• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

If I did a 40 mg experience, on tonight, a Tuesday, would tolerance mess with a DOC trip this weekend? (As an aside - I'm working with a new batch of DOC and it seems to be less potent than another batch I still have, so it would likely be around 3 mgs, maybe a touch more.)

What sort of timeline should I expect? Sleep disturbances? Earliest I could probably cap anything up would likely be around 4:30 today, and generally sack out around nine; is my plan just bad and I should wait a little longlier until a better opportunity arises?

EDIT: was a long day and I finished reading this thread. Didn't do it due to possible tolerance issues.

Last edited:
What does 5-APB normally taste like? I've got some very brown looking, earthy powder that tastest rather sour than bitter. Is that common?
It is the hydrochloride, so from what I know, no acid excess should be present. Acetone seems to be unable to dissolve the brown impurities.

Last edited:
I just received some 5-APB. I think I will try 50mg oral as a first time with this RC. I have a previous experience with empathogen and I really really want to avoid texting everyone like I did in the past. Is this dose too much ?

Finally try only 30mg as an allergy test and to test the potential of the stuff. I feel a median mood lift and some music improvement but that's all. I think with a so little dose it's not necessary to wait many weeks before trying it again.

So this is very serotonergic a la MDAI / IAP? I get dexamph XR prescribed, so it would seem like my regular dose of that would combine great to produce a somewhat less neurotoxic MDA / MDMA ? But 6-APB can be pretty hangover-y I believe, even if that does not correspond with neurotoxicity...

Anybody combine this with an amphetamine?

So this is very serotonergic a la MDAI / IAP? I get dexamph XR prescribed, so it would seem like my regular dose of that would combine great to produce a somewhat less neurotoxic MDA / MDMA ? But 6-APB can be pretty hangover-y I believe, even if that does not correspond with neurotoxicity...

Anybody combine this with an amphetamine?

Sorry for Necromancy.

+1 to Solipsis' question. I have some 4-FA, 5-APB & Etizolam on the way. Can anyone attest to the safety profile of this?

Plan is for a night in with the GF (and talking). Does any find this has a therapeutic potential a la MDMA?

60/40 ratio of 6-APB to 5-APB in a mix is where the real magic is. I didn't find any special synergy by combining with amphetamine (Adderall).

60/40 ratio of 6-APB to 5-APB in a mix is where the real magic is. I didn't find any special synergy by combining with amphetamine (Adderall).
I've heard some extremely unpleasant trip reports. Is aborting with a benzo (etz) safe, and does it work?

I've heard some extremely unpleasant trip reports. Is aborting with a benzo (etz) safe, and does it work?

1) 60/40 is just the ratio, not the dosage in mgs. IMO I'd go very low with this, maybe even as low as 30mg 6, 20mg 5.

2) A benzo will smooth out and attenuate the trip but it won't abort it per say unless you take enough to black out. An antipsychotic like Haldol is what you want for aborting this kind of trip.

I don't know about the first one, but the second one seems to have taken stupidly high doses, and he had also drunk alcohol. No wonder he couldn't make it. Be safe and always start low and work your way up, people!

The first one did not have meth in his system. The 5-APB caused the initial screening to light up for meth - it's the same kind of testing as a cheap urine screen. He bit it from straight 5-APB AFAIK

The first one did not have meth in his system. The 5-APB caused the initial screening to light up for meth - it's the same kind of testing as a cheap urine screen. He bit it from straight 5-APB AFAIK

It can be very vasoconstrictive is some people - apparently.

At doses far lower than would be expected to cause fatal vasocontrictive effects.

Can anyone find out more info about this? I haven't been able to find anything.

Considering this drug hasn't been around for a while (in the scheme of things) and doesn't have a huge history of use, two fatalities (that I'm aware of), is not good.

Can anyone find out more info about this? I haven't been able to find anything.

Considering this drug hasn't been around for a while (in the scheme of things) and doesn't have a huge history of use, two fatalities (that I'm aware of), is not good.

