• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

i wanted to get the paracetamol out of these tablets i once had. forgot the name all i saw was it mentioning, 'dihydrocodine each 1 containing 10mg' so i tryed the cold water extraction to take out the paracetamol.
and used 5 tablets to try and get the 50mg. -_- ive had dihydrocodine tablets in the past and liked em. but they was tablet form not liquid.. being stupid. not thinking, had on empty stomach, 'duh liquid is fast realease' yeh i felt ill.
also i prob extracted another chemical too. so im not doing it again :p

i wanted to get the paracetamol out of these tablets i once had. forgot the name all i saw was it mentioning, 'dihydrocodine each 1 containing 10mg' so i tryed the cold water extraction to take out the paracetamol.
and used 5 tablets to try and get the 50mg. -_- ive had dihydrocodine tablets in the past and liked em. but they was tablet form not liquid.. being stupid. not thinking, had on empty stomach, 'duh liquid is fast realease' yeh i felt ill.
also i prob extracted another chemical too. so im not doing it again :p

Guafenesin

or Sorbitol.

Does anyone know what % of ibuprofen is extracted with this? If each pill has 200mg ibuprofen how much would pass through the filter an end up in the final drink? Im doin a whole bunch of pills an watned to know whats left just so i dont take too much? Is it safe to assume it be like around 5-20mg ib left over from every pill?

I got a question, im just curious lets say in a cwe on pills that containe,20 mg codeine, 30 mg caffeine and 325 mg of APAP per pill, is thereany way to get rid of the caffeine? I know the process gets out most of the apap but what about the caffeine? I dontr even use codeine no more, it sucks, but i was just curious

Codeine/Paracetamol Cold Water Extraction GUIDE (very detailed, with pics)

here's a guide I have been using for the last 6 months to get high safely. It's very simple, and I tried to include as many pictures as possible to hopefully simplify the steps. I used this method to work with up to 350mg worth of 15/500 codeine/paracetamol pills, and I'm sure it can work past that amount or with other combinations. ---New poster so please move it to the appropriate forum or whatever if I've made any mistakes, thanks---

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
6UPEcYO.jpg

Desired amount of pills
3 cups
1 skewer (or other stirring utensil)
2(+) Coffee Filters (or other filter - Cheesecloth, tshirt, etc.)
1 zip-lock bag
1 heavy something (for crushing pills)

STEP 1 - Preparation P1
orGPAkc.jpg

Place pills in zip-lock bag and crush pills up nicely by smashing them. (even crushing between a table leg and a hard floor will do)

STEP 2 - Preparation P2
krz50SF.jpg

-Fill a small amount of warm water in one cup:
This amount is used for around 10 pills - adjust approximate ratios accordingly.

-Mix thoroughly until you have a milky-white solution.

STEP 3 - Refrigeration
1ktNDNr.jpg

Place in the freezer and leave for no longer than 20 minutes.

STEP 3 ALTERNATIVE - Refrigeration
If you live with others and don't want to have to explain why you have a chemical solution in the freezer, this is an alternative method ;).
5XByHeG.jpg

- You will need: a container and some ice-cubes

bfyh8f1.png

- Submerge the cup in the filled container, and place a heavy object on top to keep it from bobbing or tipping over.

- Leave for 1/2 an hour.

STEP 4 - Filtration Preparation (Coffee Filters)
Th6EEX0.jpg

- Take your coffee filters, make a tear, and wrap them around the rim of your cups.
- Make as many as you like, for how many times you feel comfortable filtering your solution. (Two is plenty IMO.)

STEP 5 - Filtration Preparation P2 (Coffee Filters)
CYnSZbT.jpg

Run filter under a cold tap and carefully reposition around the rim of the cup.

Obviously another filter type can be used, just remember to wet under cold water first and secure over cup.

STEP 6 - Filtering
n1kOSJY.jpg

- Take your solution out of the freezer, give it a little stir and pour into your wet filter
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Squeeze remaining moisture from the bag into your cup. (the bag will break easily)

STEP 7 - Re-Filtering (Repeatable step)
- Repeat step 5

OmZRwOt.jpg

- Pour filtered solution into other wet filter
- Leave for 10-15 mins.

STEP 8 - Drink!
M843xWx.jpg

You will be left with an almost clear solution (This cup has a white opacity)
!Not all paracetamol will be removed in this process, however most will!

Fortunately you're usually left with the right amount to shot it. (or mix with cordial or juice if you can't handle the taste)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to bl,
nice and easy to understand, with good photos, a very useful guide for someone who wants to do his/her first (or 2nd, 3rd) CWE..
Welldone b33ns, and again, welcome to bl, i hope you'll have a lot of nice time here..%)

MartinFn

looks like panadeine extra, they will dissolve without crushing in hot water

Personally I wouldn't use warm water. That just increases the solubility of the para/APAP and not all of it will precipitate out of the solution again when you cool it.

Start with cold water and you skip the 'submerging' step.

you can't put codeine in hot water it ruins it.

