• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think Hydrocodone is better than Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, regfairfield, what does the FDA want the cap on? Is it the APAP or paracetemol (Acetaminophen) content of the pill, or is it the opiate content in the pill? A generic Vicodin such as a Mallinckrodt M357 has 5 Mg of Hydrocodone and 500 Mg of APAP. So if they want a 325 Mg cap on the opiate it wouldn't matter because none of these compounds would ever come close anyway. Percocet = 5 Mg Oxycodone, 325 Mg APAP. Anyway, just wondering.

325mg cap on the apap so there would no longer be 5,7.5,10/ 500s. They would all be opiate/ 325.

I don't understand, are they trying to lower the dose of the opiate or acetaminophen? The main thing I read was that they want to use acetaminophen and not just APAP.

I don't understand, are they trying to lower the dose of the opiate or acetaminophen? The main thing I read was that they want to use acetaminophen and not just APAP.

APAP and acetaminophen are the same thing. That is why they are trying to put a cap on because the liver damage cause by long term use of these combinations because of the large amounts of APAP. like lorcets which have 650mg of APAP. They are not trying to put a cap of 325mg on the opiate. I have never seen and opiate/acetaminophen combo with 325mg of any opiate. Have you?

APAP and acetaminophen are the same thing. That is was they are trying to put a cap on because the liver damage cause by long term use of these combinations because of the large amounts of APAP. like lorcets which have 650mg of APAP. They are not trying to put a cap of 325mg on the opiate. I have never seen and opiate/acetaminophen combo with 325mg of any opiate. Have you?

Norco 10/325

All Tylenol with codeine have 325mg acetaminophen

Most all Oxycodone preps. have 325mg

Norco 10/325

All Tylenol with codeine have 325mg acetaminophen

Most all Oxycodone preps. have 325mg

Yes, I know. I said "i have never seen any opiate/acetaminophen combo with 325mg of any opiate. Have you?
Now they will ALL have 325mg of acetaminophen or apap, no matter if you spell it out or abbreviate it. I can't copy the part where it says it because I am on my phone. But if this passes ALL opiate/ apap combos will only have 325mg of apap. There will no longer have combos that will contain over 325mg of acetaminophen. The amount of the OPIATE will NOT change. Percacets and lortabs will
Still have 5 7.5 or 10 mg of the opiate. T3s and T4s will not be affected because they already have 325mg of acetaminophen

Gotcha. That would be great because we could abuse more of them before reaching 4 grams

The reason they give is because of the liver damage that is happening to people who have long term scripts of these compounds. But that would be good for
Those who abuse pain pills with APAP and don't know about doing a CWE

I kinda like to mix the 2...sort of like a pharmaceutical speed ball

Opinions are like assholes... Everybodies got one.

LOL exactly. I have tried Hydrocodone a few times and it either did nothing for me or gave me a stomach ache. Oxycodone, on the other hand, kills my pain and is a wonderful, warm high. Bottom line it's probably a matter of body chemistry, personal preference, etc.. JMO.

I have been out of my oxycontin for a week now and don't get it filled till next Thursday.. so I have been taking hydro and eventho the high is a bit better I still wish I had the oxy instead. Its hard to explain.

I have been out of my oxycontin for a week now and don't get it filled till next Thursday.. so I have been taking hydro and eventho the high is a bit better I still wish I had the oxy instead. Its hard to explain.

I'm on both at the moment....timing is everything, I feel wonderful on 10mg hydro extracted and almost 30mg oxy....good times baby....drank the hydro extract an snooted oxy 90min later

My dad likes Hydrocodone more than oxycodone. He had his teeth done and was given oxycodone, said it didn't work and called back asking if he could trade the oxycodone for hydrocodone.

Haha way to go pops....I remember being at the Barrett Jackson Auto Show in Scottsdale 3 yr ago just high as a kite in the sky....I had soo much fun thanks to hydro

HYDRO is so much warmer

hydro gives so much warmth but its just not equal. maybe acutely but even that is up in the air occasionally. i've just never used hydrocodone as much as oxy so thats also part of it. oxy lost its magic o so long ago. oxy doesn't break through bupe like hydrocodone can for me though. they are just totally different to me. :) however if i was injected with hydrocodone and told it was oxy i would probably feel the same. to me oxy is about 1.1 times stronger not one and a half like everyone says. however this is acute usage so im sure it has something to do with it.

Personally, I find hydrocodone more euphoric than oxycodone. I find it lasts a bit longer, I get a better body high, heaviness, warmth, and just happier lol. I find it more similar to morphine/heroin in its overall effects, and my favorite opiates are heroin/morphine - so its natural that I will like hydrocodone more.

The only downside is that oxycodone is slightly more potent (1.5x, I'd say) than hydrocodone. Another thing that sucks is that hydrocodone usually comes in formulas loaded with either acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or aspirin.

Status
Not open for further replies.