• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

i need help bruhs i literally wasted a 100 pill bottle of ac&c. like today i did an extraction of thirty pills in 50ml then did a second wash with 20ml. got 57.5ml all together after filtering, mixed with five alive and felt absolutely nothing. i don't know what i'm doing wrong there was definitely codeine since it was so bitter. the closest to being high i felt was feeling warm in my stomach but in this case nothing at all. really need help pls.

edit:
also i tried many methods normal cwe (30 pills worth)
chromic cwe(30 pills worth)
and the syringe method(30 pills worth)

also sometimes my solution would freeze because my freezer is set to -15. may this be the problem? should it be set to a higher temperature so it takes more time to get cold?
or do i just have a stupidly high tolerance lol?

I an new to this but why does the amount of water to dissolve the meds have to be approx certurn amount? And it seems like everyone put 8- 23 tabs to cwe. Is the reason to drink it all at once to get s bigger effect or to save and drink as you want/need too? ..incase you are running low on ur meds. I ask asking because I don't know and nobody I know would want to use that many of their med all at once, i GUESS i' if when you use 3-23 tabs

Last edited:
How long after extracting 50 tabs does it take you to drink all of the solution. Does the cwe solution last as long as if you had eaten them. I know the goal is tho get all the unwanted products so after you finished the cwe how much do you drink at a time. Can't be The whole solution at one time can it. You would OD RIGHT? I just tried one tab this time because if I didn't do iright I would have none tor the rest of the month. .

How long after extracting 50 tabs does it take you to drink all of the solution. Does the cwe solution last as long as if you had eaten them. I know the goal is tho get all the unwanted products so after you finished the cwe how much do you drink at a time. Can't be The whole solution at one time can it. You would OD RIGHT? I just tried one tab this time because if I didn't do iright I would have none tor the rest of the month. .
How many pills do you swallow to get high? What are you dissolving? Norco 10/325? Tylenol 3?

I have generic hydrocodone 10/500 and I take 3/day. Drs will not prescribe am anymore if he finds out I used them all before my next appts. About 2 tabs at a time helps my pain but he only prescribes 3/day. It ust surprised me that after reading these threads that people are using so many tabs at one cwe and wondered if they do the cwe they make all in one dose . Thanks for thr reply.

Well fulcher. I'm giving it a try. I usually eat 7pills of 10/325 to feel anything. I think it's time to start preserving my liver. Already lost my gallbladder last year. Maybe you are losing too much hydro for such a small amount to CWE?
Today I'm trying 7 pills of 7.5/325 CWE. I'VE never been able to catch a buzz. We'll see how it works. Hate to waste $ because my dr will not RX them to me any longer (you are right- run out early and u get cut off!)
Too bad your dr has you on such high APAP. you could get norco 7.5/325.

Hi there everyone. I'm waiting for my suboxone to wear off so I can try CWE with some norcos. I hate the wait because I am achy and depressed and bored. Sometimes I can't take it and take a sliver of sub to feel better but then I have to start over. I had my last .5 snort of sub 50 +/-hrs ago. Hopefully this morning ill be good to go. Im in so much pain :-( Anyone try this before

I have generic hydrocodone 10/500 and I take 3/day. Drs will not prescribe am anymore if he finds out I used them all before my next appts. About 2 tabs at a time helps my pain but he only prescribes 3/day. It ust surprised me that after reading these threads that people are using so many tabs at one cwe and wondered if they do the cwe they make all in one dose . Thanks for thr reply.

I believe allot of these people are referring to (using) Canadian AC&C's that usually have approx' 8 mlg's of codeine mixed w/ aspirin & caffeine.

Or once you get the technique down it is possible to extract 20 of any type...

I believe allot of these people are referring to (using) Canadian AC&C's that usually have approx' 8 mlg's of codeine mixed w/ aspirin & caffeine.

Or once you get the technique down it is possible to extract 20 of any type...
20 pills? Like 20 norcos 10/325 CWE & drink all at once?? Wouldn't you just crush your normal dose? 7 pills (me) CWE & drink that extraction? Or does one loose a lot of hydro in extraction?? I don't take codeine. It has absolutely no recreational effect for me.

I stated it is "possible" use what you are prescribed...
note: I've found a high thread count, white dress shirt works best for filtering

Gotcha. I did 45 mgs hydrocodone CWE. I'm use to eating ~60 mgs without CWE. I did get a nice warm buzz. Ill use more tomorrow.

