• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Axl I had to post that because I knew you were going to respond and yeah it was a close game but we still won ;)

oh I know this game :) congrats on your win, and welcome to S+G. although our respective schools are rivals (tOSU/PSU obvi); honestly, it's about damn time we had someone rep the Nittany Lions around here. but besides Michigan, I do hate your team second-most in the Big Ten. PSU is sooo lucky. they have semi-survived this fucking gross scandal, just simply due to riding out JoePa's figure-head-esque coat-tails

and Coach Paterno's son just called a damn good game offensively. PSU might always have a decent defense (Linebacker U), but their offense has been laughable, until this game against a pretty good Ohio State D. I miss Tressel's coaching the most, when a simple move like running the Wild-cat offensively to death in first half, gives my team troubles. the Buckeyes have the athletes, they just can't quite execute

anyways, stayfaded, welcome to S+G <3 Penn Staters always have had mad representation around the Big Ten, and outside. it's nice to have a newbie female posting in this board. you have a lot of clout to carry as a lady around these parts, dem hoez is ROOFLESS

ughhh

all SEC west teams

after this weekend, i don't have to hear another word about a team we beat by 13 points being better than us

finally

Man this was a strange weekend for college football.

-Georgia Southern puts up 21 points on Alabama for the most points Bama has given up all year. The next highest point total given up by Bama was when Arkansas' high-powered attack only mustered 14 points.

-Oregon, Ok State, Oklahoma, and Clemson were all in the BCS top 10, and all lost.

-The #7 Clemson Tigers lost to unranked NC State 37-13. Meltdowns on Clemson message boards quickly ensued. Some of the thread titles inclue Done with Dabo for GOOD!, We will never be an ELITE team w Dabo n charge, and Fire Dabo Now, blasting the coach proclaimed as the savior of the program only 4 weeks prior. South Carolina players and fans were said to be salivating uncontrollably while watching a mediocre NC State team beat Clemson on national television. Clemson falls all the way to #18 in the AP poll. This year's USCe-Clemson rivalry game was supposed to be a match-up between two top 15 teams with Gameday possibilities. Not anymore.

-UGA struggles with a Kentucky team that is horrible, and that is giving them too much credit as it is. UGA's 19-10 victory solidifies their place in the SEC Championship game. While UGA won the division fair and square, they did not have to play LSU, Bama, or Arkansas, and USCe swept the division but lost to Arkansas. USCe's loss to Auburn earlier in the year cost them the division title, but they do have a good excuse for that loss - Stephen Garcia was still the Gamecocks starting QB.

-LSU, Alabama, and Arkansas are numbers 1, 2, and 3 in the AP poll and are all from the same division. The phrase "SEC dominance" should be replaced by "SEC West dominance."

that's why someone should do realignment right and throw up Auburn to the East. the SECW should be : Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, T A&M, Mizzou, Mississippi State and Ole Miss.

the SECE would be: South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy.

that looks fine to me.

^They're not going to break up the Iron Bowl, though...

SEC West at 1, 2, and 3?! Sounds about right to me. What would be awesome now is if LSU lost and all three top three teams were 1-1 against other top three teams.

oh I know this game :) congrats on your win, and welcome to S+G. although our respective schools are rivals (tOSU/PSU obvi); honestly, it's about damn time we had someone rep the Nittany Lions around here. but besides Michigan, I do hate your team second-most in the Big Ten. PSU is sooo lucky. they have semi-survived this fucking gross scandal, just simply due to riding out JoePa's figure-head-esque coat-tails

and Coach Paterno's son just called a damn good game offensively. PSU might always have a decent defense (Linebacker U), but their offense has been laughable, until this game against a pretty good Ohio State D. I miss Tressel's coaching the most, when a simple move like running the Wild-cat offensively to death in first half, gives my team troubles. the Buckeyes have the athletes, they just can't quite execute

anyways, stayfaded, welcome to S+G <3 Penn Staters always have had mad representation around the Big Ten, and outside. it's nice to have a newbie female posting in this board. you have a lot of clout to carry as a lady around these parts, dem hoez is ROOFLESS

Even though this thread is about to be closed thanks for welcoming me <3. I can't wait to see how this all plays out. I do have to admit Penn State has been pretty lucky, I've been wondering where this offense has been all year... And yes us PSU fans are ruthless ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.