• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oral morphine doses for beginners vs. hydrocodone doses

muie

Bluelighter
I've heard mixed reports on the bioavilability of morphine, some claiming that it is equal to hydocodone compared MG per MG, while other claim it is weaker.

From your experiences, what is stronger 60mg oral morphine or 60mg oral hydrocodone?

Unfortunatley I cannot/will not shoot due a needle phobia I can't get past. Even when I was using 1g of down a day I would just chase the dragon with it & using up to 900mg (0.9) almost 1g a day of good down while my friends who would shoot it only needed 100mg-200mg a day at the most (not even 0.25g).

Please help me out here b/c the morphine i've found around here is very expensive at the same price as H...STOP POSTING PRICES for 100mg basically since the people that sell morphine and dilaudid are the same people who shoot that stuff, in which case both D's and Morphine are as good as gold but for people that won't/can't shoot they really aren't worth that much.

As a side note, I haven't heard much about smoking morphine (esp Contins) on foil like with down, though I've had maybe 1 hit of a 40mg oxy piece on foil with very low tolerence and remeber that it was very hard to hold in and very disgusting tasting while with H i can hold in and enjoy myself....it tastes like flowers, or what I immagine opium to smell like..very pleasant anyways, while oxy on foil is absolutley disgusting and even made me a bit nausiated not from the high but from the taste, hence the only 1 hit. The 1 hit made me feel that there was indeed a difference between smoked and oral/snorted oxy, just like smoked v.s snorted heroin where the buzz was MUCH more in the head than on the body...more up, not necessarily more euphoric but defenatily more outgoing and productive however I don't think it would last very long the high from smoked oxy since orally its at the most 3hrs, while H snorted is about double if not more than 6hrs. So besides the disgusting taste and the binders and fillers in oxys, there is also the time factor making it really worthless smoking it all the time, on the other hand heroin only less than 10% of the time I used I would snort otherwise i would always chase it on foil.

There is also another theory that people smoke opium all the time (to be honest I'm not sure the proper way opium is smoked but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be chased/placed on foil rather I think you can smoke it on top of weed or tabbaco putting the flame right on it, that is). The only bad long term effect of opium comes from codeine in the smoking it causes fluid in the lungs however morphine hasn't been shown to cause harmful (like codine) effects in the long term when smoked.

So another question is can you smoke morphine pills (be they instant or continous release) like you can smoke oxy's or better yet like you can smoke H?

Last edited by a moderator:
hydro has more bioavilability than morphine plz do cwe save your liver be safe

morphine can be good if mix with inducer or a inhibitor quinidine club soda or quinine found in leg cramp supplements but on its own is stronger IV
they have wax nano fillers and binders so smoking is not as effective as H when vaporized

Morphine and hydrocodone are roughly equivalent orally and this is regardless of the BA... when they give people 10mg of morphine it has the same effect on pain as when they give people 10mg of hydrocodone.

--->BDD

They are equivalent in strength according to conversion charts however due to Morphine's so incredibly low oral bioavailability, Hydrocodone takes the crown as stronger. I would choose 60mg of Hydrocodone over 60mg of MSContin. Easily.

I would choose 60mg of Hydrocodone over 60mg of MSContin. Easily.

So would I.

I think that their eqivalent dosages for pain relief are a lot closer than their equivalent doses for euphoria. It takes a pretty high dose of morphine before I start to feel euphoric, whereas relatively low doses of hydrocodone can produce euphoria, although it will not last very long.

Last edited:
Yeah, I need about 200mg of Morphine (MSContin) before I start feeling something enjoyable.

Im the opposite of most in this thread. Ime, 20mg of Morphine orally is stronger than 20mg of hydrocodone & it lasts longer. Now mixing both at the same time is quite a treat :)

Both together is very nice but I like hydrocodone better for oral intake. The reason being is I've been shot up with morphine and really oral morphine is complete shit sometimes to me. I wouldn't pass up either though.. Both good drugs in my opinion just depends on personal preference.

Honestly I don't like taking morphine orally... As the user said above shooting morphine is a much stronger/better high. So I will have to pick hydrocodone on this one....it's much stronger orally to me than morphine is.

I'm reopening this thread to stimulate some more discussion about the oral use of morphine vs. hydrocodone (orally as well) by beginners and those first getting into opiates.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I'm reopening this thread to stimulate some more discussion about the oral use of morphine vs. hydrocodone (orally as well) by beginners and those first getting into opiates.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks Hood! Seems Morphine isnt metabolized as well as other opiates in the body but for some reason, it hits me pretty hard.

SWIM has recently got into opiates and 25mg oxycodone is always a nice buzz for him he recently got ahold of some 30mg morphine pills is 30mg of morphine a safe a dose? And which is more potent oxycodone or morphine?

SWIM has recently got into opiates and 25mg oxycodone is always a nice buzz for him he recently got ahold of some 30mg morphine pills is 30mg of morphine a safe a dose? And which is more potent oxycodone or morphine?

30mgs of morphine is equal to 30mgs of hydrcodone........if you can handle 25mgs of oxycodone, you won't have any problems with the morphine.

Now that hydrocodone is available in an extended release formulation, Zohydro, I wonder how it compares to the extended release morphine. I take 20 mg's of er morphine 3 times a day, and would like see if anyone has taken both the er morphine and er hydrocodone, if so how do they compare for pain relief?

Now that hydrocodone is available in an extended release formulation, Zohydro, I wonder how it compares to the extended release morphine. I take 20 mg's of er morphine 3 times a day, and would like see if anyone has taken both the er morphine and er hydrocodone, if so how do they compare for pain relief?

I would like to try Zohydro as well........for me, 15mg Morphine ER is more stronger than 15mgs of hydrocodone, its a big difference to me.

Looking forward to hopefully my doctor prescribing Zohydro but it seems it's so hard to get it prescribed thanks to the negative press.

Last edited:
Oral Morphine is not very potent. As a lot of people will tell you, IV is the only way to maximize the potential of this substance. You've already said that you do not IV, so that's a moot point.

You don't have a lot of options with hydrocodone as it's only packaged with NSAIDS (except of course for Zohydro which is creeping its way onto the market). This makes IV/IM/SC use difficult without doing a CWE. Hydrocodone isn't supposed to be IV'd anyway for the same reason Codeine isn't: Anyphylaxis, although it's allegedly a less severe situation with the former.

In my opinion, the PO Hydrocodone has way more recreational value than PO Morphine. Based upon the OP's opiate experience, 60mgs of hydrocodone is enough to get a good buzz going without being dangerous. That's all dependent upon what OP's current intake is though.

Sorry to being up an old post, but this seemed like the appropriate place to ask. If one were to chew up & swallow 4, 30mg MS ER tablets, he/she would (roughly) feel the same effects as 120mg of Hydrocodone?

I tried 20 mgs of morphine orally and it did absolutely nothing for me. I normally take about 30 hydros with a few beers and get a nice feeling. I have an almost endless supply of morphine(for now) so I really wish I liked them.