• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

The Big & Dandy 5-APB Thread

does 5-ABP have the magic love of an MDMA trip?? also is it not to be taken if one is taking SSRI's?

does 5-ABP have the magic love of an MDMA trip?? also is it not to be taken if one is taking SSRI's?

Don't know about "the magic" but 5-APB is similar to MDMA not quite as overwhelming and a bit more physically demanding you get more doubl vision and stuff on 5-APB. I have taken it whilst on SSRIs to no ill effect as such but the 5-apb was massively less effective. On the other hand the comedown was none existent while on SSRIs but when not there was a similar 2 or 3 days of feeling a bit depressed afterwards that i get with MDMA.

The new hippyflip.

This is my first time describing a trip. In my mind there are so many things I want to share, but when it comes to transferring data in written form, I get lost in translation.

At this point, I am at the tale end of a mythical journey with MDAI & 5apb. Words cannot describe what happened the past 24 hrs but I will try to put my 2 cents so people can have some kind of reference.

Before describing the research let me give a background about my persona.

Up until 2005 my life was just another ordinary homo sapien experience. Living the life that other people dictate you to live, without having the chance to challenge it.

Then one night in June 2005 I get introduced to the Gift of the Gods called MDMA. Between that night and January of 2011 my experiences were a little bit less intense than the Trainspotting blokes had felt. Endless parties, festivals, raves, sleep deprivation, revelations similar to St John in Patmos (i think he found some shrooms laying around when he was hungry). Roller coaster rides depending on the level of seretonin in my system was all that was really going on.

Because of my religious background, my research with chemicals quickly jumped from the let's go rave attitude to the wow I can finally meditate while on this treat mode. Then another magic night in 2008 I spontaneously have a kundalini rush. I never had a guru. I never was able to meditate sober. It just happened. I didn't force it. I didn't even know that subtle energies like this even exist. From that point I started realizing that life wants to share some really good secrets with me. Tantric Sex. Multiple Orgasms. OBE experiences. My main objective was to get to these dimensions absolutely sober. With dedication. With hard work. And without the amplifier.

So in January of 2011 I closed the rave chapter of my life and moved to the other side of the pond. I knew I needed drastic measures to cut the addiction of music and it's ideology, so I went against all the odds and moved back to Greece when everybody was migrating from her. Got married in May and simply cleaning my guts from the toxins this whole year. This "detox" program had it's positive effects with opening Kundalini avenues that only with the assistance of chemicals I could achieve beforehand.

But the devil in me always craved the naughty American Rave experience. Most of the nights I would have lucid dreams of raving it with my friends from far away. The dreams were so intense that I would wake up thinking that I am rolling. I knew that it would be bad news to start associations with the Techno scene in Athens so I just let the universe bring the Gift of the Gods back at me.

I never believed that a courier guy would bring the Manna till my doorstep but it happened. Somehow 10 days ago I got into forums about RC's and after doing my research I made the decision as to who will give me the sacrament. It wasn't from the "5 officials" but the reputation of this establishment just standed out.

So yesterday at around 9:30 am my manna from the UK came knocking on my door.

I researched 200mgs of MDAI and just let the universe play it's game. This was around 0930in the morning.

Let me send this before my computer crashes.

Last edited:
Wow, I was enthralled, so that was a bit of an anticlimax :)

I am also particularly interested in the approximately 50:50 5-APB/6-APB combos, more so making the combo yourself with powder, as opposed to pellets that some places are putting forward as the ideal mix.

Given the amount of poly-drug use that is (frankly unfortunately) discussed on this site, especially it seems when experimenting with substances the experimenter is not too familiar with, I am surprised that there is not more information on this combo, which from my mind is a sensible and natural combo to gravitate towards. Much like the legendary MDMA/MDA combos of times gone by.

What is it like? Is it better than either of them on their own? So far, from this thread at least, it seems set and setting are basically determinative of which is better, the 6 or 5. It seems like the 6 is the harder hitter and the more club orientated and the 5 is potentially the more beautiful.

People I know have found the 6 to be very trashy, like you are simply too visibly effected by the substance to be in public. These were doses of about 130 to 140mg of powder in a capsule. Is this simply too much for a club environment and would a dose closer to 100mg be preferred?

What is clear is that there is a long come up, that much is certain. The pellets are understandly even worse. It is much longer than MDMA or MDA.

The other matter I am curious about is what form the most commonly supplied 5/6-APB comes in. Is it the chemical itself straight up (I have no idea if this is a solid a room temperature, I would guess not, which would answer the question) or is it in salt form like MDMA normally is and if so what salt - e.g. MDMA HCl.

The reason I ask is many people have said snorting is no good and plugging is no better. If it is not in salt form then this fact would completely explain this outcome and frankly snorting or plugging would be a complete waste. If a substance does not very readily, like fantastically, dissolve in water then snorting and plugging should not be attempted. Snorting will not properly absorb and who knows what issues this might cause. Swallowing the drip is the best outcome you will get. Plugging just won't absorb the substance at all and you will just simply expel your precious APB down the S-Bend the next time you sit on the toilet. This is even if it is a long time afterwards.

