• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Needle Point Broke Off in arm.. PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also part of the crowd who doesn't see how its possible to break a needle off into your arm, no matter how many times you've used it. Fuck, when I've had to rip the needle out on purpose with a pair of pliers it takes a lot of effort and I'm a strong guy! By accident? I just don't see how.

And no offense, I don't care if its not hurting now and "seems fine," anyone wiling to walk around and go through life knowing you have a broken needle wandering around in your body is an idiot. Seriously, you've got to lack common sense to go even one more day without at least making an attempt to visit a free clinic.

We all understand not wanting to walk into an ER or visit a doctor and admit drug abuse, but when you've got a needle in your fucking arm and there is at least a chance that a clinic will remove it no questions asked, you seriously lack common sense if you don't even make the attempt to get it taken care of.

But then again when you say stuff like "well cuz If I have to I'll tell my mom I like got a sewing needle splinter cuz like anyone would believe that" I think you've pretty much laid your cards on the table.

If anyone reading this has actually managed to defy all odds of probability and really actually somehow managed to break off a hypodermic needle in their arm, it IS NOT OK TO JUST LEAVE IT THERE, no matter what this or any other dummy says in an Internet forum. GO AND GET IT TAKEN CARE OF. Even if you have to drive 100 miles to a free clinic, do it.

Don't want anyone to find out? Fine. Muster up enough brain power to make some calls or search online to figure out what a person in your situation can do. Just calling a free clinic and asking a few questions will help you get it sorted. Can't find a free clinic? Find the nearest needle exchange and either call them or just go to it, explain the problem and see what they say.

Want to make sure no one finds out it's you? Then just leave your ID at home. If you're paranoid and think someone is going to demand to see ID then ha ha you don't even have it on you! And don't worry, absolutely no one at a clinic or needle ex is going to talk to the cops. They are on YOUR side and want to see you safe and healthy, ok?

Now go get better!

Last edited by a moderator:
for a forum that claims to be all about HARM REDUCTION, a lot of these replies are complete bullshit. "if it doesn't hurt it's okay" is NOT true. There is no way for you to know there is no infection after waiting a couple hours. Trying to lance it out yourself is stupid, not only do you increase your risk of abscess but if just a small bit of infection gets into your blood stream you can go downhill very quickly -- sepsis is not a fast nor painless way to die, it's very slow and agonizing even in a hospital setting. I cant believe some people are advising you to wait and see what happens. Chances are your body will not push it out. I hope you know where you were hitting, away from nerves and arteries -- veins should be the last of your worries. A needle tip wont get sucked into a vein and go through your circulatory system. But if it punctures an artery, yes, you could bleed out internally -- the pressure could also collapse other veins and destroy tissue. Call your local Needle Exchange and free clinics. Go to the hospital and use a fake name if you have to, by law they MUST treat you -- they cannot turn you away! Don't be afraid, you WONT get in trouble! The hospital will NOT call your parents, guardians, police, teachers etc and tell them what happened, if they do you can sue them for a fat check. Think about it OP. Is your health really worth it?? The longer you wait, the worse it can end up...Please please call a hospital or free clinic and ask them for their advice

Wow, this makes my legs weak. Oh, and see a doctor. Just cause other people have had this happen with no problems doesn't mean you will.

OP, you sound like s child. You would rather have a USED needle in your arm than tell mommy? I don't care if you think you know what you're doing, if you broke a syringe in your own arm, you're are clueless. You may feel like an idiot because you are one.

Go to a clinic, and stop doing drugs. Clearly you've screwed up a lot in the past if your parents are on the verge of kicking you out, and now this? Take a fuckin hint

for a forum that claims to be all about HARM REDUCTION, a lot of these replies are complete bullshit. "if it doesn't hurt it's okay" is NOT true. There is no way for you to know there is no infection after waiting a couple hours. Trying to lance it out yourself is stupid, not only do you increase your risk of abscess but if just a small bit of infection gets into your blood stream you can go downhill very quickly -- sepsis is not a fast nor painless way to die, it's very slow and agonizing even in a hospital setting. I cant believe some people are advising you to wait and see what happens. Chances are your body will not push it out. I hope you know where you were hitting, away from nerves and arteries -- veins should be the last of your worries. A needle tip wont get sucked into a vein and go through your circulatory system. But if it punctures an artery, yes, you could bleed out internally -- the pressure could also collapse other veins and destroy tissue. Call your local Needle Exchange and free clinics. Go to the hospital and use a fake name if you have to, by law they MUST treat you -- they cannot turn you away! Don't be afraid, you WONT get in trouble! The hospital will NOT call your parents, guardians, police, teachers etc and tell them what happened, if they do you can sue them for a fat check. Think about it OP. Is your health really worth it?? The longer you wait, the worse it can end up...Please please call a hospital or free clinic and ask them for their advice

Wow, this makes my legs weak. Oh, and see a doctor. Just cause other people have had this happen with no problems doesn't mean you will.

These.

You need to see a medical professional and leaving this thread open will just encourage you not to.

EDIT:

I unapproved several posts that promoted harm.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST people, just because you or someone you heard about didn't die or have extremely evident medical problems due to this happening, does not mean someone should not get checked out by a medical professional. Thank god we have people like tarstar and john burrows around to bring some fucking sense to this shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.