Seeking knowledge

Hello folks !
I recently registered because I need your withdom, so here is my problem:
I did several CWE in my life, some very recently and some mounths ago.
When I do a CWE I use a full box of 16x "400mg APAP + 20mg Codi" so normaly, after extraction I get 320mg of codi.
I remember enjoying a lot the CWE I made mounths ago so I thought I will give it a try again last week. I just crushed the pills into a glass poured some water ( it wasn't warm nor cold ) let it for like 10min, filtered it and drinked it) The result was amazing ! I get really really fucked up, I was even a little scared because unlike the first time I tried CWE I felt very warm and I started to sweat like crazy, my face was a waterfall ! Very good experience overall :)

Then 2 days ago I did another CWE the only things I changed are that I poured double the water and that when I filtered the solution, I put it on the fridge... the result was really disapointing, I could barely feel anything, I thought it was the water amount or the lower temperature of the water that messed the CWE so I had to try again

Yesterday I did exactly the same thing as I did the first time, but 20mn before I drank it, I drank something like 500ml of white grapefruit because I understood that it help potentiating opiate effect. The result was even weaker :( to give you an idea I didn't even felt as much as I feel when I drink a 6 pack beer.

So I don't understand why I can't feel anything with Codi, I would be really suprised that my tolerance increased so fast (I have no historic with other opiate), it must be something I do wrong but I don't know what exactly because sometimes i'm happy with the result and sometimes not...
I'll try again in about an hour, this time I will split the solution in 3 or 4 cup because I think that the apap stuck in the filter hold the codi. Saying that I don't see how that's possible as codi is disolved in the water...

If you have some idea about points I need to pay intention to to not wast another box it would really help. Thank you

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Really great information and nearly idiot-proof instructions. I appreciate that :)

The extraction process took two hours for me. Here's what I did: I crushed up 20 of the 10/325s hydrocodone/APAP mixes (Mallinckrodt -- can't handle this in pill form) into a fine powder with a pill crusher, and stirred it into app 50ml of ice cold water. I let the mixture sit, stirring occasionally, until everything was completely dissolved. I was left with a super cloudy liquid -- but it was liquid; it was not paste-like in consistency or anything.

I poured it over a wet coffee filter for the first filtering process. It took well over an hour to drain. There was so much sediment at the bottom of the filter that I had to continually pick the glass up and tilt it to the side, so it could bypass the paste at the bottom of the filter and drain into the glass. After about an hour and a half, I finally said the hell with this, and squeezed what was left in the first filter into a second wet coffee filter. There was so much SHIT at the bottom of the filter I cannot even begin to guess at the proportion of mallies that are nothing but cut. My hands were literally covered with a baby-powder-mixed- with- water-type-paste after I squeezed the first filter into the second. It then took another half hour or so to drain through the second filter, even though I could have sworn I got out most of the sediment in the first go round.

The good news is that I ended up with a completely clear liquid -- it looks just like water, and has the same consistency (though not the same taste!). Another pleasant surprise -- I thought I must have wasted a bunch of the liquid with my impatience, but when I measured it out, I had 45ml of extracted liquid. Since I started with slightly less than 50ml of water, it seems that I lost little to no water from the process. So, my questions regarding this part of the process are 1)is it normal to take this long to filter? 2) Is there anything I should be doing differently to speed up the process? 3) Mallies have a TON of extraneous shit in them! (okay, not a question, but the amount of cut was ridiculous).

Now, I've got nine teaspoons (45ml) of extracted liquid. Given the number of pills I used, I figure that each teaspoon represents about two thousand grams of hydrocone, less whatever was lost in the process. I usually take between 2-3 norcos when I wake up, depending on how stiff and painful I feel. So, I took a teaspoon and a half upon waking today. I got a brief, very intense 'high' thirty minutes after taking it that blasted my pain out of this world. But .. it was completely gone in less than two hours and the pain was back. Since I make a point to never dose less than four hours apart, the brevity of the extract's effectiveness is a problem for me.

Also, I was very depressed and anxious "coming down" from the extract, which has never, ever happened to me with hydrocodone before. Two hours ago, I took two teaspoons of the extract along with a 10 ml valium. I was floating! I mean, I had this super-intense, but pleasant high for --again -- about an hour and a half. Now, I'm just kind of feeling like the pain is returning and I'm a little depressed again. I'm thinking that I just need to take some regular norcos now, but I'm a little concerned, given that I just dosed with the extract two hours ago. Anyone else experience the extreme transience of effectiveness with this extract? How do others deal with it? Thanks, again to all!

how did you reach the conclusion it's (the brown gunk) oxidation and not bacterial growth? you left that bit out.

Aha! Because when I reflux the solution at 150C the browning occurs after 1 hour. Nothing can survive that temperature, at least nothing common.

Same thing happends when I reflux ascorbic acid solutions. The solution browns after 1 hour instead of a few days/week, due to formation of dehydroascorbic acid. Not saying bacteria won't grow but the solution can brown in absence of bacteria. So if it browns, it may contain bacteria, or it may not but the sure thing is the products are oxidated.