Seriously is this appropriate when some of us have codeine addictions? We don't exactly want to see codeine do we and get triggered into using.

here's a guide SWIM has been using for the last 6 months to get high safely. It's very simple, and SWIM has tried to include as many pictures as possible to hopefully simplify the steps. SWIM used this method to work with up to 350mg worth of 15/500 codeine/paracetamol pills, and SWIM is sure it can work past that amount or with other combinations. ---New poster so please move it to the appropriate forum or whatever if I've made any mistakes, thanks---

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
6UPEcYO.jpg

Desired amount of pills
3 cups
1 skewer (or other stirring utensil)
2(+) Coffee Filters (or other filter - Cheesecloth, tshirt, etc.)
1 zip-lock bag
1 heavy something (for crushing pills)

STEP 1 - Preparation P1
orGPAkc.jpg

Place pills in zip-lock bag and crush pills up nicely by smashing them. (even crushing between a table leg and a hard floor will do)

STEP 2 - Preparation P2
krz50SF.jpg

-Fill a small amount of warm water in one cup:
This amount is used for around 10 pills - adjust approximate ratios accordingly.

-Mix thoroughly until you have a milky-white solution.

STEP 3 - Refrigeration
1ktNDNr.jpg

Place in the freezer and leave for no longer than 20 minutes.

STEP 3 ALTERNATIVE - Refrigeration
If you live with others and don't want to have to explain why you have a chemical solution in the freezer, this is an alternative method ;).
5XByHeG.jpg

- You will need: a container and some ice-cubes

bfyh8f1.png

- Submerge the cup in the filled container, and place a heavy object on top to keep it from bobbing or tipping over.

- Leave for 1/2 an hour.

STEP 4 - Filtration Preparation (Coffee Filters)
Th6EEX0.jpg

- Take your coffee filters, make a tear, and wrap them around the rim of your cups.
- Make as many as you like, for how many times you feel comfortable filtering your solution. (Two is plenty IMO.)

STEP 5 - Filtration Preparation P2 (Coffee Filters)
CYnSZbT.jpg

Run filter under a cold tap and carefully reposition around the rim of the cup.

Obviously another filter type can be used, just remember to wet under cold water first and secure over cup.

STEP 6 - Filtering
n1kOSJY.jpg

- Take your solution out of the freezer, give it a little stir and pour into your wet filter
- Leave for 10 minutes
- Squeeze remaining moisture from the bag into your cup. (the bag will break easily)

STEP 7 - Re-Filtering (Repeatable step)
- Repeat step 5

OmZRwOt.jpg

- Pour filtered solution into other wet filter
- Leave for 10-15 mins.

STEP 8 - Drink!
M843xWx.jpg

You will be left with an almost clear solution (This cup has a white opacity)
!Not all paracetamol will be removed in this process, however most will!

Fortunately you're usually left with the right amount to shot it. (or mix with cordial or juice if you can't handle the taste)

Nice guide. I used to do everything thing the same except I didn't crush the pills and use 3 coffee filters (that's three layer's one is too thin if you're doing a lot of pills) and I could squeeze more of the final product out, gently.

It did lead me to taking codeine doses in excess of 800 mg a day but hey my livers 100% fine - tested (after 2 years of it).

Thanks for the tips and feedback guys.
Yeah they are, I usually use the same method for whatever pills I have on hand, mostly generic brands that don't dissolve so well..

Get lab filters from Ebay, they're cheap and arrive in a few days. It works so much better than those filters shown in the photos.

Get lab filters from Ebay, they're cheap and arrive in a few days. It works so much better than those filters shown in the photos.

paracetamol has high surface tension (sticky) so as soon as some deposits into the filter, the deposited paracetamol acts itself as a microfilter so the quality of the filter only matters in the very first second of the filtration.

^Cool, that's a good bit of info.

Kind of debunks the whole 'lab filters are the best' theory.

I suppose it would all come down to how quickly it's done, faster with lab grade maybe?

^ I used that type many many times (popular uk brand) and found my solution became cloudy often making me have to filter more than once. That's all very nice in theory but I'm telling you I was not imagining it! The filters looked EXACTLY the same, although the brand was different I'm sure. Some coffee filters are fine but the ones with a seam definitely often let the paracetamol through. I've done it FAR too many times to be mistaken. I'm not saying the brand used in the pic was different, because it could have been made with a different glue for all I know, but the ones I used were pants.

If you want to use coffee filters the large ones with the folded sides work well, but lab filters are cheap, easy to get and easy to use.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed guide. I never had much luck with CWE; I found using a solvent would give me excellent yields. If I was to invest in lab grade filters and follow your formula carefully, could you give me an idea of the maximum yields you've extracted? Ie if I was to evaporate my filtered solution, how many mgs of codeine phosphate have you obrained? When I did CWE back in the day, I was left with a meagre piece of residue that had the chalky taste of paracet; I extracted approx 30% imo this simply wasn't worth the investment to me. Conversely, my solvent technique yielded me around 90% of crystalline, odourless codeine, although it was yellow in colour, owing to impurities. I would very much want to have another bash at CWE, as the solvents I used are expensive and hard to source