• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think Hydrocodone is better than Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
Oxycodone is a lot less of a body euphoria and more of a mental dizziness feeling.

Hydrocodone on the other hand, is a very strong body euphoria.

Milligram per milligram, I think hydrocodone is far superior. Does anyone else agree?

the only thing i like better about hydrocodone is that it knocks me out oxy keeps me awake all night if i take it later in the day. but mg for mg i find oxy to be stronger but everyone is different and some of my friends like hydro better

I disagree milligram for milligram, but I like the high of hydrocodone much more.

It's much more sedating, I just have to eat more then oxycodone (about 120mg hydro or 90mg oxy).

I think hydrocodone is a lot more sedating/calm than oxycodone. On Hydrocodone, on a high dose I can catch a great nod.
I like oxycodone better, because it gives a great feeling inside my chest, and
it's also like a stimulant to me beleive it or not. I've never nodded on oxy, and never
felt like I wanted to nod on oxy. oxy gets me up and running in the same way that
adderall does.

Oxycodone is indeed a stimulating chemical, and hydrocodone is a potent opioid no matter what people tell you. If hydrocodone without APAP was as easily obtained as oxycodone then I would prefer it much more.

/\ yes it deffinately is, It's crazy how long it took me to realize that oxy is stimulating, just like how it took me forever to realize that pure mdma was sedating..

MDMA is hardly sedating. On topic I would probably prefer hydro if cost and potency wewre not an issue. But of course they are. I'm happy to take those OP's no one likes for dirt cheap.

I uses to abuse hydrocodone or oxycodone twice a week in highschool. So I was able to experiment at varying doses of both drugs with no real tolerance.

Everyone says oxy is the shit, and I loved it, but the euphoria from railing an oxy was no different to me than the euphoria from popping some Lortabs.

And unlike what others say, I find both hydrocodone and oxycodone to be stimulating. For me there is a direct link between euphoria and energy/sociability.

I find both stimulating in the sense that I'm talkative and feel down to do things, but physically both make me feel very tired. And if I find myself sitting down not doing anything, I end up nodding

Always wanted to try Hydrocodone. In Canada here we have Hycodan. 5mg Hydrocodone Tablets without any APAP or anything else in them. I think I might ask the doctor for some of those next time I see him. I've spoken to a few doctors where I live and they both tell me that Hydrocodone is stronger than Oxycodone. I am trying to find out myself, on the narcotic conversion chart it states Hydrocodone stronger as well. Strange, as I always thought Oxycodone was stronger. I think possibly lots of people think that Oxycodone is stronger just because it comes in OxyContin, and there is nothing like "HydroContin".

^ ^
i always remember reading that oxy was stronger than hydro? You sure about that, even on the scales

Oxy is stronger than hydrocodone. If you were to catagorize them it would be codine, then hydrocodone, then oxycodone. And for a lot of people, in my experience, when they start taking opiates they are stimulating...its once you become an addict and you need them to function that they start to sedate you. Although it seems no one talks about this but if you do like to nod, take hydro 10's and soma's together (definetly better than benzos)and you will be better off than slamming 3 OC 80's.

I would say that

30 mg oxycodone = 40 mg hydrocodone

I prefer hydrocodone. More positive happy feeling and far, far less depression when you w/d from hydrocodone.

^^^^ yes yes yes, and yes to the 4 posts above me...oxy is def stronger then hydro...there also would be a better debate if there was a readily available hydro pill with no APAP. but then I still think oxy would come out on top

although i found oxycodone much mroe physically and socially stimulating, I can vividly recall
my first semester at state college, I would pop 7 10mg vicodins at my GF's house then drive across the street to school, and once they would kick in i'd be in the library working out equations with such enthusiasm and vigor, and cognitive sharpness.

To any one, I highly recommend hydrocodone and oxycodone as a study/test drug. Good substitute for adderall, except that they are both physically addicting..

only been able to do oxy a couple of times good body high and stimulating dont really remember nodding off to much. imo i prefer the sedation/nod of hydrocodone.

To any one, I highly recommend hydrocodone and oxycodone as a study/test drug. Good substitute for adderall, except that they are both physically addicting..

I severely disagree with this. Hydrocodone in particular makes me extremely tired, and makes me just want to chill and do nothing. You say "to anyone" but you should really think about saying something like that, especially if the person reading this isn't familiar with the usual side effects of opiates. The idea of opiates being a good substitute for amphetamines just sounds really backass. I do agree that oxy is more stimulating than hydro, but probably because hydro usually puts me to sleep pretty fast.

I took hydro every day for years and now oxy every day since last May. I prefer the hydro for the high happy feeling it gives me. However there is something about the oxycontin I prefer over the hydro. Crazy sounding I know. Probably because I have such a tolerance to the hydro I have to do a cwe on about 14 narco. so if I had to choose between to two I would rather stay on the oxycontin but the hydro high is better.

I severely disagree with this. Hydrocodone in particular makes me extremely tired, and makes me just want to chill and do nothing. You say "to anyone" but you should really think about saying something like that, especially if the person reading this isn't familiar with the usual side effects of opiates. The idea of opiates being a good substitute for amphetamines just sounds really backass. I do agree that oxy is more stimulating than hydro, but probably because hydro usually puts me to sleep pretty fast.

I totally agree PC

If anyone starts to use hydro/oxy to study they will end up NEEDING it before they can study, or do anything for that matter.

Hydro is def more sedative. But I also caught a nice long nod on oxy last night.

-oc

Status
Not open for further replies.