• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to get the most recreationally from Zolidem-Ambien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pally pete

Bluelighter
i have no other substances apart from zolpidem 10mg tablets of which i consumed some last night,they got me off to sleep fine but i found they had almost zero recreational value.

now like i stated i have no benzos/oxy or anything else that i would usually use on a weekend if i felt the need,i have some alcohol in the house but i dont really greatly enjoy drinking,although i do on ocassion and will do if it enhances other substances

can anyone suggest the best way to get anything recreational from my zolpidem or is it a lost cause?

many thanks and sorry if you've heard this question before.

ambien reacts differently to many people. If it put you to sleeo nicely then that amy be all it does for you, and consider yourself lucky. Kepp them on hand for when you go on a bender with stims or something for the come down and you'll sleep nicely.

You could try taking them 10-20 mg and making yourself stay awake. Some people report trippy like effects from ambien while staying awake. Strange hallucinations and such. Others just simply get no effects form the ambien at all.

A word fo caution though, the staying awake part can be dangerous. You may not be fully conscious of what is happening. So you may actually awaken to find yourself walking around your garden in your underwear, or worse like driving your car being pulled over by the police with no recollection of how you got there...

So in general, you can 'trip' on ambien but its not anything like tripping on shrooms or acid.. you may like it, you may not, or it might just not work for you.

Myself, ambien has little effect overall just a mild sedative, no trippiness.

whatever you choose to do, just take them orally, don't bother at all with trying to blow them or shoot them, take them as they were meant.

ambien reacts differently to many people. If it put you to sleeo nicely then that amy be all it does for you, and consider yourself lucky. Kepp them on hand for when you go on a bender with stims or something for the come down and you'll sleep nicely.

You could try taking them 10-20 mg and making yourself stay awake. Some people report trippy like effects from ambien while staying awake. Strange hallucinations and such. Others just simply get no effects form the ambien at all.

A word fo caution though, the staying awake part can be dangerous. You may not be fully conscious of what is happening. So you may actually awaken to find yourself walking around your garden in your underwear, or worse like driving your car being pulled over by the police with no recollection of how you got there...

So in general, you can 'trip' on ambien but its not anything like tripping on shrooms or acid.. you may like it, you may not, or it might just not work for you.

Myself, ambien has little effect overall just a mild sedative, no trippiness.

whatever you choose to do, just take them orally, don't bother at all with trying to blow them or shoot them, take them as they were meant.
well it looks like they will do nothing for me then....i took 13 last night.

thanks for the info ;)

Sounds somewhat excessive unless you already had a fairly good benzo tolerance. It's probably why you didn't like them. Do you even remember how you got to your bed?

And it depends what you mean by recreational value. Depending on the dose you can achieve a somewhat good relaxed sedation or a pretty good visual trip. The problem with trippin is it requires a pretty high dose where theres a good chance you won't remember shit lol. I would always wake up the next morning with random pics on my phone from the night before. I guess I was just trying to get myself to remember.

Lastly I would disagree with mgrady. I would suggest that you try snorting. It burns somewhat but if you're looking for a little sedation then 5mg bumps throughout the night usually works great. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who likes snorting ambien, there's an entire thread on it somewhere on here.

yeah unfortunately i have ridiculously large tolerance to benzos,and the thing is even though i took such an apparently high dose of zolpidem i suffered no amnesia.

Zolpidem to me has always been a miracle drug! When used for recreational purposes it def pumps up the mood! I recommend taking around 10mg ov the TR the first time around, then after you can switch it to around 40mgTR and then 30mg ov the CR. Overall This is an excellent drug for sleep and to bullshit with any have fun! I have yet to experience and hallucinatory effects however, Apparently this is a common thing!?

Last edited:
Zolpidem to me has always been a miracle drug! When used for recreational purposes it def pumps up the mood! I recommend taking around 10mg ov the TR the first time around, then after you can switch it to around 40mgTR and then 30mg ov the CR. Overall This is an excellent drug for sleep and to bullshit with any have fun! I have yet to experience and hallucinatory effects however, Apparently this is a common thing!?

