• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think Hydrocodone is better than Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hydrocodone would be more of an enjoyable opiate for those who enjoy the sedation of opiates. Oxycodone is more of an energy boost. I also find Oxycodone to be more euphoric however its easier to get a good nod on Hydrocodone.

Haven't had the pleasure of trying oxycodone...

Got a decent amount of euphoria from hydrocodone when i first started taking it. I can't get high more than two days in a row tho.. It stops working for me. I guess i have a high natural tolerance...

Need a minimum of 30mg hydrocodone to experience euphoria, which is somewhat stimulating.. small doses are very stimmy for me. I can't sit still or focus on anything in particular. Doses above 30mg are more sedating vs stimulating tho

I like the high but my brain vastly prefers morphine but prefers hydrocodone to codeine (which barely does anything except make me itchy as hell and tired)

Haven't had the pleasure of trying oxycodone...

Got a decent amount of euphoria from hydrocodone when i first started taking it. I can't get high more than two days in a row tho.. It stops working for me. I guess i have a high natural tolerance...

Need a minimum of 30mg hydrocodone to experience euphoria, which is somewhat stimulating.. small doses are very stimmy for me. I can't sit still or focus on anything in particular. Doses above 30mg are more sedating vs stimulating tho

I like the high but my brain vastly prefers morphine but prefers hydrocodone to codeine (which barely does anything except make me itchy as hell and tired)

Well even back in the day when 30 mg of hydrocodone actually did something for me, I got a sedating high off of it. Hydrocodone is a very euphoric opiate for those first starting and those who have only a moderate or casual use of opioid drugs. I personally find it more euphoric than oxycodone, which I find similar, but not as sedating and overall not as long lasting.

Above 30 mg, below 30 mg I always had a sedating high with hydrocodone. So if you are finding it "stimulating" at that dose then you'll likely find it "stimulating" at any dose as your tolerance level goes up.

I love hydrocodone, but it's unfortunate that it always comes in formulations loaded with acetaminophen, aspirin, or ibuprofen. Oxycodone is slightly more potent and comes as a single agent, so it's more practical for more serious/heavy addicts.

^Yea, hydrocodone didn't seem all that euphoric or sedating after i'd had morphine :/

Small doses of opiates have always stimulated me to move around/work etc.. I guess it's just my brain chemistry cause i'm not exactly huge, at 54kg

Based on my experience: I prefer hydrocodone with the addition of amphetamine salts and clonazepam. That triple cocktail was great for studying, programming, etc.

I do find hydrocodone to be more sedating than oxycodone, but when I consumed oxycodone recreationally I would take ~20-40mg (w/o tolerance) and smoke some cannabis. That would have me lying on the bed with that interesting 'stimulation' you guys have discussed, but I preferred to just lie there for hours and listen to music. I didn't have much desire to 'do' anything. Granted I didn't take amphetamine or another stimulant in conjuncture.

I enjoy both both I need more hydrocodone if I want to feel a similar high. I think the reason I slightly prefer oxycodone is due to the stimulation and I enjoy amphetamines. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good nod. Mmmm...thinking about some IV Morphine lately, sounds tasty.

I get agitated if I CWE hydro and take more than about 30 mg.. I can take around 50 mg of oxy and be cool as a cucumber

Have to agree with the OP here. Oxy is great, but it gives me a scattered energy that's not as euphoric as hydro. I'd even prefer codeine to oxycodone, as codeine feels closer to the hydro high when taken at higher doses. Here's how I'd rank the opiates I've tried:

1. Hydrocodone
2. Codeine
3. Oxycodone
4. Dihydrocodeine
5. Poppy pods
20. Propoxyphene. Blech.

I prefer hydrocodone & codeine over oxycodone. First month I was on hydrocodone was some nice euphoria. I still get some euphoria off it when I up my dosage. Ive gotten the best euphoria off of codeine believe it or not. Oxycodone was the lightest form of euphoria of any opiate I ever tried but definitely the most stimulating.

