• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think Hydrocodone is better than Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont one of these Pharm companies come out with Hydrocontin? A simple pill like Oxycontin but with hydrocodone w/o the garbage apap. We all know that the tylenol does help fight the pain better in your body when mixed with hydrocodone but there needs to be a hydrocodone pill with strictly hydrocodone by itself.

Because there would be too much competition (they already got Oxycontin, MSContin, Fentanyl patches, etc). Plus, you know the abuse would just replace Oxycontin and it would be even worse. Doctors would think hey let's switch the patients to Hydrocontin because hydrocodone is less addictive than oxycodone (which it isn't) and then you get a new epidemic of drug abuse.

Plus, the pharm companies are making billions off of Vicodin, Lortabs, Lorecet, Norco's, etc. Schedule III - easier to prescribe, the pharm companies love it.

I think doctors like Hydrocodone/combo specifically because it is a Schedule III drug and HydroContin would be just another Schedule II narcotic.

Maybe they'll shuffle the scheduling specifically so pharm companies can have a new category in which to sell CIII drugs.
I would like to see it come out - I would most likely switch to it for a pain med, I know alot of people feel this way.

Oxycodone is a lot less of a body euphoria and more of a mental dizziness feeling.

Hydrocodone on the other hand, is a very strong body euphoria.

Milligram per milligram, I think hydrocodone is far superior. Does anyone else agree?

I totally agree, couldnt have said it better myself. Some people would say we are crazy, but I already know that

I think doctors like Hydrocodone/combo specifically because it is a Schedule III drug and HydroContin would be just another Schedule II narcotic.

Maybe they'll shuffle the scheduling specifically so pharm companies can have a new category in which to sell CIII drugs.
I would like to see it come out - I would most likely switch to it for a pain med, I know alot of people feel this way.

I think you're both right, it's easier on the doctors (and the pharm companies) for it to be C-III. The only other options that aren't C-II are the codeine/APAP (Tylenol #1, #2, #3 and #4) and hydrocodone provides much better pain relief and flexibility than codeine does. It is also much more consistent in how patients react to it.

Well studies have shown that 30 mg codeine provides equal pain relief to 5 mg hydrocodone, but hydrocodone is much better tolerated because at those doses it is less sedating, less constipating, and has much less tendency to produce histamine-related effects. So hydrocodone is the preferred drug.

Once a drug is Scheduled in one category I don't believe it will be lowered. I haven't seen that ever happen. I have seen drugs go up in a higher Scheduled drug category and that was only on the state level, not federal. For instance, Soma is a Schedule IV drug in AZ and some other states but federally its not a Schedule drug. I know some controlled substances have increased to Schedule I drugs. But never go down.

TFMPP was placed in Schedule I via emergency scheduling and then de-scheduled. That's the only example I can think of off the top of my head, however.

[Source]

I'm not sure on this, but I believe at one point amobarbital was CII, but now it's CIII.

Marijuana is about to be down-scheduled, it "effectively" was when they made dronibinol CIII.
I'd wager that MDMA will be put into CII or higher (hopefully) in the next 10 years.

I think this is a bit different because there is already precedent of Hydrocodne being sold in certain preparations as a CIII - even when the same prep is used with Oxycodone (percocet) it is still CII, so, for the sake of profit and convenience, I think they will change the scheduling guidelines for products with hydrocodone rather than re-scheduling the whole shebang.

You and you giant brain NT. I read the post before yours and was typing out TFMPP as my response.

It's only because I was reading about piperazines earlier today and remember reading about TFMPP's strange legal status. ;)

I seriously doubt any opiates have undergone such a change, however, as K'd-OUT mentioned.

I'd wager that MDMA will be put into CII or higher (hopefully) in the next 10 years.

We can certainly hope, along with mushrooms and LSD. All three of those drugs have legit medical usage and should not be Schedule I.

