• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl Pelini must have done some serious whipping in practice this week - Nebraska's defense is almost unrecognizable. Hope they can keep it up (now the offense just needs to step up, Martinez isn't exactly consistent).

I'm not really big on K. Cousins. I think he's really overrated. I'm taking Nebraska.

Martinez can't pass worth shit. he reminds me of a white Denard Robinson. if only this was the early 90s and Frank Solich was running the option w/ Martinez in Nebraska, he would have a NC for sure

yeah Kirk Cousins is just so damn confusing. at times he lights up teams like Wisconsin, but then he struggles against Ohio State and today right now against Nebraska. at times I think he could be a decent pro QB, because he comes off as a GREAT leader, but then he throws stinkers. and there is no excuse for his stinkers. he has a couple really good WRs, a decent run game, and a bad ass defense

what did the Pelinis say to get their team riled up to finally play defense? I don't even want to know - the Brothers Pelini look like they might shit their pants any second

yeah me too. I would love to go Jax for a Cocktail Game one time. but how is that a neutral site? and aren't they aware that Jax is one of the most depressing cities in the South-East?

yeah me too. I would love to go Jax for a Cocktail Game one time. but how is that a neutral site? and aren't they aware that Jax is one of the most depressing cities in the South-East?

lol, i guess it must seem way less depressing than when you have to go anywhere else in the state of ohio for a game ;)

getting coffee in cleveland was one of the most depressing things i've ever done in my life

I'm calling Gators over Bulldogs, sorry pander.

20111030-dp8kfrf5kamjik35dmaf6u9ri5.jpg

Nope!

Last edited:
Jacksonville isn't that bad, especially considering it's going up against the likes of Alabama, Mississippi, etc.

all those cities sound like hell-holes to me! I don't know how you Southern bumpkins do it!!

OMFG THOUGH. DID ANYBODY SEE THAT OHIO STATE WIN??! it feels so good to beat a good team. if only we didn't lose that game against Nebraska

this game changed a whole lot for both teams. obviously, Wisconsin's season is over. which feels great, because they ruined my team's shot at a National Championship last year (which the Buckeyes would have no doubt won). Ohio State now isn't looking as bad as I thought a month ago. it's amazing how much has changed in these past three weeks. beating two ranked teams will do it. I don't think Penn State is as good as their record is, so the only two tough games for the Buckeyes are Michigan and PSU

with only three losses thus far, you gotta like tOSU's chances of finishing the season with only three losses. if the Bucks can finish with only 3 losses, a Michigan beat-down, and a mid-tier Bowl Victory - I will be a happy Ohio footbaw fan

this game changed a whole lot for both teams. obviously, Wisconsin's season is over. which feels great, because they ruined my team's shot at a National Championship last year (which the Buckeyes would have no doubt won)

"My Lord, if we re-form and wheel right, we may be able to turn their flank."
"You dream, General."

I reeeaaalllyy wanted to be the team (S.CAR) to burst Clemson's bubble at the end of the regular season, but it seems like you only need to have an average defense and a good running game to do that. Kudos to Ga Tech. The talking heads should have seen that from a mile away after the way Clemson struggled against Wofford's triple option, but apparently they only look at box scores and such. For example, they see that USCe's leading passer is off the team and leading rusher is hurt for the season, and now it is a foregone conclusion that UGA will win the SEC (L)east. Arkansas almost loses to Ole Miss and Vandy back-to-back and they're still a lock to beat us? I'm getting really sick of ESPN...someone with Bill Gate's money should challenge those bastards and get them off the air or buy them out.

Don't get me wrong - UGA is a good team, but we kinda already beat them. I wouldn't pencil in them winning vs Auburn either. At least Lou Holtz aka ssshufferin ssshhukatasshh is still on our side. Yes USCe is about the ugliest top 15 team right now, but when has that stopped the pundits from saying good things about a one-loss team before, especially this late in the season? Just because our orange loving potato farmer foes are having a good season in the gAyCC they count us out? I don't see the logic?

Before you say don't worry about what they say, do realize that high school recruits these days pay alot of attention to what they see on TV. I've just never seen every sports TV analyst come to a foregone conclusion about a team like they have the Gamecocks this year.

In conclusion, WIN ANYWAYS.

tOSU does have a good chance of winning out if their D keeps playin good (giving up 29 points to WISC is more than 10 under WISC's average). Tough schedule ahead, though.

How funny would it be if LSU and Alabama tied next weekend?

honestly, I'm just happy to be not looking like a horrible, horrible footbaw team. the fact of the matter is that the Buckeyes have a pretty damn good defense still (not as epic as in past years, but still very good). our secondary and WRs are all freshmen, I am expect something HUGE to come out of our secondary in the years to come

Braxton Miller looks like he could be the next Terrelle Pryor, if not a little bit smaller, but yet shiftier

it's nice to see that QB Miller mature right before my eyes. speaking of eyes, the thing he is doing better now is when he is forced to go on the run from the pocket, he is still keeping his eyes down field for a possible passing strike. it sounds simplistic, but this is a big move for a true freshman

one can see what I am talking about on Braxton's winning last-minute TD pass, I implore you all, to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwuXzK5Mehs&feature=youtu.be

Fuck Michigan

Goddamn winter storm hits last night during prime time, turning my evening college football watching plans into candle-flame watching. I think I need to find a good sports bar somewhere that isn't blocked off by fallen trees and cry into my beer as I watch some NFL today.

