• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Thanks Mr Blonde! :D I've been a mod since October. Its been really great so far, and I really have a whole new level of respect for my fellow mods and BL crew. It takes a lot of time and commitment and work behind the scenes to keep this place running well.

That's good to hear brother, being a mod is a lot of fun most of the time. I found it really interesting to find out how BL worked behind the big green curtain as well. :)

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing a CWE extraction tonight with some 30mg/500mg codeine/paracetemol capsules.

Active ingredients are Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate and Paracetemol. I assume hemihydrate is the same as codiene phosphate just a fancy way of describing it? But i'm cautious so have to ask what is it and is it safe for extraction?

Assuming it's okay, I only want to use 4 capsules (120mg codeine) as I seem to have a low tolerance to codeine. I have been taking x2 of these capsules (so 60mg codiene) before bed for rx pain relief and experience a semi-nod state whilst drifting off to sleep and a general light pleasant buzz. I feel doubling this dose will be just about right for the effects i'm looking for.

Anyway, now some questions on the extraction.

I'm only going be needing to filter 2000mg of paracetmol. Reading the CWE technique on erowid I only need 2ml of water per 500mg pill. So as i'm only x4 capsule content which is 2000mg this equates to only 8ml of water. I can forsee this creating a problem in that most of this is just going to get absorbed in the filter and i'll end up losing most of my codiene. The easy solution would be to up the amount of water I use (as well as damping the filter beforehand). But how much?

Also, what makes a good filter? I don't have anything like coffee filters, all I really have is clothing. I've heard t-shirts are generally ineffective due to the gaps in the clothing material being too large to filter the paracetemol. Is this true? What else could I use?

Also i'm assuming the capsule content will already be powderised so no need to crush it, just pour it straight into the glass and stir? Do I stir until I see no more visible binders and powder or leave it longer?

After that its just a matter of putting the glass into the freezer until its almost freezing and then filter? Should I be able to see the paracemetol in the filter?

Many thanks!

Hmmm due to the amounts you are considering a CWE won't work very well. If you are planning on doing this often then do a whole batch of pills and split the liquid up over multiple doses; if it is more of a one time/one or two times a month/ type deal then just chomp the pills and take 2g of acetaminophen which is basically within recommended dosage guidelines.

^ This. I would just pop them. If you are going to be increasing the dose though, then a CWE would be needed.

I think i'm beginning to hover somewhere between Other Drugs and Advanced Drug Discussion. Thought you all should know. CWE is suuuuuper easy and a VERY good idea. $0.02 BAM motherfucker..

omfg this tek rocks. I used 12 5/500 vic's and basically siphoned the water from the mix

crushed and mixed the pills with water in a 1/2 pint canning jar(because it wont break)
put the jar in some ice/salt/water mix
let it separate which it did wonderfully
siphoned the water from it and repeated 3 times

I didnt even squeeze the stuff because i wanted as little APAP as possible. Im fcken blasted right now and my liver is happy as fck

used like 60ml of water per cycle. the more water the more diluted the mix and the less of the goods will be lost. it prb does taste like shit but it is possible to not breath through your nose while drinking it. I was clean for 6 days before doing this, took 7 pills earlier and was fuck all this APAP and did these 12 this way.... it hit 100% faster and stronger

+1 internet point to the holy man who first thought of this, because 5mg vicodin are totally worthless & dangerous as a rec drug and i pay next nothing for them because of the APAP content

^ What is the point of the salt in the mixture?

For the large amounts of tablets I use that tech seems like a bit of a hassle, I would rather just filter it and then add more water to the APAP residue and do the process again, though you are getting more APAP across. With the amounts I'm using, I never use washes after the extraction though.

Ah OK. APAP's solubility won't drop too much past a certain point so I'm not sure if ice and salt are necessary, maybe if you don't have access to cold water. Where I live the water comes out of the tap very damn cold already! :)

An old favorite recipe

You're allowed to link to harm reduction supplies, so if you want to recommend specific products that would be fine! I know chamois originally referred to the actual leather product but the name is now often used by synthetic products. Which did you have success with?

It is synthetic.
I do not remember whether I bought it at an auto store, drug store or supermarket.
I have a giant sheet of it that I cut pieces from when I need to. It's construction is described as follows:

The thickness of the sheet is 1/16 inch. It has three layers. The two 1/64 inch thick outer layers are a yellow fibrous material with a feel like leather, but absorbent.

