• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Yeah, doxylamine is definitely the culprit. 40mg of it is a lot, and is very sedating, and also water soluble.

-> CWE Mega Thread

PS Sorry to hear about your outcome, next time go for the preparation with caffeine; it'll be better than the doxylamine IMO (how much caffeine do they put in each tablet?) - I'm assuming so at least.

I have 12 tablets left and I may perform another cwe on them. Is it safe to take that much doxylamine succinate at once? What is a safe amount of doxylamine succinate to take at once?

Thanks

Yeah it's safe, no doubt. I wouldn't take more than 50mg of it personally. You could easily take more, safely.

Yeah, doxylamine is definitely the culprit. 40mg of it is a lot, and is very sedating, and also water soluble.

-> CWE Mega Thread

PS Sorry to hear about your outcome, next time go for the preparation with caffeine; it'll be better than the doxylamine IMO (how much caffeine do they put in each tablet?) - I'm assuming so at least.

Yeah it's safe, no doubt. I wouldn't take more than 50mg of it personally. You could easily take more, safely.

Yeah, I think next time I try this I'll just get something with caffeine and try to filter it out with a brita filter. More work, but I think would be definitely worth it. The mersyndol didn't have any caffeine.

The past few times I took codeine, it was something called neo-codion (they're sold in Vietnam). They were so nice. No nasty stuff in em like what u buy in Canada. I really wish I brought a few more boxes home with me.

Yeah, I think next time I try this I'll just get something with caffeine and try to filter it out with a brita filter. More work, but I think would be definitely worth it. The mersyndol didn't have any caffeine.

The past few times I took codeine, it was something called neo-codion (they're sold in Vietnam), they were so nice. No nasty stuff in em like what u buy in Canada. I really wish I brought a few more boxes home with me.

Or what you could do is get both caffeine and doxylamine codeine pills, and then you can balance out the stimulant properties w/ the ones w/ doxylamine! %)

You would probably only need 2-3 pills with doxlyamine to even out the rest of the pills with caffeine. =D

Or what you could do is get both caffeine and doxylamine codeine pills, and then you can balance out the stimulant properties w/ the ones w/ doxylamine! %)

You would probably only need 2-3 pills with doxlyamine to even out the rest of the pills with caffeine. =D

Yeah, that is a pretty good idea.

Doximiline (bad spelling) is available OTC here. i'd still advise useing panadene extra, a doxy will incrase the buzz, but 40 mg is a bit heavy:\
if i recall rightly the name of the straight doxy is ""restivit" they 10 or 20 mg i cant recall one of those on top of a decent dose of codeine, will drop ya without makin you pass out and miss teh buzz. but i wouldnt be CWE on tabs htat contain the doxy aswell.. its just too sedating and a waste:\

A better type of filter to use

The main problem I encountered was that some liquid remained in the filter and took way too long to filter through into the 2nd glass. After a while the liquid just came out in little drops. I decided fuckit, and just poured everything that was in the filter, into the 2nd glass (I obviously wouldn't have done this if I used a larger number of tablets). Would using a different type of filter fix this problem? What would be a better type of filter to use?

Jackie,

This is a most frustrating aspect of CWE. One solution is to make gravity work for you rather than against you.

See this post. It was written when I was much newer to such forUms, so there are, unfortunately, a lot of "swim"'s and "swiy"'s. Please ignore them until I have some time to edit the post.

The post describes an alternative to using filters for filtering using what I called an "Open Air Siphon", for lack of a better term. I discovered later that at one time, the method was called "wick filtering"

The basic idea is one that was used thousands of years ago as a (crude by today's standards) method for for water purification.

It takes advantage of capillary action, in some kinds of fibrous threads, that allows liquids to rise (through capillaries) against gravity at the same time that gravity also prevents solids from also rising. The capillaries in the thread(s) draw the liquid upwards through them without the solids also being drawn through them. Because of this, you never have a problem with clogged filters.

Additionally they are sturdy and re-usable many times.

In the original posting, I recommended a particular product, available at CVS, for it's capillary action. Since then, I've found that I have had better results, using strips cut from a thin sheet of chamois, especially for filtering fruit juices! (saying it like that is better than swimming, any day)

Before using any material not originally intended as a filter for filtering, it's a good idea to rinse it well to remove any chemicals (such as release agents, etc) before use.

Last edited:
Jackie,

This is a most frustrating aspect of CWE. One solution is to make gravity work for you rather than against you.

