• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think Hydrocodone is better than Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oxy is way more stronger than hydro in my opinion...the nod i get from oxy is fukn amazing:)...i mean ill do which ever i can get...but oxy for me...is waaaaay stronger

First hydro experience I was curled up in a blanket with a big smile on my face. Everything in the world was right where I wanted it to be. Nothing could harm me. I felt so euphoric and warm it was just unbelievable. I so wish I could get that high again.

first experience with hydromorphone was an intramuscular shot of 8mg in my ass at the hospital. While they were pushing my bed down the hall, I just felt like I was floating, I was in heaven.

no way.

If we really get down to brass tacks, opiate connoisseurs would agree that comparing these two chemicals is almost like comparing apples and oranges -- but we would probably settle with saying that their potency is 1:1

Really - why do people think oxycodone is more desirable? Because unlike hydrocodone, it was available for decades in preparations by itself (without acetaminophen in it) in the US: extended release OxyContin, which could be crushed to make it instant release, yielding a massive dose (the almighty OC 80) which could then be snorted.

Hydrocodone, on the other hand, was only commonly found in 5mg, 7.5mg, and 10mg strengths - and paired with tylenol in the pill, making ingestion of large doses impossible without doing liver damage (or performing a cold water extraction, which to this day not many users know about). Plus, no self-respecting opiate user is going to snort vicodin or lortabs; there is simply too much other shit in the pill, and not a whole lot of hydrocodone gets absorbed in your mucous membranes (and besides that, vicodin/lortabs taste like shit).

In conclusion, I think the reason Oxycodone has become more preferred is simply because a single pill can contain a massive dose (up to 80mg, or even the fabled 160mg) where as pills of hydrocodone are usually only as much 10mg.

Given that you could have either 10 10/325 percocet or 10 10/325 vicodin, I would choose the percocet. It is definitely not 1:1, the percocet (oxycodone/apap) is more potent than the vicodin (hydrocodone/apap).

In the beginning of my opiate use, I preferred the hydrocodone high to that of oxy. Once tolerance became a factor, it became unrealistic to take such high doses of hydrocodone when I could just take its equvalent dose of oxycodone.

I think that this thread is more about which high you prefer, or which one you preferred given that your tolerance is/was low enough to experience euphoria from either of them.

I feel the same way about these two op. Hydrocodone gives me a much nicer buzz in my opinion, and unlike oxycodone, I don't necessarily need weed to facilitate an enjoyable high. The only thing I would disagree on is the mg for mg thing. Hydrocodone is a tad bit weaker, but a lot can be lost in translation so to speak when comparing the buzz from either one.

Roses R Red....

I think for me it is alot easier to achieve the level of euphoria I desire with oxy. Over yrs of use and every conceivable route of administration, from banging 4-6 oxy 80's at once with a 400 unit rig stolen from the ER after robbing a local pharmacy (And I did my time, I got caught two weeks later i chose to let it ruin my life) to nowadays when I can actually get a great feeling from an 1/8th of a 8mg suboxone (Insufflated), I can say that both of these drugs carry a certain "Perfect Margin or Sweet Spot" that is different for everyone. For example if your sweet spot is at 20mg for Oxy, then, 10mg wont get u where u want, but if you do 30mg you pass where you want to be and get a headache or just nod, and understandably so, when that little ten milligram difference is actually another 50% of the original dosage, if you look at it in those terms. So, I may have taken 20 mg of Vicodin one day, and 30mg of Oxy the next day, but felt better off the Vicodin, just because the dosage I took was closer to the perfect dose for my tolerance at that time and my stomache contents, metabolism, fatty acids n all that other crap that goes into figuring bioavailability at that time. Does that mean I like Vics better? HELL NO!! But, to be perfectly honest, a few years ago for about a whole year, (When teva was manufacturing the footballs),(93 / 33 Watev) I actually could not even get high on oxy at all and in retrospect I know that it's because my dumb ass took way too much oxy EVERY SINGLE DAY for damn near that whole year! It's a wonder I'm still alive!

no way.

If we really get down to brass tacks, opiate connoisseurs would agree that comparing these two chemicals is almost like comparing apples and oranges -- but we would probably settle with saying that their potency is 1:1

Really - why do people think oxycodone is more desirable? Because unlike hydrocodone, it was available for decades in preparations by itself (without acetaminophen in it) in the US: extended release OxyContin, which could be crushed to make it instant release, yielding a massive dose (the almighty OC 80) which could then be snorted.

