Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs and voice loss........

RushingRococco

Bluelighter
Ok - heres a question for u very clued up ppl out there!!
Normally after a big weekend of pilling and what not my voice goes all husky and takes about a day or so to recover.......
Well after the huge week Ive had consuming several different substances - my voice has got worse to the state that im quite raspy and some words cant be heard at all....
Ive also develope this irritating dry cough.......
My voice isnt improving in fact its getting worse, and considering ive just started full time work 2day its not very helpful......
I dont smoke.......... so i know thats not the cause........ but i dont know what it could be........
Any thoughts? what could i do to help it? besides stop talking, coz everyone who knows me, knows that is impossible!
smile.gif

------------------
No act is evil if you do it with a smile!

i find that when im rollin or trippin i tend to talk heaps of random shit to heaps of random ppl. I guess it is only unavoidable that your voice will get hoarse from just...talking so much! theres prolly a better, more scientific explanation for it...as i have seen a friend with a very mild cold at a 21st bday give a speech, then as the night went on his voice deteriorated more and more until he was whispering in my ear by 4am. usually u would think it would take longer to lose your voice rite??

I have this problem too.
I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that i spend most of my nights shuffling through the dancing mass, and screaming...
Who wants some L S D??
wink.gif

(Suck a soothers at about 2-3am, it'll probably taste real nice too)
------------------
When i was asleep, a vampire climbed in through my window and bit me. The worst part was that after, he sat and chatted with me for three hours and then stole all my trance.

i get that when i go out... even straight... so i'd say its just from yelling all the time to be heard over the music.
M

Amphetamines dry out your mucous membranes, thus causing hoarse throats - or after every time i cane it on speed, tonsillitus. This is honestly the worst part of drug use for me.. i can handle the cost, the scatness, the illegality, but fuck i hate getting tonsillitus. :O
Being in smokey, poorly ventilated environments with a heap of people whose immune systems are lower than a 2 dollar hooker's prices and you've got yourself a crackhouse of illness.

SupaspeeD....judging from ur posting i'd say you really need to assess why it is you take drugs....when you can think of that many reasons not to take them then you .....ah screw this i'm too tired to make a legible point.....i'm sorry for wasting everyone's time....it wont happen again.....i'll shut up...................now
smile.gif

Everytime i have a BIG weekend i would get tonsilitis, then get antbiotics, which i would then become immune to. So now i only have little big weekends! and only special occasions. Tonsilitis sux and just takes so long to get over.

BB - eh?
If you mean the "when do you know its time to stop?" thread i started, that last year i think, its been bumped up.
I know the pitfalls of my drug use... so i should stop? maybe it's just late, but that makes no sense at all.

I would take into account that when some people take substances they tend to
A: Talk a lot more
B: Talk a lot louder *wink*
C: Try and compete with music that is designed to burst your eardrums.
Take into account little lady, being awake for days on end going out two nights in a row and taking lotsa stuff is bound to make your voice go all funny. I probably think it's one of many things that are going on inside you, its just that your voice going funny is more apparent than other signs that something is up....
*hugs RRC*
U silly billy.....
wink.gif

Yeah many people get that... Evil Tarsy has a sexy voice, he's often considered taking up a Sunday/Monday phone-sex job... Could make shitloads...
Gargling with Listerine seems to help

what are the symptoms of Tonsilitis ? i had a fairly large weekend 2 weeks ago. on sunday night i developed a sorethroat with a husky voice. it was almost gone on thursday that week, but then i went out that evening. and it came back worse and is still with me now. im starting to think it's more than the common sore throat.... im new to the scene. i know it's common to get sick after a weekend of rolling. but how many of u develope infections etc after a big weekend ?
[This message has been edited by Stars Fall In (edited 13 November 2001).]

Sickness unfortunately becomes a common event when clubbing/raving.
Do a search.. it has been discussed HEAPS.
But don't stress. I doubt you've got the dreaded T.. (although if pain persists, see your doctor.... or drug dealer)
smile.gif

losing your voice is shit hey! i had a big one on sat night at gas, a going away bash fo a friend who moving to london on wednesday and my voice is still fucked, it getin better, but i had 2 write my maccas order on a bit of paper coz she couldnt hear me on sunday night. U just have 2 put up with it and make sure that u have a good enough night that a lil voice probs doesnt worry u too much
smile.gif

SupaspeeD.....i was having an interesting cumdown sorry bout that....you just mentioned a whole lot of downsides to drug taking that seemed to plead a good case for quitting.....the human traffic thing ....when the cumdown out weighs the good times it's time to quit....sorry again....i really shouldn't be allowed near a computer in that state

i find that if pur a tablespoon of honey n the juice of half a big lemon in a mug of boiling water n mix it all together, the day/night after going out, my voice is alot better the next day. I don't know why it works but my mum used to feed it to me all the time when i was sick and it works for me.
peace
rc1n

Originally posted by SupaspeeD:
[QB]Amphetamines dry out your mucous membranes, thus causing hoarse throats - or after every time i cane it on speed, tonsillitus. This is honestly the worst part of drug use for me.. i can handle the cost, the scatness, the illegality, but fuck i hate getting tonsillitus. :eek:
QB]
I hear ya there bud! Thats why I got mine out 4 weeks ago. Can't tell whether its worth it yet, but I haven't had tonsillitus yet (if I did id be a little worried)
Having had it more than 6 times last year I decided that it was time they came out!