• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern conspiracy?

year-after-year, in the post-season it seems that the SEC as a whole gets dealt teams that are inferior ;)

where Texas A&M had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more points per game than LSU by far. 8)

doubt it's southern conspiracy, more like other teams won't step up to the plate.

Typical Southern Thickies.....

I realise that SEC education doesnt amount to much , but where did i say that A&M would win ???

All i said was Ryan T was the troof......

A&M has no chance
Oregon has somewhat of a chance... ?

I haven't decided yet if Oregon has a chance or not. their QB is okay at running the ball and lacks big time when passing the ball... I just see them doing some herp derping on the big stage if they couldn't even beat the Buckeyes last year

finally, it's not just Axl "the Great Hope of the North" Blaze VS the South, anymore

A&M had no chance

I haven't decided yet if Oregon has a chance or not. their QB is okay at running the ball and lacks big time when passing the ball... I just see them doing some herp derping on the big stage if they couldn't even beat the Buckeyes last year

finally, it's not just Axl "the Great Hope of the North" Blaze VS the South, anymore

A&M had no chance

Game will be over by HT

I hope not! specially not after last year's gayfest of a BCS Title Game where Colt McCoy successfully altered his first name, forever, to "Twink"

what kind of a name is "Colt?" I don't think you Southerners fully understand how funny you are to us Northerners. "Colt" is only a bad ass name in the State of Texas or in Shreveport, LA

Texas isnt the south, sport-- texas is texas. It was its own country for a while FFS.

the BCS National Championship game is nearing, and I feel like I still DGAF over who wins

I've never really felt like this before. I know all you SEC fans will be rooting for Auburn, doing that cute little number that you always do in the post-season by rooting for teams in your conference. I still don't get this, I could never see myself rooting for Michigan or Penn State in bowl games

what about Shreveport lol?

or Biloxi

neither one of those were it's own country, nor do either of those cities have college football teams so i don't get why the fuck they are mentioned? unless you are looking for a beach vacation or a place with good metal, i sincerely hope you are just confused man

I still don't get this, I could never see myself rooting for Michigan or Penn State in bowl games
Your loss, I guess-- its fun.

what about Shreveport lol?

or Biloxi

What about them? They're both emphatically southern. Colt was born in new mexico, btw.

but where did i say that A&M would win ???
Sorry I took your repeated endorsements of them to mean something more than peanut gallery cheering. 8(

is there virtue and erudition in ad hominem where you're from?

case in point, Kenickie's Auburn avatar. first I thought your college team was LSU, then it was Arkansas, and now you have an Auburn avatar?

I wish I could mince around and sport a Penn State avatar when they played Florida, or perhaps a Wisconsin avatar when they played in the Rose Bowl. however, even thinking about sporting another team in the Big Ten's colors makes me sick to my stomach. ever see that classic NCAA college football commercial with the guy in tOSU jersey making out with a girl in a Michigan jersey? I could never date a Michigan fan, and that's the honest truth

I'm not saying your rivalries don't mean nothing. that would be short-handing some fantastic rivalries like the Cocktail Party or Auburn VS Bama. however, I do think that once again what you are doing South of the Mason-Dixon Line is silly ;)

you can call it "fun," but I will call it "retching"

I know all you SEC fans will be rooting for Auburn, doing that cute little number that you always do in the post-season by rooting for teams in your conference. I still don't get this, I could never see myself rooting for Michigan or Penn State in bowl games

Multiple reasons:

1) Whether your team played them and lost, or played them and won, either way if they win their bowl it lends to that "Strength Of Schedule" thingy and gives us the opportunity to say "yeah, we lost to them to but not as bad" or "haha, we beat them, and they beat you!"

2) How many years come and go where there isn't a discussion on which conference is better than another? And given the limited number of ooc regular season games, the bowls increase the pool of wins-losses by which to compare.

3) Take it a step further and there is even a 'contest' for the winningest conference in each bowl season called the "Bowl Challenge Cup" (ref for 2010)

4) The more you win, the more airtime you get...which helps recruiting, revenues, everything about your program. The success of your peers influences your success.

5) Money to buy the best players coaches and have the best facilities. Yes, having a big stadium draws fans and money...but how much more is there for teams that go to bowls, and for conferences with a lot of bowl participants (see: revenue sharing). How much more for the winner?

Under the common working theory of "To Be The Best, You Have To Beat The Best"....what defines "Best"? I think that, and bragging rights, is at the heart of most SEC fans. I've enjoyed every SEC team beating a Little10+2 team, even moreso living in the midst of them. I'd say the playable rivals I hate the most are FSU and UGA (when they were competitive), and certainly MIA (whenever we can get it arranged) - any chance to beat them was savored. But outside of my team versus theirs, I want them running the table as much as possible to help my team's standings. That's really what it is.

case in point, Kenickie's Auburn avatar. first I thought your college team was LSU, then it was Arkansas, and now you have an Auburn avatar?

I wish I could mince around and sport a Penn State avatar when they played Florida, or perhaps a Wisconsin avatar when they played in the Rose Bowl. however, even thinking about sporting another team in the Big Ten's colors makes me sick to my stomach. ever see that classic NCAA college football commercial with the guy in tOSU jersey making out with a girl in a Michigan jersey? I could never date a Michigan fan, and that's the honest truth

I'm not saying your rivalries don't mean nothing. that would be short-handing some fantastic rivalries like the Cocktail Party or Auburn VS Bama. however, I do think that once again what you are doing South of the Mason-Dixon Line is silly ;)

you can call it "fun," but I will call it "retching"

isn't it enough that i hate ohio state? why would i root for anyone but arkansas in that game? do i like auburn? any other day but today, no.

axl i think maybe your priorities are wrong but maybe i'll just leave it at it's a southern thing to root for southerners so us southerners are going to keep doing that, mmkay? ;)

+1 to TLB

I dunno, I guess I hate my conference too much to root for them. I think that my team, the Ohio State Buckeyes, is ten times better than my conference. or your conference, or any NCAA football conference there is right now

/end tOSU caricature ;) even though it rings half-truths for me

Status
Not open for further replies.