• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Ive tried this a few times with ibuprofen 200mg + codeine 12.8mg. Even with 20 tablets through combos of shirts or coffee filters I've never had close to the same effect as just eating 10 tablets straight up.
Has anyone got any techniques for improving the yield of codeine from a CWE? It seems that doing a pre squeeze through a shirt to get most of the thick gluggy stuff out is the best for a short time frame but I'm just not getting a great kick out of the output.

Aspirin won't gunk quite as much as ibuprofen and much less than acetaminophen. Your best bet with what you have is to perform a recrystallization. Just be sure you filter afterwords while it is cold.
Picture 1.png
Note that in that diagram the "insoluble cut" represents the less polar NSAID.

Ive tried this a few times with ibuprofen 200mg + codeine 12.8mg. Even with 20 tablets through combos of shirts or coffee filters I've never had close to the same effect as just eating 10 tablets straight up.
Has anyone got any techniques for improving the yield of codeine from a CWE? It seems that doing a pre squeeze through a shirt to get most of the thick gluggy stuff out is the best for a short time frame but I'm just not getting a great kick out of the output.
Seconded, it takes like 20 8mg pills to get high CWE'd but if i took like 10 whole pills i would still get around as high...

EDIT: The pills contain 8mg codeine, 300 APAP and 15 caffeine

That method is for APAP compounds, and is designed to maximize purity and minimize APAP content. It is NOT suitable for Aspirin compounds(75-85% yield), I'll post the aspirin extraction method later on. The above method allowed to turn:

2000 mg APAP
200mg Codeine

Into:

20mg APAP
190mg Codeine

Works with extremely fine powder. Here's powder guideline assuming you know how to use a mojar properly:

# twists|extraction Yield
15|30%
25|60%
50|75%
75|85%
100|92%
125|95%
150|99%

Chunks of Tylenol won't dissolve in 2mL of water so you won't get the opiate out of those chunks.
^Refer to previous page for the asprin method...hope that answers ur question, im in agreeance about the fine powder, much better yeilds than just throwin pills into water and lettin em do thier own thing.

this whole extraction thing sounds like there is a lot of room for error for a newby. i have never tried hydrocodones before, but i just stumbled upon about 28 5/500 APAP pills. wouldn't it be safe to assume that i could just eat 3-4 pills straight up without any adverse affects given that i am not allergic to apap and will not be drinking?

r u using Tylenol #1? In Canada we can buy Tylenol #1 with 8mg of codeine 10 caffeine

r u using Tylenol #1? In Canada we can buy Tylenol #1 with 8mg of codeine 10 caffeine
I think its a generic version of that they get from Canada.

If I dont think the codeine is dissolved completely in the water but its about to freeze can I just take it out and let the rest finish at room temp?

this whole extraction thing sounds like there is a lot of room for error for a newby. i have never tried hydrocodones before, but i just stumbled upon about 28 5/500 APAP pills. wouldn't it be safe to assume that i could just eat 3-4 pills straight up without any adverse affects given that i am not allergic to apap and will not be drinking?

First up welcome to bluelight:)
secondly you may have a wee point there spanky, but this thread is dedicated to discussing proper and more efficient ways of CWE, Having said that @ the beginning of the thread is a whole lot of methods, and throught the pages also.... Homework friend;)
It's really an easy process, you could just eat 3 or 4 pills if they got like 30mg codiene (not 5mg codeine)/ 500 APAP in em, might stress the liver a wee bit, but no more than that and definitly not a good thing to be doin every day or even every other day, APAP/Iubprofen can fuck ou up bad healthwise. Imo for HR's sake that one should be CWE'in ANYTHING above 2g APAP in one dose. If was said to do it, id take my time, make sure powder was as fine as could be, and make sure its filtered proper and appears clear. should be gold, but 5mg codeine tabs sound like a waste of fucking time to me :|

I tried using a brita water filter to get rid of some of the caffeine. I read some people say it doesn't work, others say it would but I guess I had to try it for myself. I really hate having to take such a large dose of caffeine with codeine.

Anyways, I used 40 pills, 300mg tylenol, 15mg caffeine and 8mg codeine. I have a low tolerance at the moment so this would definitely be enough codeine to get me decently high. Did the cwe like I usually do, was left with a slightly cloudly liquid in the glass and a lot of white gunk on top the t shirt. Then I added some cold water to the liquid poured it inside the brita jug. I ended up with clear liquid at the bottom of the jug. Drank it and barely felt anything.

