• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

Now, be nice, I'm new...

Ok, so I'm going down to london next weekend and the guy I'll be hitting the clubs with gets a bit pissy if I end up dragging him to an after-club 'cos I'm still off on one.

Anyway, this time I've promised to be on my best behaviour and just take 1 dose all night, so I've got 100mg of 5-apb on the way.

I haven't tried 5-apb before, and though I've ordered 6-apb before, I'm pretty damn sure that's not what I got (but that's another story), going from other's reports. Haven't tried the official pellets either. I am pretty experienced with legal highs, stretching back to the days of London Underground XXX/Jax/Devils, etc, and have a fair amount (though not recently) of experience with MDMA/E.

I'm 14st of bloke, so I don't foresee any problem with taking it in one drop, but I'd like some info on timing it right. If I were clubbing till around 5am, what time should I be taking it so it's starting to run down around that time? Does it effect the pupils and how quickly? And will there be any noticeable reason for a bouncer to refuse me entry to a club if I've taken it in advance?

Ta muchly :)

One more for the gipper!

Now, be nice, I'm new...

Ok, so I'm going down to london next weekend and the guy I'll be hitting the clubs with gets a bit pissy if I end up dragging him to an after-club 'cos I'm still off on one.

Anyway, this time I've promised to be on my best behaviour and just take 1 dose all night, so I've got 100mg of 5-apb on the way.

I haven't tried 5-apb before, and though I've ordered 6-apb before, I'm pretty damn sure that's not what I got (but that's another story), going from other's reports. Haven't tried the official pellets either. I am pretty experienced with legal highs, stretching back to the days of London Underground XXX/Jax/Devils, etc, and have a fair amount (though not recently) of experience with MDMA/E.

I'm 14st of bloke, so I don't foresee any problem with taking it in one drop, but I'd like some info on timing it right. If I were clubbing till around 5am, what time should I be taking it so it's starting to run down around that time? Does it effect the pupils and how quickly? And will there be any noticeable reason for a bouncer to refuse me entry to a club if I've taken it in advance?

Ta muchly :)

Do you really know what would work wonders for your first appearance on stage touting 5-APB? You should grind the pellets into a fine mist, wash it with mercury, toluene, ammonia and molasses. Then, roll it back into lumps of bewildering clay balloon animals that are shaded with an intricate belief system in which you can attach to your arm while standing in line waiting to get in VIP.

The clay mercury chemical balloon animals constantly fisting you giving you the effects you always dreamed of!!!

Toodles!!

Do you really know what would work wonders for your first appearance on stage touting 5-APB? You should grind the pellets into a fine mist, wash it with mercury, toluene, ammonia and molasses. Then, roll it back into lumps of bewildering clay balloon animals that are shaded with an intricate belief system in which you can attach to your arm while standing in line waiting to get in VIP.

The clay mercury chemical balloon animals constantly fisting you giving you the effects you always dreamed of!!!

Toodles!!

Well, obviously that was my first thought...

After more back to back testing with 6-apb, i've got to say i do prefer 5-apb slightly. 6-apb has more straight up euphoria and 'push' in the early part, which is nice; but i find 5-apb definitely gets trippier with the right dose. I find once i take ~150mg i get into the long-lasting tripped out effect (i stagger the dose over an hour or two - 150mg at once has made me vomit before). I takes a lot longer to hit properly than 6-apb - i find it really kicks in after a couple of hours - when it does hit it gives me a definite tripped out element - i find i'm always looking round thinking there's someone next to me but it's a cupboard or a guitar or something (i don't get this much from 6-apb; but i used to get it from old 90s pills (mda?)).

I also find when it hits even though it hasn't got as much 'push' as 6-apb, it feels more rushy and eye wobbly (but slghtly less jaw clamping). I still like 6-apb too - chopping and changing between the two for different situations is cool (i'm sure the right combo of the two would be nice too...)

Never tried either 5apb or 6apb and am planning a night out soon with a few close friends. None of us have ever tried either substance and are intrigued by its apparent music enhancement effects and its long duration.

At the minute, all of my usual sources of the 6apb tan powder are out of stock, so my choices are the 6apb official pills, or 5apb powder. Just looking for some advice on which to go for?

Also a few people have mentioned the sedating aspect of both drugs, would staying on a dancefloor for 6 hours be a problem on either of these substances?

Yesterday I had a horrible experience with 5-APB, which I bought from one of the "official" vendors.

About half an hour after oral ingestion of 70mg of the light brown powder I felt very cold and started shivering, while my body temperature was elevated and I was sweating profusely. Because I felt so cold I turned up the heating in my room to maximum and spent the rest of the trip covered in a blanket in my bed. Further more I had light to moderate tremors and some mild visual distortions (letters changing size when looking at the monitor or the screen coming nearer) and had many short blackouts, each lasting about 3 seconds. There was not a trace of euphoria, only very nasty anxiety.