Finally, it still amazes me that people compare both of these substances to MDMA. The reality is, the chemical structure is very similar to MDA, bar one slight modification, and not MDMA. And the actual pharmacological/physiological/psychoactive etc etc effects are more similar to MDA imo. I don't believe this is a coincidence. It plainly isn't. So the question is, when will we see some N-methyl-5-APB or 6-APB being made, because I believe that substance will share very similar properties with MDMA, as these substances seem to share with MDA.

Last edited:
phytagoras, dude, that was one captivating message :) you cant let it end on that note! :)

also, maybe you should be putting this in the Trip Reports section, it seems more fit there. Big and Dandy threads are used more for small questions and short reports than stories of this size. Those get more appreciation on the other forum.

best of luck.

on the 5+6apb combo... last time i did 5apb, there was little i felt the 5 was bringing to the table to really make it worthwhile. there is just something really taxing on my body from that chem, in exhcange for little.

continuation of previous thread:

So as I said around 0930 I researched 200mg of MDAI.
Around 1015 definately feeling it. A gradual come up with the body buzzing. Around 1100 it feels I reached a good level. Not energetic or ready to hit the dancefloor but just good. At 1120 I get the feeling that I reached a climax in terms of effects. Also judging by the reports I read I knew this was going to be about it.

So I give the researcher 100mg of 5-APB at 1130. It had a very strong Iodine taste. Tan Brown with little rocks in it.

Around 1200 the researcher is feeling it. I would put the effects cto something between 2CI and MDMA. Optical distortions but nothing crazy. No fractals or dimensions upon dimensions but the floor was definately wavy. Body buzz
was out of this world. It's been 6 months since my researcher tried the Gift of the Gods and it seems it was well worth the wait.

Around 230pm my wife shows up from work. Her reply after she looks at my face. "I don't know what that stuff from UK was, but you are looking beautiful." "Welcome to Manna my dear." was my reply.

At 6pm the research conitued. Another 75mg of 5-apb.

Another come up with a great body load. Mild sound distortions. Music is greater than ever. Nice body load with explosions of energy and euphoria. Like the old-school MDMA treats.

At 11pm drank a shot of Whiskey and took some Valerian Root to wind me down.

Slept at 12pm for 6hrs and woke up definately tired but not feeling shitty.

Looks like this is the new molly. Not sure if the MDAI did all the work with the empathy but this combo is a winner.
You get the empathy and feeling goodness from MDAI and the 5-apb gives you the energy and uplifting.

I hope no idiots get this in their hands and ruin the easy access to it. Both of these substances are another gift. Mathematically they will have the same ending with 2C's or 5meo's (made illegal) but let's hope the fun can last another year or so. Get it while you can.

Last edited:
I personally didn't like 5/6-APB mix. It instead made me pretty tired. Dose was 6:5 70mg:55mg

Enjoyed 5APB - excellent alternative to MDMA, shame about the length of come-up

Just a very quick message. Fuller trip report will appear on erowid - already submitted.

Male, 62kg. Only recently rejoined this world :)

Have taken MDMA for the first time within the last few months and so I'm in a pretty good position to compare and contrast. My girlfriend, 51kg, is much more experienced but we took the same dose and had a very similar experience.

Dropped 70mg (+ or - 3mg) capsule. Took 2.5 hours to come up and reached a lovely peak about an hour or so after that. As noted, the come-up was a long process with occasional and mild glimpses of what was in store. When it kicked in, it was good.

Dropped an additional 40mg top-up (+ or - 3mg) at T+3.00 - could have done with topping up about 30 mins earlier. However, was extremely good after T+4.00. The slowing down process was remarkably smooth and I dropped off into a natural sleep at about T + 9.00. My girlfriend needed a little help transitioning and took, on our return, MXE (10mg), N20 (2 hits) and an Etizolam before feeling able to sleep.

Overall, it was a lovely experience, very similar to MDMA although I felt more lucid throughout. In addition, there is something slightly more 'pure' and 'intense' about the experience of MDMA. MDMA is rather special, is it not? :) Unsurprisingly, music and dancing was a lot of fun. Significant euphoria experienced. Enjoyable body load.

No comedown as of T+47. Only variable that I can highlight is feeling a very low-level of grumpiness (and I don't really get grumpy).

Other than that, an excellent alternative to MDMA (which I will keep for special occasions).

Best,

Shifty (drop me a line if you have any questions)

Update

Now several days since my little experiment. No appreciable signs of a negative comedown. As noted above, I was experiencing an unusual but mild form of irritation. This was present for at least a couple of days but I can't tell if that is to do with the 5APB or other general external stress - there has been plenty of that this week.

Anyway, hope this and the above post is useful.