I really wanted to see Andrew Luck play, I don't really get many chances with my broadcast schedule. I see that the game went to 3OT but my connection ATM is shit... Did any of you guys watch this game? How was it?

where do you live in Boston? when I lived in Kenmore Square I would hit up Game On!

you should go in the basement on Saturday *troll fase* they have one of the most impressive Ohio State fan bars not in Ohio that I've ever seen

also, I took the T to Chesnut Hill by Boston College to a great sports bar called Sports Authority or something. that one was a lot of fun, good college game day atmosphere

I really wanted to see Andrew Luck play, I don't really get many chances with my broadcast schedule. I see that the game went to 3OT but my connection ATM is shit... Did any of you guys watch this game? How was it?

I was definitely a west-coast classic, high scoring game with long TD passes and runs. Luck threw a pick-6 with just over 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter to put SC up by 7, then the Cards engineer a great drive to tie it up and end up winning in the 3rd overtime. They also did a pretty lengthy post-game interview with Luck and he seems like a good dude. Can you watch the replay on ESPN3 online? It should be on the website under the Replays section.

edit its on this page http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/replay/

let me just say that it still feels so good to best Wisconsin, a formerly thought of far superior and elite team

I'm not used to the Buckeyes coming back and winning like that. I miss God aka Jim Tressel, but his teams WERE NOT built to come back from a deficit. when Tress won those big BCS games in Miami (for NC), Oregon (Rose Bowl), and Arkansas (last year, Sugar Bowl) - it was all because they got started early and gained some points to then force the other team in a game of Tressel-Ball

feels good mang. the game has still been the talk of the town, when I get to entertain people actually from Columbus in my hotel-bar

maybe Pander Bear will finally eat crow for saying that the Buckeyes were a shit team due to being shit. the Buckeyes may still be bad, but they can finish this season with only 3 losses, and mind you that's while playing some pretty good competition. while the Big Ten doesn't have a National Title threat, unlike the SEC or the Pac-10 the conference has solid teams from top to bottom (even shit sammiches like Illinois or PSU are actually at least half-decent). I'm sure my SEC friends can agree that these type of schedules are usually the most brutal, because you can't let your guard up during EACH and EVERY week

my question: is tOSU's true freshman QB Braxton Miller going to be better and have a better legacy than former QB Terrelle Pryror? I know that TP wouldn't have been able to make that last-minute winning throw that TRUE FROSH Braxton Miller made last Saturday! he's making a nice little case for himself here

hopefully Urban Meyer coaches him the FUCK UP ala Tim Teblow for the Gaytors

OH LOL

http://espn.go.com/college-football...bulldogs-suspend-three-running-backs-one-game

Georgia running backs Isaiah Crowell, Carlton Thomas and Ken Malcome will be suspended for the Bulldogs' game against New Mexico State game on Saturday, coach Mark Richt confirmed.

Richt would not discuss the reason behind the suspensions, only that a violation of team rules occurred."They didn't do things the Georgia way," Richt said.

Crowell, a true freshman who had 18 carries for 81 yards in Georgia's 24-20 victory over Southeastern Conference archrival Florida last weekend, is the team's leading rusher and ranks fifth in the SEC with 689 yards on 146 carries.

Thomas, a junior who is listed second on the depth chart to Crowell, is the Bulldogs' third-leading rusher with 200 yards on 44 carries. He carried only four times for 2 yards against Florida.

Malcome, a redshirt freshman who considered leaving the team earlier this season over a lack of playing time, has appeared in only one game. He had one carry for no gain against Coastal Carolina.

Three suspensions at the same position will leave Georgia incredibly thin. Moreover, second-leading rusher Richard Samuel (240 yards on 73 carries), who had a season-high 58 yards against the Gators, suffered an ankle injury on the final play in the game. Samuel had surgery to repair the damage on Tuesday and will be out for four weeks, Richt said.

The next running back on the depth chart is redshirt sophomore Brandon Harton, who had 11 carries for 33 yards against Coastal Carolina in his only action this season.

When asked if Harton would be the starter, Richt said, "I don't know about that."

Cornerbacks Brandon Boykin and Branden Smith, both of whom have made appearances on offense in the past, could figure into the mix.

"We'll kind of see how it goes, but everybody else who resembles a running back will be competing," Richt said.

How long do you suppose staff sat on that? I think we're looking at Evil Richt here. ;) He probably didn't leave an email trail about it (evil!)

This ranks pretty low on the Richter scale.

Do you think what they did was Richt or wrong?

They're gonna be back for the Auburn game, Richt?

I wouldn't worry about losing to NMSU Richt now.

Maybe Richt Ross could come play RB for UGA.

RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCHHHHHHTTTTT

Status
Not open for further replies.