So about twenty minutes later I decided to smoke a joint which helped it a bit and about nine hours after ingestion I already felt quite normal.

My uncle joined me about half an our later and we decided to smoke a joint together. This is the point where the experience gets really, really nasty. I sat down at the table in my kitchen and suddenly I had some major visual distortions, but unfortunately I don't remeber what it exactely looked like. I was anxious again and decided to stand up and walk around a bit. Suddenly I lost my eyesight and fainted only ten seconds later falling on the kitchen floor and sweeping along the pot which was standing on my cooker. Waking up some seconds later I notice that I was wet all over, which was partly because of the water which was in the pot, but mostly because I started sweating excessively. I laid down on my bed again and my uncle checked my heart beat, which was really weak and told me that I look white as chalk. My body started shivering again and I felt as cold as before. But the scariest thing was, that my body has stopped breathing on its own, so I had to regulate it. The problem was that I felt very, very tired after all and I couldn't resist falling asleep. Only about five to ten seconds later I woke up taking a deep breath and realizing I had stopped breathing. This happened about twenty times, each time being induced by an irresistible urge to fall asleep instantly. After having spent about two hours lying in bed, sitting on the bed, standing up, lying down again and so on only to prevent me from falling asleep I eventually started breathing normally again and fell asleep some minutes later.

Today in the morning I was feeling a bit drained and depressed, but nothing too bad. Fortunately those were the only after-effects I was experiencing today.
I was wondering if this was a case of mild serotonine syndrome, which I experienced before I smoked the first joint.

one of the common symptom of serotonin syndrome is headache and nausea which, form your report, you don't seem to have experienced.

The symptoms associated with Serotonin Syndrome

There are numerous signs and symptoms that can occur when the levels of serotonin within the body become too high and patients that are taking SSRIs should be aware of these symptoms. The following are the symptoms most commonly associated with serotonin syndrome:

* Hallucinations or confusion.
* Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
* A rapid heartbeat.
* The muscles may twitch or an individual may experience the loss of muscle coordination.
* Headache, chills, shivering, or goose bumps.
* Perspiring or sweating heavily.
* The pupils of the eyes may become larger (dilated).
* A feeling of extreme irritability, restlessness, or agitation.

one of the common symptom of serotonin syndrome is headache and nausea which, form your report, you don't seem to have experienced.
I forgot to mention i took a tablet of ibuprofen to help me with the headaches and smoked the joint against nausea, but after that it was okay, so actually those two symptoms weren't so strong.

Yesterday I had a horrible experience with 5-APB, which I bought from one of the "official" vendors.....

.......This is the point where the experience gets really, really nasty. I sat down at the table in my kitchen and suddenly I had some major visual distortions, ......

Sounds a bit grim as you describe it - maybe it just doesn't agree with you. I do find 5-apb quite psychedelic, especially in the later stages (it's why i like it); but maybe this 'weird' headspace isn't for you (most people in the forums seem to prefer 6-apb). I do find that there is a longer come-up with 5-apb, and the first hour or two can feel a touch 'anxious' (more the 'anxiety' of waiting for it to kick in really); but with a high enough dose (for me, 125-150mg) this soon gives way to a long-lasting tripped out hit which i find very nice (less straight up 'euphoria' than 6-apb, but a bit more trip 'magic' - ymmv).

I don't know if you mean that the "visual distortions" was when it got "really nasty", but i like that bit myself. (you probably meant the sweating, fainting, breathing problems etc. - i've never had this, beyond side effects i would expect from an mda analogue).

Have you tried mda/mdma before? because they can also be physically overwhelming if you're only used to 'normal' stimulants (don't mean to patronise if you have)

After taking 5-apb quite a bit, i'd be very surprised if you'd get anywhere near serotonin syndrome with just 70mg (unless on other serotonergic medication as well). Plus if your heartbeat was 'weak' i don't think this would be the problem.

The visual distortions I was talking about were not of "psychedelic" nature, but signs of forecoming fainting. Actually I never had those beautiful visuals like fractals, patterning and so on, which so many are talking about when using psychedelics.
I have never done MDA/MDMA, so I cannot compare to those. The same day I ordered 5-APB, I also did order 6-APB from another vendor. I think I'll give that one a chance too for comparison.

The visual distortions I was talking about were not of "psychedelic" nature, but signs of forecoming fainting. Actually I never had those beautiful visuals like fractals, patterning and so on, which so many are talking about when using psychedelics.
I have never done MDA/MDMA, so I cannot compare to those. The same day I ordered 5-APB, I also did order 6-APB from another vendor. I think I'll give that one a chance too for comparison.