The middle layer is 1/32 inch thick, and looks from the edge like a very fine pored sponge. When you peel back one of the outer layers (not easy) you find that the middle layer is not a sponge, but looks like a off-white very fine fibrous material and feels like a very finely fibered cotton material

If you pour a few drops of water on the (leather feel) yellow surface, it is immediately absorbed into the center layer and the surface feels almost dry.

Someone might use it in an alternate universe, where there are over the counter tablets that look like OC's. Just to provide an example of usage, here is an old favorite recipe of a FOAF from that universe:

Preparation steps
  • Cut a strip of chamois 1/3 inch by 5 inches
    Wet the chamois under running water, and squeeze out excess.

But See Note 3 at the bottom of this post.

• Preheat pizza tray in oven to 200°
  • Fashion a 3 to 4" square tray out of Reynolds Non-Stick aluminum foil.
    Check it for water tightness by placing it on a flat newspaper and filling tray to 1/8" with water.
Recipe
  1. Take about 10 tablets and powder them. Mix with about 6 cc of water in a 45cc pill bottle to get a thick liquid.

2. Using an INVERTER microwave set on 3, heat 45cc bottle until paste separates into a clear liquid layer with a creamy paste floating on top.

3. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature

4. Place one end of siphon strip in the bottom of 45cc bottle.
    Use a sturdy support to hold 45cc bottle at 60° angle over a new 30cc pill bottle, letting clear liquid drip from the free end of strip into bottle

When no liquid is left in 45cc bottle, place 30cc bottle aside.

5. Add 6cc water to 45cc bottle. What used to be a creamy paste is now a brittle solid, so break it up using whatever kitchen utensils you have at hand, and mix with the water.

6. If you can taste any residual OTC drug in the mixture, go to step 2

Prepare for evaporation
  7. Mark the two pill bottles with the highest concentration of drug as "1" and "2"
    Leaving pill bottles 1 and 2 alone, pour the remaining pill bottles into an 8oz measuring cup, and boil in INVERTER microwave at "5" until you have about 4cc left.

8. Pour measuring cup into clean 30cc bottle. Mark this bottle "3".
    Use 4cc of water to clean measuring cup, then add this water to bottle 3.

Use siphon strip to filter bottle 3 into new bottle. When done, call new bottle bottle 3.

Evaporation
  9. pour bottle 1 into Non-Stick tray and Carefully place it on pizza tray. When it has mostly evaporated, add contents of bottle 2. When that has mostly evaporated, add contents of bottle 3.

10. Finish evaporating. You are done when you have a brittle clear solid layer. If you have left it in slightly longer then necessary it may have a golden tinge. This is OK. It comes from slight oxidation of the lactose filler from the original tablets (similar to caramel-ization of sucrose). This solid layer easily separates from the non-stick tray.

11. Use a rotary pill crusher to turn the solid into a powder. Because you have retained the lactose, you will have enough bulk to make it easier to measure. This is good if you intend insufflation. I do not know whether or not it is good to IV lactose, however.

Note 1:
You NEED an Inverter Microwave oven. This is a kind of microwave oven that has TRUE power levels. Non-Inverter microwaves simulate reduced power levels by turning on and off periodically. This is a disaster if you want to simmer soup. It will also cause the pill bottles in this recipe to erupt, leaving their contents on the roof of the oven. To prevent this from happening, use an Inverter microwave.

Note 2: You may be concerned about heating the OTC drug. Do not worry about that. The OTC drug, just like oxycodone, has a decomposition temperature of 270°C - 272°C. That's over 500°F. You won't be coming anywhere close to that.

Note 3: If you have not used OAS/siphon filters before, I would recommend using the foam portions of 3 pieces of Oral-B SuperFloss side by side (in parallel) for your first time, as it is a known material to me, and I might not know without experimention whether the chamois you found was right for the job.

Last edited:
Hi There first post so go easy! Have performed approx 5x CWE so far. With varying degrees of success in terms of yeild. I did one to day as follows:

32x 8/500 co-codimol
Crushed in pestle and mortor
Added 60ml cold water
Stired and crushed some more in p&m
Poured into glass, stood in fridge for 5 mins
Pourded into damp double coffee filter filtered 90% gravity then squeeze
Re filtered in new damp double filter and squeezed.