If he took 13 last night (130mg) and they didn't do anything really, why would your suggestion of taking 10mg help him? For someone with no tolerance, sure, but for the OP your post serves absolutely no purpose what so ever.

Let me give you a strong warning here. A few weeks ago I was coming off a month of doing about 200 of oxy a day. The only thing I had to take for withdrawals was 30 Ambien CR 12.5. I decided (stupidly) that I would chew up one every 2-3 to get through the worst 72 hours of withdrawals. The good news is I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. The bad news is I don't remember any of those 3 days. And the worst part, as strange as this may sound, is that I went through an awful withdrawal from the Ambien. No doubt it was mixed with the lingering oxy withdrawals, but the majority of it was the Ambien and it was TERRIBLE! I've been through every withdrawal out there and I would put this close to the top, if not at the top. I know it sounds odd to withdraw after such a short period of use and only 30 pills, and it could just be me, but there's no doubt that's what it was. This medication isn't designed to be taken like I took it and I'll never do it again.

Ok, at first you will get a lot of amnesia and sleepiness, but if you fight through it and build a medium tolerance, you can take 3-4 and have an interesting experience. Once your tolerance is high, the fun will go away.
Is it possible that you actually blacked out and woke up without remembering it? I'm pretty sure that's happened to me.

Ambien has had a bit of a roller coaster effect for me over time. I find snorting, while painful, gets the best effects. For a good ambien evening, swallow one, and snort one, however I'd make sure there's a trip sitter present because you can black out and do some stupid shit. Once you get used to that nasal pain, as weird as it sounds, you start to enjoy it. Once the ambien (or any drug really...) starts to have appeal to you, your body associates that chemical taste, smell and burn, and immediately feels euphoric when it is present. When I snort it, and I feel the burn, it's almost a pleasant familiarity.

When I first was prescribed it, I took all but one, stayed awake, and had a near-mushroom level trip. Things were warping everywhere and I was in quite a lucid mind state while still fully aware. After this first initial intense trip, the second time I took it, it made me just feel super stoned, almost opiate stoned. After that, I found it to do nothing at all, so I stopped playing with it.

After a while of just taking it normally for sleep here and there, I decided to play with it again recently. Now, I find an ambien or two at night, maybe a couple hours before bed, puts me into a really nice relaxed, mildly euphoric and slightly trippy high. Things still do warp around a bit, but it wont catch your attention. I started to enjoy this a bit too much, and next thing I know, I went through my whole months prescription in a week, snorting sometimes up to 4 a night.

Now, I'm out of ambien and sleeping SUCKS. If you do play with it, don't do it for extended periods. You will FUCK your sleep cycle.....and memory too.

To get the most out of Ambien, do not eat a single thing 2 to 3 hours before you plan on taking it. I found even eating the tiniest of things when you take it will prevent it from working. Take about 20mg 3 hours after you're last meal. At least 3 hours. It usually takes 10 minutes to kick in.

I found that it makes walls breath, slight wiggles, and a very changed mindset. I often would feel like I was drunk, but without any of the physical symptoms, just the mental mindset. Do not lay down, or you will most likely fall asleep. Just keep yourself occupied, watch a movie with the lights on. I find movies are the best when taking Ambien, cause all I want to do is sit and enjoy the visuals and mental mindset it gives, doing anything active is usually not fun. Also, be careful cause like a lot of people said you will get 'weird' and may do things you won't wanna or won't be able to remember.

The effects only last an hour or so at the most, so don't expect anything lengthy, but it's very trippy.

Zolpidem to me has always been a miracle drug! When used for recreational purposes it def pumps up the mood!

I agree this drug is most definitely the shit if you know what your doing and how to do it. I recently discovered that snorting it works the best last night, I'm prescribed so I can legally get high every goddamn night. I feel like I'm nodding when it kicks in. It ain't like and mdma euphoria, it's more of a "I have no worries" euphoria and it's great.