Personal experience shows there isn't any issue at reasonable doses. (100-150mg total)

2 days after a very long session with multiple redose that was probably more than I should have consumed, there was what could have been vasoconstriction and/or a renin-angiotensin-vasopressin related issue (not sure because there was alcohol involved as well)

I can state however, that a marked hypothermic reaction occurred post use (24 -36 hours post use) on more than one occasion that I can attribute to the 5-APB oral thermometer measured 97.1 (36.16 C) on one occasion and 96.5 (35.8 C) on the other. It persisted for 6-12 hours and resolved without incident.

It is very easy to be more-ish with 5-APB -- a redose bumps you back to the top of the mountain -- or into orbit depending on how much you dose -- and it is VERY EASY to stay at a +2 for 24 hours, and then be 100% sober with no drug hangover (just tired) with 2-3 hours.

Dinner Plate pupils WILL OCCUR -- but during the latter half of the experience.

unlike MDMA and other substances, 5-APB dilation was highly resistant to daylight (dose dependent)

With 5-APB it is very easy to stay in control even at a +3 -- focus on a task -- almost sober -- relax and you're back to flying high

alcohol enhances lower doses

oral consumption takes 1.5-2 hours to come up -- no biphasic action

on Routes of administration that bypass firts pass metabolism there is a biphasic come-up

insufflated (if you can stand the dust in your lungs, spray saline mist up your nose before hand and gently snort small lines to minimize the dust) -- 80% in 10-15 minutes -- a little bit more hits at 1-1:15 -- HITS LIKE A TRUCK much more of a difference in intensity per dose, 50 mg = feeling like you got kissed by god for an hour

sublingual -- initial comeup-15 minutes at about 20% -- the other 80% hits at 45-1 hour

dissolved in water and plugged hits in 35 minutes at 50% and then the rest at 1 hour 15

I have consumed approximately 2 grams, maybe 4 -- there is binder and other non-active in it, and I have no way of measuring the solution (i know the binder and non active is at least 50%, so thats how I titrate so I know the max dose i could be taking and the min)

for insufflation, I actually wiped the inside of the bag with my finger and then scraped the dust onto scale, shook the bag repeated until dose -- but that shit takes too long to do regularly -- I snorted without doing that and ended up with pink bogeys made from micro-crystalline cellulose binder coming out of my nose for 2 days

the actual 5-apb will rise out of the bag like smoke if you shake and then open -- it is that fine brown = succinate

Last edited by a moderator:
In contrast to the above report, I found plugging to hit me the hardest. I also felt the same sort of "e-tarded" and emotionally labile aftermath i get from MDMA in the following days. I personally would treat this just like I would MDMA in terms of frequency of use - that is, sparingly.

Bumping for prune since this is linked to in the PD Index

I was surprised to see no posts in this thread for 5 years. Recently got to try this (and also 6-apb) and I was thoroughly impressed. 85mg had me rolling balls, much harder than 6-APB at similar dosage. About halfway in I took maybe 80mg of actual MDMA and which was pretty unnecessary.

Wish I had more, it is a really good substance.

5-MAPB is the next on my benzofuran list.

After years of this stuff around is there any consensus about toxicity compared to MDxx?

Two “benzofurans” I tried many years ago were both great, like a tripier, less push MDxx but never since got back to them and proceeded with MDxx on rare occasions. If research/strong logic imposes that “benzofurans” are safer than MDxx I would surely rather go into that direction.

Tho best “MDMA replacments” I tired were bk-MDMA (mdma light but better for parties in many ways) and αMT (being a lot more than just replacement dosed in psychedelic range).

This has seen a recent resurgence after 2 Chinese vendors began selling 5-APB mislabeled as 6-APB
PSA: 5-APB is significantly more potent than 6-APB, and you should not start with more than 80mg under any circumstances!

I was surprised to see no posts in this thread for 5 years. Recently got to try this (and also 6-apb) and I was thoroughly impressed. 85mg had me rolling balls, much harder than 6-APB at similar dosage. About halfway in I took maybe 80mg of actual MDMA and which was pretty unnecessary.

Wish I had more, it is a really good substance.

5-MAPB is the next on my benzofuran list.
How did it compare to 6-APB other than potency?
More or less euphoric, empathetic, stimulating?
Similar duration?