quickly.

This might be off-topic, but are these pills still OK for snorting? How bad is this gel exactly?

This will be the last nail in the coffin, so to speak. I was telling someone just the other day about the new Opana formula that should be hitting shelves soon. "The roxies are IR, though, so they can't touch those!" Yeah, well, I guess they can...

This might be off-topic, but are these pills still OK for snorting? How bad is this gel exactly?

This will be the last nail in the coffin, so to speak. I was telling someone just the other day about the new Opana formula that should be hitting shelves soon. "The roxies are IR, though, so they can't touch those!" Yeah, well, I guess they can...

I've snorted these plenty of times without having it gel up at all in my nose. Opanas on the other hand always gel up, but I've gotten used to it because I believe it is a better high.

What is the new formula of Opana you're speaking of? Care to share a linK?

^Thanks for sharing that article! I think that'll be taken as some good news around these parts.

I particularly enjoyed this quote...

Endo fell 73 cents, or 2 percent, to $35.11 at 4 p.m. New York time in Nasdaq Stock Market composite trading. The shares gained 70 percent in the past 12 months.

I don't know if its the junky in me or my leftist leanings, but learning a pharmaceutical company is bleeding a little usually brings a smile to my face! ...Unless its Eli Lilly. I own stock in that company so their nutjob over-medicating and diabetes-inducing asses' profitability is beneficial for my bottom lime. So... Go Zyprexa Go!

^For sure. Good news indeed. And haha yes, that bit about the stock falling gave me a nice early morning laugh as well.

How I IV my Roxi's:

The 15mgs & 30mg roxis (which is what you have) gel up a little bit in water but they are still very much IVable. Crush the pills on a piece of paper (dont do more than 2-3 at a time, and add in 30-40 units for each pill, expect an output of 15-25u for each pill at this rate because the gel in the filler holds in the water.

Funnel into a chapstick cap and put in HOT (but not much hotter than what you can touch) water. Stir with the cap of the needle, and/or shake vigorously with your thumb over the cap. Drop cotton in, (or micron filter) and filter as normal from the cap. Once most of the moisture has been accumulated, rub the cotton around in the gel, getting as much excess liquid from the left over residue as possible on the cotton and then draw it.

if there is still alot of residue on the sides you can take another rig and add more water into the cap and stir in the residue with the water.

lemme know if this helps.

If your pill has an 'OP' on it instead of OC and its one of Purdue's new OP oxycontins then you shouldnt have even gotten as far as you have in your OP.

The 15s are harder to IV than the 30s but they both work.

Last edited:
^You really need to be micron filtering if you're shooting any pills that gel up at all. Imagine all the insolubles accumulating in your veins, lungs and elsewhere.

^You really need to be micron filtering if you're shooting any pills that gel up at all. Imagine all the insolubles accumulating in your veins, lungs and elsewhere.

That is the truth. And don't "put your thumb over the cap and shake it".. You are just asking to get bacteria or dirt or something in your shot that way..

^thank you for adding that, I missed that part. I was cringing reading that explanation on how to shoot up pills that gel... it seems to focus on expediency over harm reduction.

Well, i have done it plenty of times and never had any problems. just wash ur hands first and, btw i, like most others, cant afford those micron filters.

and they dont necessarily 'gel' like the un-abusable pills that are out there now, but the filler does tend to leave some residue behind.

the roxi's are IVable with cottons... i have used this method over 200 times and never had any problems at all. as long as proper techinique is used, in my opinion, you should be fine.

^
As a former IV dope user myself, I am fully aware of having to make due with what you've got, and sometimes dope sickness overrides the aspect of harm reduction when all you wanna do is get that spike in your arm ASAP. As for micron filters, they aren't insanely expensive, and if you are going to be regularly IVing pills they are pretty much imperative, in my eyes.

Yes, I am aware that you CAN iv roxies with cotton, and have done it myself. Sure, you could do it and get away with it but over time all of the impurities and fillers like talc and shit can build up in your veins, lungs, etc..

All I am trying to do in my posts is advocate harm reduction as much as possible, from an objective point of view. Not necessarily exactly what I have personally done, and gotten away with. ya dig?

Well, i have done it plenty of times and never had any problems. just wash ur hands first

So in your mind the absence of acute, emergent symptoms makes the practice safe? I assume you haven't had full, regular medical workups to determine absolutely no damage is being done and you're not at any risk so I have trouble accepting your premise.

btw i, like most others, cant afford those micron filters.

I don't understand... you can afford drugs, but you can not afford filters? This isn't a financial distinction; its a practical one.

You find a way to obtain clothes (presumably), some form of at least essential nutrition, hydration, drugs, needles, and likely other commodities. You are CHOOSING not to buy filters and instead spend your money elsewhere. You are not cosmically barred from spending your money on micron filters.

If you want to assume unnecessary risks, feel free but please do not encourage others to do so... at least not on a harm reduction message board.

the roxi's are IVable with cottons... i have used this method over 200 times and never had any problems at all. as long as proper techinique is used, in my opinion, you should be fine.

I'm sure the roxi's are "IVable" with spit from a diseased prostitute as well but that doesn't make it a good idea.

In my view, proper technique includes not reusing/sharing needles, micron filtration and sterilizing the site. Just calling something 'proper' doesn't mean its safe or optimal.

Lastly, by your logic I will never get lung cancer because I've smoked thousands of cigarettes in my life and never experienced any problems thus far as a result. Do you not see the glaring flaw in your logic here?

Even if I smoked for 60 years and was still living, does that somehow negate the fact that something like 1 in 3 life-long smokers die as a direct result of their smoking?

I apologize if I came off harsh at all above, but attitudes like your undeniably lead to people rationalizing dangerous behaviors.