Now this is where Im slightly concerned. Some APAP definately got through as once I drank the solution there was a small amount of solid enough to ever so slightly dust the liquid trail out of the glass. There was no obvious sediment at the bottom of the glass before i drank it.

So got paranoid opened all four filters, scraped and weighed the filtatre (still damp not wet). Now my scales aren't too sensitive so weighed 5 times and results ranged from 12g to 15g.

I'm now worried of overdose should I be worried?

Hi There first post so go easy! Have performed approx 5x CWE so far. With varying degrees of success in terms of yeild. I did one to day as follows:

32x 8/500 co-codimol
Crushed in pestle and mortor
Added 60ml cold water
Stired and crushed some more in p&m
Poured into glass, stood in fridge for 5 mins
Pourded into damp double coffee filter filtered 90% gravity then squeeze
Re filtered in new damp double filter and squeezed.

Now this is where Im slightly concerned. Some APAP definately got through as once I drank the solution there was a small amount of solid enough to ever so slightly dust the liquid trail out of the glass. There was no obvious sediment at the bottom of the glass before i drank it.

So got paranoid opened all four filters, scraped and weighed the filtatre (still damp not wet). Now my scales aren't too sensitive so weighed 5 times and results ranged from 12g to 15g.

I'm now worried of overdose should I be worried?

Let's see. You started out with 16 grams of APAP, and after everything, you had 12g to 16g of APAP +H2O combination. Which, by itself, would mean that somewhere between 1g and 4g got into your liquid, assuming that the amount of H2O in your filters was near 0. If you knew how much liquid you ended up with, you could subtract that from the amount of liquid you started with to see how much of the filter contents were water, and how much were APAP.

Looking at it another way, you started with 60ml of water. Assuming about 43°F, that amount of water could dissolve 60 * 12.78 mg APAP, or 766 mg.

That is less than the amount of APAP that was in two of your original tablets, so I think you are safe.

While you are safe, that is still a LOT of APAP if you don't want it. Depending upon temperature, you could fit at least 100 times as much codeine in 60 ml of water.

You might try using a lot less water, but start out with it being hot to get everything dissolved. (Despite urban myths, you can work with codeine at temperatures up to it's melting point (154°C), although it should not be stored above 40°C for any length of time.) After everything is dissolved, lower the solution temperature to as close to 1°C as practical to make as much as possible of the APAP precipitate out. Then for maximum yield with minimum contamination, use a wick filter, not a filter that depends on gravity. For 32 tablets, I'd suggest about 10 wicks (based on 3 wicks working well with 10 tablets). After wicking the codeine, I'd then wick at least 15cc of water to flush any clear solution remaining in the wicks.

Try it. I can't recommend wick filters enough!

Thanks for the reply I think I'm ok but I understand that APAP overdose is asymptomatic and therefore I would only know about a terminal dose at about the same time I was put onto the transpant list. I was unaware of 'wick' method. Presumably this uses capilery action to draw the solution upwards into another receptical. What materials are used in this method? And what are the duration time like?

Thanks for the reply I think I'm ok but I understand that APAP overdose is asymptomatic and therefore I would only know about a terminal dose at about the same time I was put onto the transpant list. I was unaware of 'wick' method. Presumably this uses capilery action to draw the solution upwards into another receptical. What materials are used in this method? And what are the duration time like?

About APAP Toxicity:

The first phase of APAP toxicity (lasting 24 to 72 hours) may or may not be symptomatic. If it is, symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, pallor, and sweating. In the second phase, signs of liver damage may occur along with right upper quadrant pain. Acute kidney failure, signified by not needing to pee for an excessive amount of time, may also occur in this phase.

"The third phase follows at 3 to 5 days, and is marked by complications of massive hepatic necrosis leading to fulminant hepatic failure with complications of coagulation defects, hypoglycemia, kidney failure, hepatic encephalopathy, cerebral edema, sepsis, multiple organ failure, and death" (direct quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol_toxicity ). "The transplant list" is probably not something to count on.

About The 'Wick' Method:

The basic idea is one that was used thousands of years ago as a (crude by today's standards) method for for water purification.