Best,

Shifty

Pythagoras, we don't use SWIM or talking in third person like that here, it doesn't protect you at all and makes things hard to read. We also don't allow you to talk about giving drugs to animals, so your particular reference was a rather bad choice there too.. Please avoid the whole SWIM/etc thing in future :)

Nice report Shifty. You should consider posting it in our Trip Reports forum. That way people looking for reports are more likely to find it. Same for you Pythagoras, just post using "I" not "my rat" ;)

Guys I forgot what the depression is like on this.

Im hankering on another dabble in the next few months but I really do not cope well with 'suicide tuesdays' any more- they are just out of the question for me these days. I found 6-apb even at 100mgs to give me that desperate depression tuesday (after ingesting friday) and throughout the week when I took it a few weeks back.

Since I have taken 5 a few times and the depression factor doesnt stick out in my mind like the awful depression I had on 6 I'm guessing it isnt so bad or I'd have remembered it as with the 6.

If 5 does the same I won't bother. I want something like a dari but for serotonin as I notice daris dont give me depression- coke does but that also does serotonin which is prob why. mdppp man how fucking smooth! that shit is you just piss a cpl times and you feel chipper as a lamb after :).

Now obviously SSris I could get from the doc but I dont know if they would be too recreational :). plus the half life is too long for my tastes.

I want a very moderate serotonin booster to compliment the lovely moderate dari buzz of mdppp. I'm thinking mdai reading the reports of that but unsure what the comedown is like?

Basically i dont wanna go that high (on either side dopa and serotonin) and subsequently want a gentle glide back to base.

Harambulus, we can't tell you "what to take", we can answer questions about MDAI, MDPPP etc but in the appropriate threads rather than the 5-APB thread.

Also, how often have you been taking 6-APB/5-APB? With these kind of drugs the comedowns are often much easier going provided you space your doses out and avoid taking other serotonin releasers during each break.

5-apb makes me feel sick for approx 3 days after. There is also depression and throbbing headache with 5-apb. Now 5-apdb was soooo much better than 5-apb in this regard. 5-apdb feels much cleaner and easier on the body.

Hmm, cheers.

I barely take drugs at all now and my usage is almost exactly quarterly....so no fear of losing magic in that regard.

I do however often get morbid pits of depression which makes it very precarious for me to take these serotonin depleters hence why I like to do my research first.

astenu what doses were you taking to exp those effects. For me for both 5 and 6 100mg is way too much for me. Even 80mg was a bit overwhelming with 5. Trouble last time tho with 6 was I took 50 and that wasnt really getting me high properly even tho I waited ages- like two hours after the peak. I took the other 50 and then that was a good buzz ie not too overwhelming I think cos I spaced it- but gave me crushing depression the next week so not worth it at all for me.

I think my main question is if these substances can be taken without depleting your serotonin whilst still giving a decent effect. From my studies with 6 I'd say no. 5 seems more lenient in that regard from my other experiments with it.

As I say 5 I cant recall this having done to me. The time I took 80 mgs I remember it just wore off pretty much and I was good to go out the next night something which is usually out of the question having takes a strong chemical the day before. Anyhow the midweek depression is the real test for me but as I said I don't remember it.

Just weighing it up in my mind. We'll see. I think Ill hold out for mdai as that seems more of the pedestrian trip Im looking for.

I know just what you're talking about with the banging headache when I have taken to much of either I've just been in disphoria rocking around manically in my bed. As I said this came on for me at what others would call 'normal' doses such as 120mgs so it taught me not to trust other's recommended doses and go much lower.

Both of these are going to cause serotonin down-regulation to some extent, it's just a matter of keeping it to the right doses for you that provide the balance between a nice high and avoiding a horrible comedown. Some people tend to get worse comedowns than others, and I think that's largely due to how healthy you are, what you eat etc. I'd advise for the week or so after 5/6-APB, trying 5-HTP, tryptophan rich foods, B vitamins - and if you get any left over muscle tension then some magnesium too. Just as someone would with MDxx :)

5-apb makes me feel sick for approx 3 days after. There is also depression and throbbing headache with 5-apb. Now 5-apdb was soooo much better than 5-apb in this regard. 5-apdb feels much cleaner and easier on the body.

what doses are we tlaking here?

As stated above Im wondering if I could avoid such bad effects since i only plan on taking a very modest dose by most ppls standards. Most seem to START at 100mg + which is way to much for me right there.

even 70 was a bit much.

50 of 6 is a little low tho so i think 60 might be a sweet spot with mdppp in the mix. if its not i will have thrown in the towel with these particular serotonin chems.

Both of these are going to cause serotonin down-regulation to some extent, it's just a matter of keeping it to the right doses for you that provide the balance between a nice high and avoiding a horrible comedown. Some people tend to get worse comedowns than others, and I think that's largely due to how healthy you are, what you eat etc. I'd advise for the week or so after 5/6-APB, trying 5-HTP, tryptophan rich foods, B vitamins - and if you get any left over muscle tension then some magnesium too. Just as someone would with MDxx :)

Agreed. Managing to give your body the right nutrients manages to counterbalance the low dopamine & seretonin left in your body.