Visuals from 5/6-apb or mda/mdma don't tend to be the classic paisley fractals until relatively high doses (if at all) - generally they are as you describe (visual distortion - plus at higher doses i often see things that aren't there from the corner of my eye) - i find it more psychedelic in the general headspace rather than loads of visual effects. Mda when i first did it was very physically overwhelming (rushes, sweating etc.) - this gave way to the main effect (loved up euphoria) probably because i expected it to (from all my mates who'd already done it).

I'd guess that you would have similar physical feelings if you did mda. Maybe the anxiety came from worrying about taking a new substance - this can have a large effect on the experience (with mda/mdma too): I find when i try a new RC on my own, the first go doesn't really give a picture of the effect because it's mixed with slight anxiety (will this work/kill me?), and i spend my time trying to analyse what's going on (my first go on 6-apb was a bit like this; the second go i really started to appreciate it)

Maybe you shouldn't do any of these things; failing that, you could try doing some of the 6-apb as this is a bit more 'user-friendly' in that regard (more noticeable euphoria earlier on) - you might not like that either (they are generally fairly similar). I'd also suggest trying to get some mdma (if it wasn't illegal...) and see how you like that (less physical side effects and more empathy than mda or the apbs) - although this class of substance may just not be for you.

Last edited:
I tried 115mg of 6-APB yesterday and it was a really decent experience. I was taking a long walk through the park nearby and was very happy. Really much different from my 5-APB experience. Also I noticed some more pronounced visuals like facial morphing when looking in the mirror.

a forensic psychologists POV

All I can say is: I hope to god there is never a death cos somebody mixed the 6-apb wit something (re. the excstacy crackdown in 90's uk) cos other than that or meph kids getting their hands on it, I cant see how the government could ever ban it. 1) It's non-addictive or compulsive (re. meph). 2) According to studies
its non-neurotoxic. and 3) has the love sensation factor of mdma (more empathy and compassion jus like mdma but no too far- cos I believe the seratonin to be released at a more stable rate but never so it's at a deficit with your seratonin receptors- in short not as draining to seratonin levels as MDMA therefore less chance of a "comedown" fewer immune system deficiencies in the following days due to the balanced seratonin levels but also (and I'm a forensic psychologist) 6-apb/5-apb will cause very few social problems like fights, vandelism, drunk and disorderly etc. And to be fair I can't see the meph kids catching on cos they all just want a quick sharp hit up the nostril that makes u act like a tool. However as a psychologist I believe its the compulsiveness of mephedrone (as well as the high) that makes it so easily abused by teens and younger people. Lets hope it stays that way tho and that the APB compounds manage to stay away from the meph kids cos as I say thats the only thing I can see that would give the gvt an excuse to ban it....

Fantastic post, same goes for aMT really. However Im sure there will be some catch all clause pushed through at some stage.

I took 65mgs of 5-APB with 70mgs of Methoxetamine. It was the most dissociative multi-dimensional CEV/OEV fractally fucked up (in the wonderful rainbow-y way, if that makes in sense) I have ever experienced.

It was truly unique. Euphoria better than MDMA.
I doubt I'd do it again though. My body felt "spent" many days afterwards.. but damn. That was very intense.

I took 65mgs of 5-APB with 70mgs of Methoxetamine. It was the most dissociative multi-dimensional CEV/OEV fractally fucked up (in the wonderful rainbow-y way, if that makes in sense) I have ever experienced.

It was truly unique. Euphoria better than MDMA.
I doubt I'd do it again though. My body felt "spent" many days afterwards.. but damn. That was very intense.

Wow, this sounds so incredible, but I cannot get friends with MXE, especially not in such high doses. Once tried about 50mg, which was enjoyable for about half an hour, but after this I wanted the experience to end. But took about eight more hours to do so :/ I do not have wuphoria with MXE alone, but instead I feel anxious and frightened, so maybe I could beat the anxiety with 6-APB.

Last edited:
What is the magic dose collectively for 5-apb? 70-80mg or higher? I am sad that this isn't all that club friendly.

I have only done 5-apb once and it was a thursday after a heavy 6-apb filled Saturday about 3 weeks ago. I found it much less intense and a bit dull whereas I found the 6-apb VERY MDMA like and sweet for clubbing. I also did 6-apb, albiet smaller dosage, last weekend in the same club and again had a fantastic evening of being truly fucked.

Do you think the 5-apb was not as intense simply because of my serotonin depletion after the Saturday ?

@ RatTailRiot I found 6-apb very club friendly, in fact I don't think i would take it at a house party or a more closed soical environment as some of the shit I was talking was ridiculous.

I've heard slightly mixed reviews based on 5-apb and 6-apb some say 5-apb is wayy better than 6-apb others like yourself Maziv say differently. Decisions decisions... I wish 5-methyl-mda was widely available. But, the cost of that would most likely be higher.

So, 6-apb is more expensive because it takes more to achieve an effect but a club is a proper place for it. hmm.

Comedown is hell?