• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Can ebastine potentiate codeine and reduce nausea the same way promethazine would?

I don't like booze before consuming a CWE - it seems to obscure the bodily pleasure.
I agree, codeine's better on its own, plus you almost always end up with some paracetamol/ibuprofen etc in your extraction, which is not good for your liver when taken with alcohol.

I agree, codeine's better on its own, plus you almost always end up with some paracetamol/ibuprofen etc in your extraction, which is not good for your liver when taken with alcohol.

some solid advice here man, take heed. (take, not talk lol)
nice post GSS

Last edited:
I think we should make less noise about the whole cwe thing of ours they have already made soluble paeraceatomal in water it could be a sign of things to come their should be rules to make people use more discreet wording on controversial subjects such as these.

I think we should make less noise about the whole cwe thing of ours they have already made soluble paeraceatomal in water it could be a sign of things to come their should be rules to make people use more discreet wording on controversial subjects such as these.

what on earth are you on about? i hate to tell you mate but the cats out of the bag, manufacturers already know about COld Water Extraction, they're not just going to forget that now are they? the only controversy is the one you seem to be fabricating in your head mate.

Don't flatter yourself.

You won't be saying that when all products are effervescent or whatever and the only options you have are opium and smack!

The global pharmacological industry is going to remove all non soluble co - codamol and co - dydramol products from sale due to a few junkies sharing a well known hr focused kitchen extraction method?

These are the kind of paranoid fantasies I have about draconian drug polices I would relax and come back to earth pal.

Now that you put it that way I might be wrong its really not the big deal u people are making out to be lol anyway I take 300-450mg codeine daily what would be an equivalent dose from immodium lopermine to hold my wds at bay how many 2mg tabs would I have to take

Also those immodium instant release sometimes they dissolve on my tongue in seconds other times though they just seem to inflate slightly(the immodium) but don't dissolve as good and which is most effective the instant release or normal capsules.

Now that you put it that way I might be wrong its really not the big deal u people are making out to be lol anyway I take 300-450mg codeine daily what would be an equivalent dose from immodium lopermine to hold my wds at bay how many 2mg tabs would I have to take

Also those immodium instant release sometimes they dissolve on my tongue in seconds other times though they just seem to inflate slightly(the immodium) but don't dissolve as good and which is most effective the instant release or normal capsules.

I am sure that somebody around here can comment on the ins and outs but as far as I am aware, high doses of loperamide are not safe to use for the purposes of treating opiate / opioid withdrawal symptoms, despite folk evangelising the benefits on social media. Loperamide can seriously damage your heart and should be used for no other purpose than for the relief of diarrhoea and only in doses recommended. I am confident that someone will elaborate on the details of the risks but please do not use loperamide to try and ease withdrawal as you could seriously harm yourself. .

If you are motivated to stop using the drug and believe that you can manage this without support then you should attempt to taper your dose down in a manageable fashion, after which it may be relatively straightforward to stop with only a few days of discomfort.

Last edited:
OK so I'm trying my first codeine/Ibuprofen Cold water extract - using the simplest method described in the first post - so I just want to check I'm not making any obvious mistakes. I'm a novice at all of this

I'm using 6 Codeine/Ibu pills (12.8mg x 6 = 76.8mg codeine in total)

dissolved them in about 100ml cold water. Then filtered it through a coffee filter

the filtered liquid is not clear - it still has quite a lot of white sediment in it - is that OK? Or should I filter the liquid again through another filter?

I just want to check: it's the liquid I'm supposed to consume, not the residue left on the filter! (the residue is the Ibuprofen presumably?) Wouldn't want to get it mixed up 8o

Yes, the codeine is in the liquid and anything caught in the filter goes in the trash. I've never tried it with Nurofen plus, so I'm not sure how well it works.

When I've used paracetamol/codeine formulations, it's always been a bit cloudy, but that's mostly from inactive fillers in the tablets. Still, might be an idea to filter again just to be on the safe side.

Edit: Maybe try cooling in the fridge for a while before filtering again.

Yes, the codeine is in the liquid and anything caught in the filter goes in the trash. I've never tried it with Nurofen plus, so I'm not sure how well it works. When I've used paracetamol/codeine formulations, it's always been a bit cloudy, but that's mostly from inactive fillers in the tablets. Still, might be an idea to filter again just to be on the safe side.

thanks. Do you have any speical CWE methods that work for you?

I'm very wary about doing it with anything containing paracetemol because of the risks, especially as I'm new at this. So I'm sticking with codeine/Ibuprofen at the moment which is easily available at Boots and Superdrug.

I've also seen something containing 'Dehydrocodeine' but I don't know if that is different to regular codeine

should I down all the liquid at once, or sip it? And if it tastes nasty can I add sugar to it?

it takes ages to filter through the coffee paper. I think it's got stuck!

thanks. Do you have any speical CWE methods that work for you?

I'm very wary about doing it with anything containing paracetemol because of the risks, especially as I'm new at this. So I'm sticking with codeine/Ibuprofen at the moment which is easily available at Boots and Superdrug.

I've also seen something containing 'Dehydrocodeine' but I don't know if that is different to regular codeine

Depends on the brand of tablets I think. Some brands will break up in water quickly, the solution settles and filters to leave a fairly clear liquid. Other brands may need to be crushed to powder first and the liquid has to sit in the fridge for hours before the paracetamol forms a noticeable layer on the bottom, and it still may not work as well.

Just try to remove as much of the solid material as possible, get the solution as clear as you can and use only as much water as necessary. Too much water and you may be dissolving some of the undesirable stuff. Enough to cover the tablets should be fine.

Dihydrocodeine is a little bit different but still quite similar. Some people like it more and say it is stronger than codeine, others prefer codeine.

Edit: The liquid should eventually find it's way through the filter. It can take a while.

Last edited:
why is it necessary to put it in the fridge or freezer?

I just used tap water. Put the tablets in (they dissolved quite easily) and stirred it up a bit before putting it through the filter paper

well it's been an hour and I don't think I can feel anything, although not having done this before I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to feel

perhaps I didn't use enough Codeine or my technique was wrong :?

will try again tomorrow with a higher dose

Erowid says that the extraction technique they recommend only works for acetminophen and aspirin.

does that mean Ibuprofen needs to be extracted using a different method?

OK. I was following the instructions that said first dissolve it in warm hot/water, then plunge it into ice water for 30 mins to lower the temp before filtering.

so you think I should dispense with that? Simply dissolve the pills in water until they're all broken up, and then filter?

OK. I was following the instructions that said first dissolve it in warm hot/water, then plunge it into ice water for 30 mins to lower the temp before filtering.

so you think I should dispense with that? Simply dissolve the pills in water until they're all broken up, and then filter?

Unless the pill dissolves very slowly or incompletely, warm/ hot water shouldn't be necessary.

Last edited: