• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

Just wondering whether 100mg of this will be a strong enough experience for around 5-6 hours partying at a club?

Am i better to plug this dosage as oppose to eating it to maximise effects or will it make little difference?

Just wondering whether 100mg of this will be a strong enough experience for around 5-6 hours partying at a club?

Am i better to plug this dosage as oppose to eating it to maximise effects or will it make little difference?

If it's your first time, I wouldn't do more than that. Isn't 5-apb supposed to be like 30% stronger than 6-apb? If you're worried about it not being strong enough, you could always plug half of it and redose if it isn't strong enough.

I really like this stuff - more or less similar to 6-apb, but a little more potent (i'm not sure about 30% stronger when compared with 'clean' 6-apb though). Single dose (~100mg) seems more or less similar to single dose of 6-apb (125-150mg) - though seems to take a little longer to fully hit; and it's slightly more on the 'trippy' side. When i redosed it seemed to go even more into mda territory than i've had with 6-apb - ending up quite tripped out with loads of eye wobbling niceness.

Nicer than most of the dark brown 6apb out there atm (though when you try cleaner 6-apb there's not really a lot between them). Price is a bit steep round here, but there are some sensible prices around too...

This is more like the quality of the early samples in terms of potency; (and apparently it tests black on marquis - like the famous 'second synth' samples). I definitely recognise the smell of it from the last green pellets though (sort of smells like printer ink) - rank but not as gag-worthy as the tcp. Maybe the green pellets were a mix of 5 and 6 apb (or just 5-)? (they were nice anyway).

75 + 100mg had me mashed. I didn't find it as psychedlic as 6-apb. My experience was an 8 hour body orgasm. Outstanding! :)

Is this another stay at home drug?

It seems most of the latest releases have been unsuitable for social settings for one reason or another except mpa to a certain extent (though I wouldn't touch that again).

I don't care either way actually to be honest as I pretty much enjoy taking my drugs at home the same if not more than going out though it is nice to have the option if I want a change sometime.

6-apb was too mashy to be suitable for going out though people are saying this one is a lil less so...which makes me interested in hearing its going out suitability.

Is this another stay at home drug?

It seems most of the latest releases have been unsuitable for social settings for one reason or another except mpa to a certain extent (though I wouldn't touch that again).

I don't care either way actually to be honest as I pretty much enjoy taking my drugs at home the same if not more than going out though it is nice to have the option if I want a change sometime.

6-apb was too mashy to be suitable for going out though people are saying this one is a lil less so...which makes me interested in hearing its going out suitability.
I enjoy clubbing on 6-apb. The music gives me a lift and there is great musical appreciation with this drug. It can be harder to communicate, but that depends on dose. I found I enjoyed being amongst people and had no urge to crawl into a corner and ride out the storm. aMT can do this to me at times.

Similar with 5-apb. Although I had a moment when I was seriously mashed, I never felt like I wasn't enjoying myself. Quite the contrary. Had a dirty big grin on my face most of the night and lots of people came up to me with a knowing smile, a pat on the back and an 'alright mate.' Clearer headed for me compared to 6-apb. More body high than altered headspace, although it is still quite altered!

Not sure I could just go out and be social on either substance. For me, these are very much a musical enhancement tools :) However, it seems different people react in different ways and of course YMMV.

Last edited:
been enjoying these compare/contrast reports with 5 & 6-APB. tragiclemming, could you message or email me at your earliest convenience?

I enjoy clubbing on 6-apb.... YMMV.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a sample on route.

If it makes it to me for tomorrow I'll be hitting it up as I rise and have a chill day of it in the house listening to tunes on youtube etc. maybe some drink and some weed.

Maybe its due to dosage but im noticing that their are discrepencies in peoples reports of effects. Some say that 5-apb is less mongy/trippy than 6-apb whilst others comment on the trippy aspects of 5-apb. I found 6-apb @ 115mg to be trippy and euphoric but I would have have stood out in a club as being majorly mashed. So is there some agreement here amongst those who have tried both that 5-apb produces less of the mashed/trippy state??

P.S. Sorry, terms like mashed aren't very discriptive but seems to convey how i felt on 6-apb (i.e. coach lock, captivated by what i was watching for 4 hours or so and very unco-ordinated...).

I'm not sure about the mashyness because I never found the pillets particularly mashy though others may disagree my assessment of my mashedness level, certainly there does seem to be less of a trippy aspect to 5-apb in comparison. for reference I'd find 2 of the orange pillets would be needed as a starting dose, and maybe a third later on in the night

I'm a big fan of being in the 'mashed' state. I only use these substances in a club / music setting and at most once a month. Never at home where a bottle of wine and some weed is quite sufficient!

For reference. My tried and tested 6-apb dose is 150mg + 100mg at T+3. This allows me time to adjust to the venue, music etc without putting myself in a compromised position (like lying on my back and barking like a dog because I'm too fucked to do anything else). This can be a very visual and colourful experience, complete with running dialogue in my head about the most bizarre subjects. However, dancing feels great with lots of energy and music sounds out of this world (literally). Almost like you can hear in slowmo, especially with bass heavy sounds.

5-apb I only tried once. As it was un-tested (by me) I decided to go for 75mg and then at T+3 another 100mg as I wasn't where I wanted to be. I had drunk quite a lot of wine earlier and this may have had considerable impact on the experience. There was a moment where I was really quite twated. I only recognised this when someone assked me to take a photo and I couldn't see the camera never mind point it in the right direction. My conversational skills where limited to gestures and burbling sounds, at which point I decided to go outside and take stock of the situation. At no point did I have colour enhancements or shifts. Serious eye wobbles, yes but I don't count this. My focus was on the amazing body high. Never done opiates, but maybe this is similar?? 8 hours on the dance floor and no compulsion to re-dose at all. Think I was offered MDMA a number of times, but refused politely.

I have had quite a few 6-apb trips. Not all are psychedelic but with the last couple of trips I have been able to successfully repeat the tripped out wholesomeness ;) 5-apb is a work in progress. Next time I will start on a higher dose, with a smaller booster later.

A word of warning. For me, starting with too high initial dose (200mg 6-apb) made me have a word with 'Cardinal Chunder' - I prefer to avoid these conversations. Splitting the dose over time works best for me. Second re-dose tends to have zero effect.

I might even shelf my sample for a rainy day since I really find serotonin drugs boring and only asked for a sample cos I haven't been able to get ahold of any dopa drugs.

I could really just wait as I don't get much from these experiences. Maybe when I'm really bored and nothing else going on.

I don't feel any better off for a 3 day binge on mdma I had back in summer. I was bored of it by the 3rd day; let us leave out the week+ long comedown :D.

Anyway enough of me complaining :).

I found 5apb almost the same as 6apb, however 5apb seemed to be more of a body load, and less colourfull visually. For me i don't think it 5 is better than 6, just subtely different.

I will be staying with 6apb from now on. In reply to Harambulus' point on mdma getting 'boring' after 3 days, i tend to agree with you mate, maybee the seretonin runs out after 24 hours or so, and you then need a lot of sleep to restock. There is only so much there to begin with.

5-APB Experience :v(

Today is Feb. 04, 2011 and I have just drank/consumed roughly 100mg of 5-APB. Yes I am certain that this was the correct substance after looking at quantitative analysis sheets......

I dropped this (unknown substance to me) around 8:10 pm. I have researched it and it appears to be a stimulant with mild entactogen qualities. Reviews about the onset say it comes on quite slowly and a decent reverse progression. Structurally it is of the phenethylamine and of the amphetamine class which is an analogue of MDA as well. 5-(2-Aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydrobenzofuran (5-APDB, 3-Desoxy-MDA, EMA-4)

I am focusing on breathing more freely and deliberately! Open eyed meditation. Once I start a sentence I do not want to stop. I feel like I can go on like this forever. I feel stimulated and more aware; I am not at all having hallucinatory images or OEV for that matter.

9:28 PM

Still yawning! And yawning……

I have stopped cracking my neck!! I am very excited about this!

I cannot stop moving. I am energized yet trying to sit still. Once I get moving, I cannot stop usually. OK now I feel something. I feel a shiftiness and gradual upward mobility toward something since I have no experience points with this substance whatsoever. I still feel like I have total mental clarity and control over my emotions. Slightly elevated visual disturbance. Eyes seem a little shaky and harder to focus on the screen at the moment.

Watched a documentary on Albert Hoffman tonight called ‘Hoffman’s Potion’. Humphrey Osmond was quite a central figure of the entire film. They had some GREAT footage of Aldous Huxley and L. Ron Hubbard. More importantly was Aldous. I have always found his work stimulating and progressive. Unadulterated by overwhelming societal vantage points. His makeup was particularly enriching to my reading experience.

OK

9:49 pm

Yawning. My eye focus seems lazy and unwilling to cooperate at times. I am not alarmed by this, I am just annoyed. I like being productive. I like clarity. When rushes of past tense emotions come flooding in like a waterfall out of nowhere, I seem to get a little misidentified and anxiety builds, eventually decaying me to its bitter end.

Now I feel a rapid onset. I feel slightly confused and foggy. I am still coherent on any level but cannot seem to decipher this one yet. Navigating in the dark now. I cannot seem to bring myself to the brink of the Salvia Divinorum. I try and relate on all past experiences but cannot. Sage cousin as it appears to be.
I am restless now. Body agitated and wants to stretch out end to end. I have had far more uncomfortable experiences along the way.
Stay calm, rest the mind, breathe. Stretch and keep your mind flowing at all costs. Time will eventually dictate who won. I want to crack my neck badly. I won’t do it though.

10:06 pm

Nikola Gala has graced me with his sound. Start to finish, I must say that I loved the album.

I fucking hate losing control of my own body. I hate anything that works without strict approval! I get the old saying about being a push to the adrenergic sites. I can feel elated and profoundly stimulated. This is not secondary. This is forefront and now full-blown. I can definitely feel the effects, took quite some time to demonstrate itself.

10:18 pm

Listening to Robag Wruhme – Wuppdeckmischmampflow

I want to stretch constantly. Now my words aren’t as flowing as they were 30 minutes ago. I am thinking about everything I type. Music is interesting though. Some OEV. Slightly increased body temperature noted.

I cannot stay still!

Feels ok, but distracting my thoughts at times. I don’t particularly care for the feel. It lacks substance/depth, the configuration is wrong. I get sudden urges to expel my forces outward.

10:30 pm

Hands are DRY and coarse.

10:57 pm

No more yawning. Slight elevation, I no longer want to stretch my arms off!!
Seems like I have slight pupil dilation.

12:18 am

I am energized but I am not as heavily load (bodily) as I was before. I was restless for quite some time.

This makes me stretch too much. I want to explode at times. This won’t quit!! The duration seems excessive. (1:20 am)

Never again for as long as I live. I get it but rather wouldn’t. It seems rigid and fruitless. I am writing though so I must give it some credit. I feel well gathered and concise.

Wish residuals would give way to sleep now. Some fucking GHB would do the trick!

1:30 am

I am slowly climbing down. Seems to drag out!

8:00 am

Dozed off, woke up abruptly and had a fucking terrible morning! I felt like my body was constantly fighting this substance. I truly find this uncomfortable and bodily unbearable. I feel light headed and want to faint at times. I feel like I stood up too fast for hours. My wife says that my pupils are huge! Confirmed.
Finally at around 11:30 am or noon, I can feel it release its grip.

NEVER AGAIN!! It was for me a worthless unnecessary endeavor. I hated the uncomfortableness that engulfed me and seemed to last WAY TOO LONG!!

Last edited:
^ somone else correct if i'm wrong, but the benzene ring is in all amphetamines and phenethylamines by definition; so this is no more cancer risk than any of them (like benzene, the benzofuran bit itself is carcinogenic too, but i guess it's as likely to be a problem in this compound as benzene is in any phenethylamine).