OMG fuck zolpedim/Ambien!!! But you definitely have to do it right for any rec value. The first I did it, my mom gave me one to get me to sleep. I didn't take it for rec value but I didn't go to sleep right after taking it so I was walking around like a drunk idiot. Then I started snorting oxycodone and one day when I didn't have any oxy's I decided to try and snort ambien. Felt like I was tripping but dear god the drip is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted in my life. I just gagged thinking about it. But one time when I snorted a 10mg zolpedim, I was sitting on my porch. There was a flower pot on the hand rail and all of a sudden it starts to move! But now I will never do ambien again. First off because it causes short term memory loss which I bellied is true because I can be drivin down the road and forget what I just passed(like the scenery, houses, ect) but the repolsive drips is the main reason I'll never do it again. If I'm taking a pill to get high than I'm snorting it and ambien is something I'll never snort again

Part of me inside wants to say FUCK AMBIEN lmao but I just can't...

Shit has given me some good and horrific memories while trippin out, when I want to get recreational normally I black out and hallucinate shit. One time though I took 20mgs which normally ends up within the hour I take all my stash 40-50mgs etc the usual and I woke up in my backyard, collecting these little rock pebble things in a zip lock bag and I wrote all over my wall (permanent marker) "SAVE THE PEOPLE!!! SOULS ARE TRAPPED IN ROCK FORM, DON'T LET THEM PARISH"

I had about 30-40 pebbles total in my bag, also woke up with no shirt but luckily I had pants on. I remember before blacking out the rocks were actually starting to look like little faces screaming for help. I remember panicking and picking them up as they yelled at me "SAVE ME! SAVE ME!"

Also another time my bed grew legs and we were surfing around my city hunting "the grass dwarfs" LOL Zopidem has a very special place in my heart <3 .... somewhere haha

BlueLight's not really here to help get you high as possible, it's a forum dedicated to harm reduction.

So feel free to ask 'what's the safest way to take Ambien'

Orally.

Next.

If he took 13 last night (130mg) and they didn't do anything really, why would your suggestion of taking 10mg help him? For someone with no tolerance, sure, but for the OP your post serves absolutely no purpose what so ever.

I have a hard time believing that you took 13 pills and didn't trip balls. Ambien for me has even stronger visuals than shrooms or acid.

True, however it's also about harm reduction and the theory that people are going to do it anyways, so we should try to make it as safe as possible. A lot of people here are gonna snort it regardless of what anyone says on here and it's our job let them know how it went and give some advice/pointers to try and keep them alive.

Haha

i have no other substances apart from zolpidem 10mg tablets of which i consumed some last night,they got me off to sleep fine but i found they had almost zero recreational value.

now like i stated i have no benzos/oxy or anything else that i would usually use on a weekend if i felt the need,i have some alcohol in the house but i dont really greatly enjoy drinking,although i do on ocassion and will do if it enhances other substances

can anyone suggest the best way to get anything recreational from my zolpidem or is it a lost cause?

many thanks and sorry if you've heard this question before.

Uhh, alright, I'm a man who's been deeply through the shit of shit. And young too. I've been on any narcotic,Nerve, and sleeping pills you can think of. For some opioid users out there, 3 4mg HydroMorphone pills are very nice. But yet I prefer Ambien over several pills I take 4 10mg tabs and I get a very very nice high. And sometimes on occasion I'll see shit fluttering and moving pretty good. Which is also fun. NEVER MIX WITH (a lot)ALCOHOL tho. It sent me into respitory arrest and to the Emergency room. Abusers out there, be careful, but the best ways 3 ways I've taken ambien, is 1. By mouth, pretty simple, 2. snorting it, it burns pretty bad for about 10 minutes then your good but pretty high. More then usually. Then smoking, just experimenting with it(with weed of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.