Aha! Because when I reflux the solution at 150C the browning occurs after 1 hour. Nothing can survive that temperature, at least nothing common.

Same thing happends when I reflux ascorbic acid solutions. The solution browns after 1 hour instead of a few days/week, due to formation of dehydroascorbic acid. Not saying bacteria won't grow but the solution can brown in absence of bacteria. So if it browns, it may contain bacteria, or it may not but the sure thing is the products are oxidated.

why thank you very much for getting around to explaining that :) much appreciated, indeed.

i need help bruhs i literally wasted a 100 pill bottle of ac&c. like today i did an extraction of thirty pills in 50ml then did a second wash with 20ml. got 57.5ml all together after filtering, mixed with five alive and felt absolutely nothing. i don't know what i'm doing wrong there was definitely codeine since it was so bitter. the closest to being high i felt was feeling warm in my stomach but in this case nothing at all. really need help pls.

edit:
also i tried many methods normal cwe (30 pills worth)
chromic cwe(30 pills worth)
and the syringe method(30 pills worth)

also sometimes my solution would freeze because my freezer is set to -15. may this be the problem? should it be set to a higher temperature so it takes more time to get cold?
or do i just have a stupidly high tolerance lol?
Old post but I thought I would respond anyway for future reference.

Paracetamol is also extremely bitter. You can grow to tell the difference between a solution of almost pure codeine and a solution tainted by higher than normal levels of paracetamol but it's not a distinction I would typically expect someone to be able to make just from reading about it on here.

You may not be an effective metaboliser of codeine. It's a genetic trait which isn't particularly uncommon. If this is the case, codeine is effectively worthless to you and always will be.

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Really great information and nearly idiot-proof instructions. I appreciate that :)

The extraction process took two hours for me. Here's what I did: I crushed up 20 of the 10/325s hydrocodone/APAP mixes (Mallinckrodt -- can't handle this in pill form) into a fine powder with a pill crusher, and stirred it into app 50ml of ice cold water. I let the mixture sit, stirring occasionally, until everything was completely dissolved. I was left with a super cloudy liquid -- but it was liquid; it was not paste-like in consistency or anything.

I poured it over a wet coffee filter for the first filtering process. It took well over an hour to drain. There was so much sediment at the bottom of the filter that I had to continually pick the glass up and tilt it to the side, so it could bypass the paste at the bottom of the filter and drain into the glass. After about an hour and a half, I finally said the hell with this, and squeezed what was left in the first filter into a second wet coffee filter. There was so much SHIT at the bottom of the filter I cannot even begin to guess at the proportion of mallies that are nothing but cut. My hands were literally covered with a baby-powder-mixed- with- water-type-paste after I squeezed the first filter into the second. It then took another half hour or so to drain through the second filter, even though I could have sworn I got out most of the sediment in the first go round.

The good news is that I ended up with a completely clear liquid -- it looks just like water, and has the same consistency (though not the same taste!). Another pleasant surprise -- I thought I must have wasted a bunch of the liquid with my impatience, but when I measured it out, I had 45ml of extracted liquid. Since I started with slightly less than 50ml of water, it seems that I lost little to no water from the process. So, my questions regarding this part of the process are 1)is it normal to take this long to filter? 2) Is there anything I should be doing differently to speed up the process? 3) Mallies have a TON of extraneous shit in them! (okay, not a question, but the amount of cut was ridiculous).

Now, I've got nine teaspoons (45ml) of extracted liquid. Given the number of pills I used, I figure that each teaspoon represents about two thousand grams of hydrocone, less whatever was lost in the process. I usually take between 2-3 norcos when I wake up, depending on how stiff and painful I feel. So, I took a teaspoon and a half upon waking today. I got a brief, very intense 'high' thirty minutes after taking it that blasted my pain out of this world. But .. it was completely gone in less than two hours and the pain was back. Since I make a point to never dose less than four hours apart, the brevity of the extract's effectiveness is a problem for me.

Also, I was very depressed and anxious "coming down" from the extract, which has never, ever happened to me with hydrocodone before. Two hours ago, I took two teaspoons of the extract along with a 10 ml valium. I was floating! I mean, I had this super-intense, but pleasant high for --again -- about an hour and a half. Now, I'm just kind of feeling like the pain is returning and I'm a little depressed again. I'm thinking that I just need to take some regular norcos now, but I'm a little concerned, given that I just dosed with the extract two hours ago. Anyone else experience the extreme transience of effectiveness with this extract? How do others deal with it? Thanks, again to all!

WTF are you rattlin' on about ?
20 x 10 mg's of hydrocodone = 200 mg's
9 teaspoons = 20 mg's + (hopefully) per teaspoon
How did you come up with two thousand grams of hydrocodone fer cryps sake...???