We had a barbecue yesterday and there was a lot of flies, I told my mum to cover up the food when we eat outside cause I'm careful about hygiene and stuff like that and my mum always tell me I'm over reacting...
So anyways today mum served me the refrigerated left over meat from yesterday, I put in the microwave and halfway through my dinner I saw little things wriggling on my steak, I called mum over in horror and yelled at her saying ..."look at these dam maggots, this is exactly why I always want to cover up food and you tell me I'm over reacting."
I then googled the consequences of eating live maggots and found that you can get "intestinal myiasis"... a condition where the "fly larvae can penetrate and implant themselves into the host's internal organs, causing internal damage such as bacterial infections, sepsis and, if untreated, death."
I drank a can of coke hoping the fizzy acid along with my stomach acid would destroy the maggots but it seems that's not always the case so how likely is it that one can develop gastric mysiasis after ingesting maggots?
PS> Why didn't the microwave kill the maggots?