Hydrocodone, on the other hand, was only commonly found in 5mg, 7.5mg, and 10mg strengths - and paired with tylenol in the pill, making ingestion of large doses impossible without doing liver damage (or performing a cold water extraction, which to this day not many users know about). Plus, no self-respecting opiate user is going to snort vicodin or lortabs; there is simply too much other shit in the pill, and not a whole lot of hydrocodone gets absorbed in your mucous membranes (and besides that, vicodin/lortabs taste like shit).

In conclusion, I think the reason Oxycodone has become more preferred is simply because a single pill can contain a massive dose (up to 80mg, or even the fabled 160mg) where as pills of hydrocodone are usually only as much 10mg.

No, oxycodone is x1.5 more potent than Hydrocodone.

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

Research is the key to knowledge.

Oxycodone is more desirable because its more potent. Not because the formulations.

Other reasons may be because its more stimulating and euphoric.

Hydrocodone is great but mg for mg it isnt as strong as oxycodone imo. I like Vicodin for my pain & it makes me feel good as does oxycodone. To me, oxycodone makes me more chill & laid back. Op's can be euphoric & stimulating big time.

We are all still waiting for hydrocontin.............:)

It's not hydrocontin, but the FDA is pushing for drug companies to have a 325mg cap on Opiate/APAP solutions.

The first one says 5mg (acute/chronic) I've never found something that has been accurate with methadone.

i never like hydro and i dont know why...i can definitely tell the difference though between the two

So, regfairfield, what does the FDA want the cap on? Is it the APAP or paracetemol (Acetaminophen) content of the pill, or is it the opiate content in the pill? A generic Vicodin such as a Mallinckrodt M357 has 5 Mg of Hydrocodone and 500 Mg of APAP. So if they want a 325 Mg cap on the opiate it wouldn't matter because none of these compounds would ever come close anyway. Percocet = 5 Mg Oxycodone, 325 Mg APAP. Anyway, just wondering.

No, oxycodone is x1.5 more potent than Hydrocodone.

http://www.globalrph.com/narcotic.cgi

http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

Research is the key to knowledge.

Oxycodone is more desirable because its more potent. Not because the formulations.

Other reasons may be because its more stimulating and euphoric.

But were the ratios those sites use based on scientific observation, or were they just made up by some guy who was like "yeah this sounds about right"

i prefer oxy.

I prefer oxy as well orna combo of CwEd hydro and oxy... But im not a huge fan of hydro these days. It doesn't do jack shit for my pain and it doesn't really Get me all that high anymore... But I wish it did... Bless the days when a 10mg norco was the business and would keep menhigh for hours.

After using both rather heavily for 2 years, I still don't think one is better than the other; they're just different (yet very similar because they're both opioids) highs.

Hydrocodone seems to be more gentle than Oxycodone... it gives me a very relaxed, mellow euphoria with a little more sedation than Oxy. It's pretty easy on my body with little to no itching or nausea.

Oxycodone on the other hand is definitely more stimulating for me. It makes more bubbly and creates more of a forceful euphoria, if you will. However, the side-effects are more noticable than hydrocodone. I can get pretty bad nausea and itching compared to hydrocodone. Also, at some point oxy will just knock me out unlike hydro, which like I said earlier, is a lot gentler on my body. However I notice a stronger initial euphoria/rush with Oxycodone than I do with hydrocodone.

Vicodin high was amazing when I finally got over the nauseation first couple times. Never got that amazing high off of oxycodone but oxycodone is a better pain reliever imo.

I've found that the fact that oxy is more exclusive (I even suspect that because it sounds cooler) makes it more of a treat for me. However, hydro is far more available/cheaper/more buzz for the buck, so I find myself poppin hydros far more often than poppin an oxy :)

They're both very enjoyable, but I've never puked on hydro. Oxy gives me nausea, but it feels so good that I dont care that it makes me puke if i push the limit. In fact, its almost enjoyable.

milligram for milligram oxy is undoubtably stronger. but i agree that hydro is a much better feeling

But were the ratios those sites use based on scientific observation, or were they just made up by some guy who was like "yeah this sounds about right"

Scientific observation. Those are basically the only ones found on the net and everybody goes by them. They are the equivalency charts used by doctors. So if you want to find a comparison in dose than those are what you go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.