Yes, it takes advantage of capillary action, in some kinds of fibrous threads, that allows liquids to rise (through capillaries) against gravity at the same time that gravity also prevents solids from also rising. The capillaries in the thread(s) draw the liquid upwards through them without the solids also being drawn through them. Because of this, you never have a problem with clogged filters, and filtration occurs at a constant rate (see bottom of post).

Additionally they are sturdy and re-usable many times.

See http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=892099 for a writeup. (Unfortunately, the writeup is full of "swim" and "swiy" pronoun substitutions, but it's still readable).

A source container that I've found convenient is the kind of 30-60 ml bottle that pharmacies deliver small tablets in. It should be filled no more than half full and securely angled so the top of the bottle faces between one and two o'clock.

While various materials can be used for the wick(s), I recommend that beginners start with the five inch long foam portion of Oral-B™ Super-Floss™. Just cut it with scissors and discard the non-foam portion.

-----------------------------------------------

Note: While you may choose not to, I recommend flushing the wicks after siphoning, to get any solution remaining in the wick(s). This is done by adding plain water to the (now empty) source container and siphoning that water with your used wick filter.

The recommended material, when fully saturated, only holds a fraction of a milliliter of fluid. So I recommend using 2-5ml of water to flush a 3 to 5 wick filter. With this much water, you can be sure of thoroughly flushing the filter.

After you've flushed the filter, it is ready for re-use.

If you use another material for your wick(s), you should measure how much liquid it takes to saturate the wick, and when it comes time, use several times that amount to flush it.

The filtration rate is constant. In the past, when asked, I've said "Depending on the materials chosen and the angle of the source bottle, figure 15 seconds to a minute per milliliter. Increasing the number of wicks increases the rate, so with 5 wicks, it would take 1/5 the time."

I just now did a quick test of measuring the time it takes to filter 5ml, and it looks like I've been underestimating the time it can take. Using a used 3 wick siphon, I found that it took me 2.5 minutes, or 30 seconds per ml. It took an additional minute to flush the siphon with 2ml water.

This is a thread for the collection of Cold Water Extraction techniques, and discussion on the viability and safety of these methods. We get a few threads on this process, so I figured it would be good to have a source for this information in the one place.

Cold Water Extraction FAQ – Mr Blonde

What is a Cold Water Extraction (CWE)?

In the context of this website, a Cold Water Extraction is a method used to separate compounds that are mixed together by using their difference of solubility in water. Common examples of medicines that this may be performed on is Tylenol #3 (Aspirin, Codeine, + Caffeine in Canada), or Nurofen + (Codeine, Ibuprofen), or Vicoden (hydrocodone, Acetaminophen).

Why do people perform a CWE?

Simple reason; they are taking large amounts of the medication in question for whatever reason to gain the effects/benefits of one active ingredient (e.g. hydrocodone), or taking this medication long-term in large amounts, however at the same time they are putting themselves at risk of physical harm through the ingestion of large amounts of the combo ingredient (e.g. acetaminophen, ibuprofen, etc…). A cold water extraction is a simple way to separate the water soluble compound from the relatively non-water soluble compounds we do not want, e.g. hydrocodone will dissolve in room temperature water but acetaminophen won’t to the same extent, allowing us to easily separate them.

Is a CWE illegal?

In the case of hydrocodone or codeine containing preparations, in most jurisdictions this procedure is illegal. For example, in Australia codeine mixed with acetaminophen or ibuprofen is either schedule II up to a 24-sized pack, schedule III for a 48-size pack or greater and schedule IV if the dose of codeine is 30mg. If the medication is codeine only, the schedule is VIII, the highest Rx schedule category in Australia. By performing a CWE, you are removing the combination ingredient and are left with mostly the codeine. This could then be considered a schedule VIII drug, and thus illegal to possess without a script.

So, why is discussion of this technique allowed?

Quite simple; a CWE is avoiding the harm that could come about were people to ingest large amounts of acetaminophen (APAP) or aspirin or ibuprofen or other combo ingredients. Examples:

APAP: Overdose is associated with liver damage caused by the liver being unable to process the toxic metabolite of APAP, N-acetyl-p-benzo-quinone imine (NAPQI). When you ingest APAP, it normally gets converted to inactive metabolites with only a small amount becoming NAPQI. Usually this toxin is then conjugated by the liver tripeptide glutathione. When very large doses of APAP are taken, the liver is unable to process the amount of the drug and therefore more NAPQI is produced, and the liver is unable to conjugate it. This toxin causes liver failure. The antidote for NAPQI is acetylcysteine, however if you believe you have taken a toxic dose of APAP it is best to seek medical attention. A single dose of 10 grams or 200mg per kilogram of body mass can be toxic, and multiple smaller doses in a period of 24 hours can also be toxic. Using APAP in normal doses everyday has been shown to cause increases in liver function tests of up to three fold.