CWE question with Tylenol 3

I'm in Canada and u have read a few pages here a bit confused, must be the blonde..lol anyway I have a wack of Tylenol 3 now that 325 actetemtiphine and caffeine and 30mg codeine. Now because they have caffeine am I able to cwe and what degrees are they soluble at I take alot and am worried about my liver and thus seems to eliminate this problem any advice would be great

<censored by user (profile compromised)>

Last edited:
Today, 21:23coralreef84
CWE question with Tylenol 3

I'm in Canada and u have read a few pages here a bit confused, must be the blonde..lol anyway I have a wack of Tylenol 3 now that 325 actetemtiphine and caffeine and 30mg codeine. Now because they have caffeine am I able to cwe and what degrees are they soluble at I take alot and am worried about my liver and thus seems to eliminate this problem any advice would be great

Last edited:
Ms

Ok so i have done a bit more homework on this. So first off i am quite familiar with most opiates, been on them for pain for 15 years now i was mistaken they are T2"s whick is 15 codiene 8 caffine 325 actetemetiphine ( i apoligize for my spelling) mow i can take up to 100 mg of morphine sr crushed so im not worried about od on the codiene, now i can take 20 mg of oxycodone( perks) so im going for 200 mg o codiene or slightly above so just confirming i know what im doing, im going to take 14 pills crush them to powder, then add luke warm water stir till disovlved the take the and put itin an ice bsth the container inside ice water this wil take about 20 min to cool, then train firstthrough t shirt sqeeze to get most of it out the repeat with coffee filte and should have a clear liquid or almost slightly merk and if i wish to do so do second wash with cold water with rest of soilid matter, and the first strain may take up to an hr to strain? and im using 50 ml of water? thn drink? is there anyway to evaporate to put in capsules? ios this final product ale to be plugged? and if plugging can u use a gel cap or just liquid solution ? anybody thtcould correct this or improve on what i am going to do that would be great! as is i take 10 at a time so any ac

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Ok thank you for that info just a few q's about what u have said. First at the end there u said after doing this the total amount of Tylenol left of the 14 pills is equal aprox to half of one pill? And is coffee filters not ok? And if read mixed things on the ceiling dose of codeine?

^The ceiling dose of codeine is the amount that can be turned into morphine, not C-6-G which is theorized to be the primary active metabolite. Albeit it could be morphine which causes more of the euphoria but modern scientists are more worried about pain management than getting high ;).

As for how much is left...again the solubility of APAP means only so much can be dissolved in a certain amount of water. However you filter it out so long as the resulting solution is clear the amount of APAP will be based on its solubility.

So... I have 17 5/500mg hydrocodone, I am not opiate tolerant at the moment but that's not why i am concerned. I have an allergy to NSAIDs. I am wondering if the community thinks that I should go ahead with the extraction or not even attempt it... I am also wondering how many ml of water i should use for 4 pills. and aprox. how long it will take...... Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. THNX

Ms

so i did kin of a mixture of the procedures but think it should be fine, i know I'm sorry i keep second guessing myself on this, but what i have done is taken 18 Tylenol 2 which in 8 ca ff 15 cod 325 act et, now i was going to go with 14 but i have a really high tolerance to morphine so this is more to keep from withdrawal, i can get a iv shot of morph 10 mg and docs wonder why I'm still breathing, I'm only 5 foot 98 pound kinda crazy but sucks at the same time, sorry anyway so i did steps 1-4 but then i went with the way of filtering by just pouring the solution through 2 wet coffee filters let go through, came clear slightly yellow hue, and came out at about 30 ml, then left over night didn't know if this was good to do so just left it, the second batch i did the same but throat a t shirt the filter and was cloudy? anybody tell me why this might be and if i were to filter again through just coffee filter to get it clear will i have ruined the outcome? and am i most likely safe to try this? i usually take gravol and benedryl with it and sometimes ativian , i guess I'm just looking for some reassurance that i have done this safe at least and am i missing anything major ? also the dreaded itch any suggestions on this? and whats the deal with grapefruit juice does it actually work, i have heard that it makes it kick in faster, and in turn makes itching worse any truth to this, really appreciated any answers, and apologize if I'm being a pita(pain in the ass) just dint want to do something stupid, and end up dead thanks