• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I think Hydrocodone is better than Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
although i found oxycodone much mroe physically and socially stimulating, I can vividly recall
my first semester at state college, I would pop 7 10mg vicodins at my GF's house then drive across the street to school, and once they would kick in i'd be in the library working out equations with such enthusiasm and vigor, and cognitive sharpness.

To any one, I highly recommend hydrocodone and oxycodone as a study/test drug..

I find this to be 100% accurate. Vicodin enhances cognitive sharpness tremendously. Gives an unbelievable amount of energy too.

I prefer oxycodone to hydrocodone. It is more stimulating and euphoric. Although at higher doses of hydrocodone I can catch a good nod.

And by the way, oxycodone is x1.5 more potent than hydrocodone. (30mg = 20mg)

^ well maybe so but is it worth becoming addicted to if using to study every night? Because I know I started out with vics an tabs and went up the ladder just like everyone does, well most everyone :/

I'd be fully aware on the negative aspects before using as a study aid.

Just my 2c :)
-oc

^ well maybe so but is it worth becoming addicted to if using to study every night? Because I know I started out with vics an tabs and went up the ladder just like everyone does, well most everyone :/

I'd be fully aware on the negative aspects before using as a study aid.

Just my 2c :)
-oc

Oatmeal Cookie it took about 8 months of daily use (about 30 or 40 mgs a day) for me to suffer a little bit of w/d from hydrocodone. Maybe I'm lucky but the withdrawals I had were a lil depression and loose stomach for a week and that was really about it. A walk in the park compared to the awesome way that it made me feel. I'm not sure why so many have such a low resistance to being addicted to it.

I have never had withdrawals from any opiate or opioid. It is likely because I take breaks lasting between two and four days every couple of weeks for the purpose of avoiding withdrawal. I also take a considerable amount of NAC and milk thistle to help with the whole "I'm killing my liver" thing. I do enjoy hydrocodone in large quantities, over 110 mg, more so than any amount of oxycodone though. It is odd how oxycodone has the worse perception in the media regarding abuse, but most people I have spoken with like hydrocodone better. Yum. Oatmeal.

Everyone I know would prefer oxycodone. Outside of this forum I've never heard someone utter the words they like hydrocodone more than oxy. I don't understand how someone could but I guess I'm hearing reasons.

Hydrocodone is great but mg for mg it isnt as strong as oxycodone imo. I like Vicodin for my pain & it makes me feel good as does oxycodone. To me, oxycodone makes me more chill & laid back. Op's can be euphoric & stimulating big time.

We are all still waiting for hydrocontin.............:)

Everyone I know would prefer oxycodone. Outside of this forum I've never heard someone utter the words they like hydrocodone more than oxy. I don't understand how someone could but I guess I'm hearing reasons.

You & your friends prefer oxys more than hydros because hydros dont get you guys to that level of highness like oxys do. From what I have read of what you have written, you have used alot of narcotics in your life & your tolerance is high, hence your preference of oxys over hydros.

Hydrocodone is great but mg for mg it isnt as strong as oxycodone imo. I like Vicodin for my pain & it makes me feel good as does oxycodone. To me, oxycodone makes me more chill & laid back. Op's can be euphoric & stimulating big time.

We are all still waiting for hydrocontin.............:)

If they were to make a hydrocontin it would more than likely use a similar method that the new oxycontin's have in place, or some other form of abuse-control......It would also make it a sch II so it would have the same legal and prescribing regulations as oxy does......so there is really no reason to make a non-apap version of hydrocodone. If you really like hydrocodone that much just perform a simple CWE.

If they were to make a hydrocontin it would more than likely use a similar method that the new oxycontin's have in place, or some other form of abuse-control......It would also make it a sch II so it would have the same legal and prescribing regulations as oxy does......so there is really no reason to make a non-apap version of hydrocodone. If you really like hydrocodone that much just perform a simple CWE.

I never take more than 2 vicodins at a time & never more than 4 in one day so no extraction needed.

Hydrocodone used to feel really good to me, I can't recall whether I enjoyed my hydrocodones or my oxycodones more before I became addicted, but after I developed a true tolerance and dependence to opiates hydrocodone completely lost its magic, even at doses in excess of 100mg (CWE performed, of course), while 30mg of oxycodone will still give me a buzz that I would prefer over any dose of hydrocodone. And I typically prefer to take at least 90mg of oxycodone. So, there.

Hydro for me-60mg at least. the buzz is more relaxing and i'm more social on it. Oxy is great, but i feel to amped on it. the wd's from hydro are MUCH easy to deal with the Oxy wd's.

my 2 cents.

Even though I may prefer oxycodone, my best experience was with hydrocodone. It was the first drug I had ever tried and I'll never get that high back no matter how much oxycodone I take. I could do a gram of some of the finest stuff and never get as high as I did from 15mg of hydrocodone.

Even though I may prefer oxycodone, my best experience was with hydrocodone. It was the first drug I had ever tried and I'll never get that high back no matter how much oxycodone I take. I could do a gram of some of the finest stuff and never get as high as I did from 15mg of hydrocodone.

Yea hydrocodone was also my first experience with opioids.......7.5mg and I was on cloud nine, the only other experience that can match that was the first time I received hydromorphone IV at the hospital, it was love at first sight.

Yea hydrocodone was also my first experience with opioids.......7.5mg and I was on cloud nine, the only other experience that can match that was the first time I received hydromorphone IV at the hospital, it was love at first sight.

First hydro experience I was curled up in a blanket with a big smile on my face. Everything in the world was right where I wanted it to be. Nothing could harm me. I felt so euphoric and warm it was just unbelievable. I so wish I could get that high again.

Oxy is definitely more potent than hydrocodone, about 1.75x as much.

no way.

If we really get down to brass tacks, opiate connoisseurs would agree that comparing these two chemicals is almost like comparing apples and oranges -- but we would probably settle with saying that their potency is 1:1

Really - why do people think oxycodone is more desirable? Because unlike hydrocodone, it was available for decades in preparations by itself (without acetaminophen in it) in the US: extended release OxyContin, which could be crushed to make it instant release, yielding a massive dose (the almighty OC 80) which could then be snorted.

Hydrocodone, on the other hand, was only commonly found in 5mg, 7.5mg, and 10mg strengths - and paired with tylenol in the pill, making ingestion of large doses impossible without doing liver damage (or performing a cold water extraction, which to this day not many users know about). Plus, no self-respecting opiate user is going to snort vicodin or lortabs; there is simply too much other shit in the pill, and not a whole lot of hydrocodone gets absorbed in your mucous membranes (and besides that, vicodin/lortabs taste like shit).

In conclusion, I think the reason Oxycodone has become more preferred is simply because a single pill can contain a massive dose (up to 80mg, or even the fabled 160mg) where as pills of hydrocodone are usually only as much 10mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.