Aspirin: Large doses or continuous use can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), nausea, vomiting, dizziness, hyperthermia, seizures, cerebral edema and comas. Most deaths from aspirin overdose are due to pulmonary edema. Aspirin can be toxic at 150mg/kg of body mass, and is considered lethal at above 500mg/kg. Although this sounds like a lot of aspirin, similar toxicity can occur with above-average-use spread out over a period of time. If you believe you may have overdosed, seek medical attention.

Ibuprofen: Overdose can cause nausea, stomach pains, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus and nystagmus (rapid eye-wobbles you may be familiar with if you have used MDMA), seizures, hypotension, tachycardia, hepatic and renal failure, cardiac arrest and death (though deaths from ibuprofen are relatively rare compared to APAP and aspirin). Toxic effects of this substance are considered to begin around 100mg/kg of body mass. If you believe you have overdosed on this substance, you should seek medical attention.

So, how do you perform a CWE?

There are a few different techniques used to perform a CWE; the aim of this thread is to collate them so that they aren’t all just floating around the place, and so that people can discuss their methods, viability, possible safety issues, etc.

Solubility in Room Temperature:

APAP: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature; around 0.1-0.5 grams per 100ml if the temperature is lowered to around 22C.

Aspirin: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature. Same at 22C.

Ibuprofen: Roughly 1 gram per 100ml at room temperature or less.

Mr Blonde’s Basic CWE

1) If I have Nurofen +, I will grind these in a coffee grinder; most other codeine combo meds dissolve quite quickly by themselves and these I will just drop into a glass of cool water. I use 50mL for 24 tablets of 10mg codeine/500mg APAP, for preparations known to be more ‘sludgy’ (e.g. N+, certain codeine/APAP brands), I will use 75-100mL of water. I try to use only 150-200ml of water maximum.

2) Once the tablets are dissolved, I stir them and then place an old shirt in a cup as a filter. I wet the shirt prior to using as a filter.

3) Pour the solution through the filter, and wait until the stream of filtered solution slows to droplets. I then squeeze the shirt to get the most liquid out.

4) That’s it! Dispose of the liquid by drinking, and dispose of the filtrate in your bin. Some people do second washes on the filtrate left over, I however do not.

Erowid’s CWE Technique

The Procedure
1. Obtain a quantity of tablets containing codeine, check to see if they contain anything other than codeine, caffeine, acetaminophen or aspirin. If they do, and you don't know whether or not it will be a problem, your best bet is not to use them. Measure out your desired amount of codeine (ex. 64 mg = 8 tablets * 8mg/tablet). You may want to add 2 extra tablets as it is quite likely you will lose some codeine in the procedure. As you get more experience with the procedure you will be able to get approx. 95% of the codeine extracted.

2. Measure out some nice hot water, use approx. 40ml / 20 tablets or more if needed. I would suggest you don't go over 50ml for 20 tablets. I don't know if the use of boiling water would destroy any of the codeine but your best bet is not to use it. Use hot water but not boiling. Make sure the tablets dissolve completely. Some dissolve on contact with water while others need some help dissolving by crushing them. Note : not all of the tablet will dissolve, there are water-insoluble fillers in the tablet and not all of the A/A will dissolve either(which is what we want).

[Most sources recommend that codeine not be stored at temperatures in excess of 40C (104F), so its probably better to use warm, but not hot, water. I find that it is best to crash the tablets completely in a container, and then dissolve them in a glass with water.]

3. Place the solution in a cold bath, I just use some ice cubes in a container of water. Stir the mixture occasionally until the solution drops to about 15C or lower. You won't need a thermometer to measure the temperature, just make sure it's "cold". This will take about 30 min. If you wish to speed this up, you can use less water to dissolve the tablets, and add ice chips to cool the mixture faster. Just make sure you don't add so much ice that you drastically increase the volume of the mixture.

