• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
youre right about the first part. Maybe if there was more big 10 parity in the past ten years youd think differently.

PS, keni and I are going to teach your gf about michigan's great and storied football tradition, and the many many charms of ann arbor.

I guess that's where we are separate as fans. although I don't think my conference is as bad as this year's lopsided bowl victories show, as an Ohio State fan I suppose I have possibly conditioned myself to treat other Big Ten teams with contempt (the ones that I already don't despise as a fan in the first place)

while these teams go back from sucking to being above-average, my Buckeyes will always be the cream of the football crop. we had a little bit of a bad run in some National Championship games (thanks failed BCS system for putting us in there when we shouldn't have in 07), but usually tOSU wins in the BCS games as shown via Jim Tressel having the record of the most BCS wins of all time due to a coach

while these programs have great coaches also (JoePa and Kirk Ferentz come to mind), there petty struggles sicken me. I say get your act together

just think: if a disaster like the tOSU just experienced via their starters selling goods ever happened to Iowa or even Wisconsin? dare I say that program would be in shambles for about three years. however, JT is a genius and I think he has somehow gotten all 6 starters to come back next year, which is amazing when you are dealing with such herp derps as Terrelle Pryor

I dunno, I guess I hate my conference too much to root for them. I think that my team, the Ohio State Buckeyes, is ten times better than my conference. or your conference, or any NCAA football conference there is right now

/end tOSU caricature ;) even though it rings half-truths for me

yeah, i guess. plus, what does your conference even stand for? when I think SEC a whole bunch comes to mind (good and bad -- cheating, championships, thugs, massive consumption of alcohol, fucking on hoods of cars, eating your mascot, etc) but nothing but ohio state comes to mind when i think of yours.

its totally awesome when the crowd just chants "SEC! SEC! SEC!" at the end of the game, it's so mean and vicious and awesome.

I think you may a bit too young to agree with me here, but when I think of the Big Ten I think of tradition

and then the Ohio State University ;)

ya, because they run their table every year because they're from a skidmark of a conference, and a skidmark of a region of America.

the South does blow. and yes, tOSU was backed into the National Championship game against your also very mediocre LSU Tigers. what a horrible year for college football that was. this is why the BCS system is bogus

speaking of Big Ten and the LSU, looks like Les Miles going to Michigan is almost a done deal?

as will 5 to 7 SEC teams.

OMG SEC delusions of grandeur once again. your conference only had, I'd say, two elite teams this year - Arkansas and Auburn. LSU's offense was too impotent for them to be considered anywhere near elite, and Alabama just lost too much (sry McElroy)

Last edited:
wow, what a joke. these two teams look like shit

3 turnovers total in the middle of the 1st Quarter already? there becomes a time when you ain't even playing football anymore

SEC 5 straight!! Oh and Axel.....OSU got rocked twice in that streak! Weren't sure if you remembered or not!

what a big steaming pile of bad-call/no-call BULLSHIT.

fairley should've been ejected. face-masks and late-hits ALL OVER THE PLACE. only 2 of which were actually called.

The Big Ten crew did an excellent job dude. Your team lost even after Cam Newton played the worst 60 minutes of his career.

Five years running-- if you want to beat the best, you want to beat the SEC. Les miles would be a fool to move unless he's being forced out.

we had a little bit of a bad run in some National Championship games (thanks failed BCS system for putting us in there when we shouldn't have in 07), but usually tOSU wins in the BCS games as shown via Jim Tressel having the record of the most BCS wins of all time due to a coach

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=5549059&postcount=603

axl ca. 2007 said:
I found myself actually defending LSU because I feel that they deserve to be in the NC just as much as OSU. although I thought the SEC was pretty weak this year, it is still the SEC. I guess I have learned over the years that the two most impressive teams from either the SEC, Big 10, or Pac-10 will make it to the big dance.

LSU and OSU were the most impressive all year.

IDK jim-- you sounded pretty gung ho about your chances then.

the most impressive in the absolute worst year of college football ever. I realize they had to send my team, because there was nobody else to send, but it doesn't mean that they deserved it. I do wish that West Virginia would have made it instead of LSU, ensuring a tOSU win over Dick Rod a year before he even goes to Ann Arbor

the Big Ten officiating crew did a good job, it wasn't like the shit I had to deal with in the Sugar Bowl. both teams should have done more hurry-up as I'm sure the Big Ten refs wouldn't have been able to keep up

ZING!

but man, both offenses played like shit. they made two mediocre defenses look great

we all know, not just smotpoker and myself, that tOSU woulda beat both of those teams!

we all know, not just smotpoker and myself, that tOSU woulda beat both of those teams!

Bama, among other teams, could have taken apart Oregon's game pretty fucking quickly, too.

Everyone here is aware that three years from now, no one will have won the NC this year, right? After Auburn gets its sanctions going and the NCAA declares Cam ineligible, it will be another vacancy.

For the record, I am not a fan of revisionist history. I believe in putting programs on major probation, maybe even the "death penalty" if the infractions are repeated during probation, but I hate the idea of taking away national titles. Every program has some dirt on it, some more than others, but you cannot take away something that has already happened.

What a terrible game, both offenses looked like crap.

2 things

Fairley is a dirty SOB
Newton is not a first rounder,some of those throws were so innacurate they were almost Jamarcus-esque.

ya, he cost himself millions playing like that. I don't think it was a bad game though. Defenses showed up ready to play. I didn't even notice the first quarter was scoreless from until it was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.