See this post. It was written when I was much newer to such forUms, so there are, unfortunately, a lot of "swim"'s and "swiy"'s. Please ignore them until I have some time to edit the post.

The post describes an alternative to using filters for filtering using what I called an "Open Air Siphon", for lack of a better term. I discovered later that at one time, the method was called "wick filtering"

The basic idea is one that was used thousands of years ago as a (crude by today's standards) method for for water purification.

It takes advantage of capillary action, in some kinds of fibrous threads, that allows liquids to rise (through capillaries) against gravity at the same time that gravity also prevents solids from also rising. The capillaries in the thread(s) draw the liquid upwards through them without the solids also being drawn through them. Because of this, you never have a problem with clogged filters.

Additionally they are sturdy and re-usable many times.

In the original posting, I recommended a particular product, available at CVS, for it's capillary action. Since then, I've found that I have had better results, using strips cut from a thin sheet of chamois, especially for filtering fruit juices! (saying it like that is better than swimming, any day)

Before using any material not originally intended as a filter for filtering, it's a good idea to rinse it well to remove any chemicals (such as release agents, etc) before use.

You're allowed to link to harm reduction supplies, so if you want to recommend specific products that would be fine! I know chamois originally referred to the actual leather product but the name is now often used by synthetic products. Which did you have success with?

tylenol 3s cwe

Sorry guys I'm on my phone so I can't find the cwe thread easily can anyone tell me how much water I need to extract 12 30/300 tylenol 3s? Is a water bottle too much I just don't want all this tylenol going in the water and defeat the whole extraction purpose but don't want to use too little and not get all of the codeine out I forget the exact numbers

A water bottle is way too much. For 12 pills you should only use at most two oz of water (60ml) and ideally you should use less.

use 25mL of water. 50 is fine too just don't go over 100mL. 100mL kept in the fridge has about a gram of disolved Tylenol.

Yeah, I don't know about anyone else, but even if 500 ml was a safe amount of water, I'd vomit from the taste long before I was able to finish the bottle.

Yeah, I don't know about anyone else, but even if 500 ml was a safe amount of water, I'd vomit from the taste long before I was able to finish the bottle.

Definitely don't ever make poppy pod tea or PEA tea.(phenethylamine+caffeine), if you think a CWE tastes bad. I accidentally used a cloth with dry laundry detergent in it to filter my CWE one time and it didn't taste as bad as the above two examples. 8o

Specific question about CWE

Sorry if this belongs in an existing thread, but I have a specific question about this that I need answered asap.

I'm doing a CWE on 8 percocets, 5/325 I believe. (there's a score on one side and 512 on the other)

I already "powderized" them and put them in water, in a water bottle. The question is, do I have enough water? I put a little more than a half cup (100 mL) of water, definitely less than 3/4ths (150 mL).

In addition, if my water volume is on the low side, does that mean I should do anything differently when I filter it? Like use a tighter or looser filter? I know how to do a CWE in general, but any additional tips are appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

This would indeed belong in the thread, and likely you could have found an answer just by browsing the thread. Generally the less water the better so if anything people might say you used too much water. Otherwise you should be fine.

-->CWE Mega-thread

Yes, that would be waaaaay too much water. Its not a disaster or anything, but the more water you use, the more acetaminophen ends up in your final product (acetaminophen's solubility is roughly 12-14mg/mL of water.)

I've used much less than that amount of water many times for 30-35 tablets, so you can definitely use less and still get good results. Check out the methods described here and in the previous mega-thread as well.

Last edited:
^ Right on. I usually am liberal with my water but I use large amounts of codeine containing tablets, for a small CWE like that you won't need much water. Just use enough to dissolve it all.

Also mazel tov on your moderator status dokomo. :) How long have you been a mod for?

I recently wound up blacklisted from the junkiest pharmacy in town after relentless visits to obtain dihydrocodeine/apap pills. I had to eventually tell them i was using 3 pills every single day to combat ibs in order to explain my buying a pack or two every week.

Now i'm visiting a different pharmacy but am thinking of trying the codeine with aspirin? Is a CWE the same with aspirin?

^ Right on. I usually am liberal with my water but I use large amounts of codeine containing tablets, for a small CWE like that you won't need much water. Just use enough to dissolve it all.

Also mazel tov on your moderator status dokomo. :) How long have you been a mod for?

Thanks Mr Blonde! :D I've been a mod since October. Its been really great so far, and I really have a whole new level of respect for my fellow mods and BL crew. It takes a lot of time and commitment and work behind the scenes to keep this place running well.