4. Filter the solution using whatever you have. Coffee filters work well, but lab filters work the best. Just make sure you don't end up with obvious solids in the filtered solution. This will take about 1 hr. You may also want to rinse the solids left over in the filter with some ice-water to extract any remaining codeine.

[With aspirin this will take only about 20-30 minutes.]

5. Drink and enjoy! The solution will be _very_ bitter, so I mix a little Kool-aid powder into the solution. The taste isn't really bad but it's similar to sucking on a lemon.

[One gets used to the taste after a while.:)]

6. Sit back and wait for the effects. Because the codeine is already in solution it only needs to be absorbed, while codeine in the tablet form must dissolve before being absorbed. Because of this, the effects will probably become noticeable within 15min.

Note : I don't suggest you evaporate the mixture unless you are willing to wait a while. The Merck index warns that codeine is sensitive to heat and light. For that reason if you wish to evaporate the mixture, do it without heat, and shield the solution from light.

Can the solution be evaporated to be used for other purposes?

Yes, although the solution is going to contain some binders, fillers and some amount of the combo med we didn’t want. Hence, depending on the drug, the powder could be used for snorting, eating later or plugging, but would in no way be ideal for IV use. Most drugs that come in combo-med form are, as far as I know, not suited for smoking. To find out whether the drug you have separated can be used via a certain method of administration, use the search engine. ;)

Can every combo med be CWE’d?

No. Some combo meds also contain a third ingredient such as an anti-cholinergic. If this third ingredient is potentially dangerous and soluble in water, a CWE will not remove that risk.

Also, there are some preparations of aspirin that are soluble in water. A CWE will not work on these medications.

And that’s about it. Using this technique will help remove some of the dangers associated with overdoing a combo med, it’s simple to do and could save your health. If you have a technique you use or would like to discuss any aspects of the CWE, this is the thread to do it in.

Stay safe.

IS IT POSSIBLE WITH dissolvable TABLETS ???

^ That completely dissolve? Those tablets are called effervescent and a CWE will not work.

That's at the bottom of my guide that you quoted, it should be updated as originally the only preparations I was aware of that were effervescent were aspirin formulations, but now here in Australia they have an APAP/codeine formulation that is effervescent as well.

There may be a more complex method to work with those tablets... I will see what I can come up with.

ETA: What actual substance are you working with? Depending on what it is, you may be able to use a solvent to extract the codeine.

Last edited:
Help Needed With Cold Water Extraction of Hydrocodone!!

Hey everyone,

I've been pretty into Vicodin lately, and up until now my tolerance has been pretty low. It's taken 3 or 4 vics to get me high up until now, but as my tolerance grows, I'm aware that taking more than 3 or 4 at a time can cause some serious damage because of the Acetaminophen. I've recently tried CWE, and after looking up several different methods online and trying them all, I'm convinced that I'm doing something drastically wrong. I'll describe the process I've been doing:

1. Crush pills (5-6 vics)
2. Dissolve in cold water (about 40ml)
3. Put mixture in bowl, cover, and stick in freezer for half an hour
4. Filter solution and gunk through cloth
5. Filter remaining solution through coffee filter
6. Drink solution

Now, like I said before, it usually takes 4 vics to get me high, but the only thing I've been feeling off of this is a slight buzz, and I've used up to 8 pills in some attempts. I've tried using different amounts of water, different amounts of time in the freezer, different cloths and filters, but to no avail. I have noticed that when I put the mixture in the freezer, the APAP is supposed to separate out on the bottom, but this doesn't happen for me. I've never seen a clear difference between the APAP and the rest of the solution, it all just stays one white liquid.

Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I don't wanna waste the rest of my stash, but I also don't wanna destroy my liver. If possible, would anyone be willing to get on MSN, Yahoo, or AIM and instruct me step-by-step on how to do it correctly? If not, responses on this thread would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance.

^ You don't need to put in the freezer if it's already cold water. The freezer is just a cool trick if you have used warm water to dissolve, which you don't need to do.

Are your filters (cloth and coffee) wet with water? It helps more solution pass through.

Yea, I soaked both of them in cold water, then rung them out to get rid of the excess. I have another batch of 5 pills filtering through a coffee filter right now. I didn't put it in the freezer this time, I just dissolved them in cold water then filtered, so I'll drink that once it's done and let you know if it was successful or not.