I personally really enjoy 5 and 6-apb and don't find them all that toxic feeling (whatever that means) aside from the usual md-like side effects. But i always account for being awake for at least the next 10 hours when i take it (i like the residual stimulation personally). I've taken 6apb lots of times since it arrived in august, and 5-apb thrice, and i'm not dead (or depressed or anything), so short term problems at least seem minimal (or within the usual md- range). (and (blasphemy) when dosed right, i actually prefer it to mdma myself (longer lasting and trippier) - obviously ymmv (i'm probably weird))

/also, the above report seems to have a salvia report stuck in the middle or something (or am i reading it wrong)

Last edited:
True

^ somone else correct if i'm wrong, but the benzene ring is in all amphetamines and phenethylamines by definition; so this is no more cancer risk than any of them (like benzene, the benzofuran bit itself is carcinogenic too, but i guess it's as likely to be a problem in this compound as benzene is in any phenethylamine).

I personally really enjoy 5 and 6-apb and don't find them all that toxic feeling (whatever that means) aside from the usual md-like side effects. But i always account for being awake for at least the next 10 hours when i take it (i like the residual stimulation personally). I've taken 6apb lots of times since it arrived in august, and 5-apb thrice, and i'm not dead (or depressed or anything), so short term problems at least seem minimal (or within the usual md- range). (and (blasphemy) when dosed right, i actually prefer it to mdma myself (longer lasting and trippier) - obviously ymmv (i'm probably weird))

/also, the above report seems to have a salvia report stuck in the middle or something (or am i reading it wrong)

I was a little sidetracked in my notes, about the salvia! I was going absolutely nowhere with that one. I do see the relationship to the amphetamine structures. They are actually very closely related. I have hence deleted the suggestion. I saw the furan structure in itself and is toxic and carcinogenic. I dont know if that even means anything!!

I understand stims quite thoroughly. This was a very heavy body load for me. I felt dizzy in the morning and just could not stay still for more than 5 seconds. Very uncomfortable!

Sounds like a little to high a dose kai, I had a similar uncomfy exp with mdpv today for my 1st time.

Anyhow what doses are ppl doing/would you rec?

I don't like being overloaded. I want to go through the threshold of course but not have a heavy trip/subsequent heavy c-down. So a nice medium trip.

I had 70mgs of the 2nd batch of 6-apb samples which was strong but not quite there as I recall, maybe 80 would have done it.

Dunno bout this one tho as it's spose to be stronger?

What do ppl rec taking into account the above.

not sure if thats true.
I also heard that they didnt make 6-apdb because it was illegal.
its not illegal, at least here in the uk the talktofrank website has it under legal highs usa and that annoying analog law that we due to aquire later this yea then it more than likely is

...Anyhow what doses are ppl doing/would you rec?...

I have found current 5-apb to be more potent weight for weight than current 6-apb. I found ~100mg to be a nice dose for me; with ~150 being a 'proper' dose (current 6-apb i'd need about 150 for 'nice'; up to 200 for a 'proper' dose). (i've probably got a fair bit of tolerance from 6-apb by now). At higher end, i find 5-apb more visual and mda-like (previous posters seem to find otherwise though - ymmv)

This stuff is very similar to the 2nd batch samples (e.g. black on marquis rather than purple...) - so i'd guess your estimate based on the samples would be corrrect (i.e. 80-100mg with no tolerance)

Last edited:
I have found current 5-apb to be more potent weight for weight than current 6-apb. I found ~100mg to be a nice dose for me; with ~150 being a 'proper' dose (current 6-apb i'd need about 150 for 'nice'; up to 200 for a 'proper' dose). (i've probably got a fair bit of tolerance from 6-apb by now). At higher end, i find 5-apb more visual and mda-like (previous posters seem to find otherwise though - ymmv)

This stuff is very similar to the 2nd batch samples (e.g. black on marquis rather than purple...) - so i'd guess your estimate based on the samples would be corrrect (i.e. 80-100mg with no tolerance)

Cheers.