I think this is a bit different because there is already precedent of Hydrocodne being sold in certain preparations as a CIII - even when the same prep is used with Oxycodone (percocet) it is still CII, so, for the sake of profit and convenience, I think they will change the scheduling guidelines for products with hydrocodone rather than re-scheduling the whole shebang.

Good point, I never really understood why hydrocodone/APAP combination products are C-III and Percocet / similar oxycodone/APAP preparations have always been C-II...

I'm not sure on this, but I believe at one point amobarbital was CII, but now it's CIII.

According to the DEA Drug Scheduling page Amobarbital is a Schedule II drug but with ephedrine it is Schedule III. That's what I read.

Idk much about hydrocodone but i do know oxymorphone is way stronger than oxycodones. A 15mg oxymorphone is twice as strong as a 30mg oxycodone. > removed prices <

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend here in Canada gets time released hydrocodone pills I don't think they are made by vicodin but they are pretty good I snorted and smoked one one time looking back I wish I just popped it but I was a dumb kid who thought snorting/smoking was the best ROA

****NOTE -- I can no longer find the post that I'm quoting, since logging in, but this is what was said, and my reply --

I think oxy and morphine are much the same mg/mg but everybody is different, I only had Hydrocodone once I took 150mg , no nod and serious histamine reaction so it put me off that shit, although I definitely believe it was not Hydrocodone.

I hope you realize that you could have destroyed your liver or killed yourself by taking 150 mg hydrocodone, and NOT just because the opioid (hydrocodone) part of the drug was large enough to cause an OD in somebody with a limited tolerance to opioids.

Hydrocodone does not come in 150mg strength -- the highest dose per pill is 10mg, as far as I know. If so, you'd have to take fifteen 10mg pills to reach a dose of 150mg. In most formulations, these pills contain not just hydrocodone, but also 325mg to 750mg of Acetaminophen, which is the generic name for Tylenol. Drugs with this formulation include Norco, Vicodin, and Lortab.

Acetaminophen is a dangerous drug. Acetaminophen/Tylenol overdose is the leading cause of liver failure worldwide. In the U.S. alone, government studies have found that Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause for calls to Poison Control Centers (>100,000/year) and accounts for more than 56,000 emergency room visits, 2,600 hospitalizations, and an estimated 458 deaths due to acute liver failure each year. Other stats say Acetaminophen causes 113 to 300 deaths per year in the U.S. Statistics vary due to such things as not having had an autopsy performed; instances in which the person has ingested a combination of potentially harmful drugs; the way an agency tallies such numbers; and other factors.

Because of the Acetaminophen danger, pain pills that contain Acetaminophen are now limited to having no more than 325mg of the drug. The amount of Acetaminophen is found on the prescription label (you'll see the term, "APAP.") Besides this, at least 400 prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs contain Acetaminophen, and many OTC preparations still provide larger quantities such as 750mg to 1,000mg of Acetaminophen per recommended dose. Accidental overdoses often result when people combine such drugs; one of my friends died from a cocktail of OTC cold and flu medications. If someone who takes pain pills is also using OTC remedies for a cold or the flu, they could easily suffer an accidental overdose of Acetaminophen.

As little as 4,000mg can Acetaminophen/Tylenol can cause severe damage to your liver, liver failure, or death, especially if it's combined with alcohol. If you took fifteen 10mg hydrocodone pills that each contained just 325mg of Acetaminophen/Tylenol, then you ingested 4,875mg of Acetaminophen, which was extremely dangerous. Depending on the formulation of the drugs and when you took that dose, the amount of Acetaminophen you consumed may have been much higher.

I suggest you go to the doctor and have your liver tested, to see if you have caused permanent liver damage. Others who take large numbers of hydrocodone pills that contain Acetaminophen, or who take a variety of cold and flu remedies, should also heed this warning.

For me, hydrocodone works way better than oxycodone. I don?t know why. I know that oxy is stronger, but I guess people react differently to different chemicals. I imagine it?s best just to go with what works best for you. Hydrocodone makes me happy, euphoric and very social and engaging. Oxy makes me introverted and anxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.