I am prescribed 30mg oxy and 10mg hydro and I mix them but I do think hydro makes me more sleepy so when i wake up its a 30mg oxycodone, cig, and coffee or I cant get going.

for me its weird. i just started takinng opiates, and one time i took 15mg hydro and got very good euphoric sedating effects. another time about 1 or 2 weeks later i took 15mg oxycodone. it felt like 10mg of hydro. warm and somewhat sedating. but everyone says oxy is more "energetic" which is what i was hoping for. its strange because everyone says oxy is more potent but i feel i need to take more oxy than i do hydro. im planning on taking 20mg of oxy this weekend. hopefully ill feel that energetic feeling.

I absolutely loved codeine when I was still a baby addict (back when I first started using opiates in 1999). It was such a great high, but as soon as my tolerance went up and I went on to Vicodin, Percocet and others - codeine lost its magic. That was very tragic. :p

^Yea, hydrocodone didn't seem all that euphoric or sedating after i'd had morphine :/

LoL, of course not. Morphine is heroin's twin, of course hydrocodone would pale in comparison. All opioids pale in comparison, IMO.

occasionally when i nod after taking some hydros i wake up scared out of my mind, but other than that i like hydrocodone better because i love nothing more then laying down for hours doing nothing

currently, a 2:1 ratio of hydro to oxy blend is my fave. (with a bit of alcohol and with a few tramadols a few hours before)

i got to the point of taking ten plus hydro tens way to much tylenol

and the effects didnt last but a few hours opposed to oxy which kept me str8 all day

William S Burroughs (Junky, Naked Lunch) had a similar theory about the oxy (absence of double bond) family of drugs i.e as well as the obvious euphoric effects their appears to be a stimulating effect. These is more apparent to the opioid naive user in lower doses. Many see these same effects, albeit on a reduced scale with codeine and dihydrocodeine (DHC). And there is the same arguments from those who observe this effect and those who don't. Amazingly the jury is still not convinced about the agonist contributions of the main metabolite of DHC, Dihydromorphine (DHM). This drug is about 100 times as potent as DHC and slightly more potent than morphine witha longer duration of action. In a usual dose (30mg) it is generally agreed that the amount of DHM metabolised is negligible from a pharmacological viewpoint. What about higher doses? Much higher doses as seen with non-medical uses? Does the conversion ratio follow a linear relationship?
Or are the different subjective effects noted related to variations amongst population genotypes who exhibit differences in their hepatic cytochrome enzymes responsible for the metabolism of these narcotics lacking a double bond?
No one seems to know and further study in these areas can't be justified for such an old drug which appears to have been studied enough.
I know I get a bigger bang for my 60-90mg DHC buck that I get on lousy codeine.

Yes, hydrocodone is the better drug. But it sucks in that it always comes in formulas and compounds loaded with other drugs such as APAP, ASA, and ibuprofen.

Even the cough syrups are mixed with other drugs. Man, in Canada their Hycodan comes with ONLY hydrocodone bitartrate 1mg/ml - I've had many a bottle. The Hycodan also comes in 5 mg pill form, meant to be an antitussive for those who can't tolerate the syrup - but also occasionally prescribed for pain for people who can't tolerate APAP, ASA, or ibuprofen.

It's much safer and easier on the body for addicts not to have all that junk that destroys your liver or causes ulcers in your stomach.

Yes, hydrocodone is the better drug. But it sucks in that it always comes in formulas and compounds loaded with other drugs such as APAP, ASA, and ibuprofen.

Even the cough syrups are mixed with other drugs. Man, in Canada their Hycodan comes with ONLY hydrocodone bitartrate 1mg/ml - I've had many a bottle. The Hycodan also comes in 5 mg pill form, meant to be an antitussive for those who can't tolerate the syrup - but also occasionally prescribed for pain for people who can't tolerate APAP, ASA, or ibuprofen.

It's much safer and easier on the body for addicts not to have all that junk that destroys your liver or causes ulcers in your stomach.

Why dont one of these Pharm companies come out with Hydrocontin? A simple pill like Oxycontin but with hydrocodone w/o the garbage apap. We all know that the tylenol does help fight the pain better in your body when mixed with hydrocodone but there needs to be a hydrocodone pill with strictly hydrocodone by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.