• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which is better Heroin or Dilaudid?

David Kowalski

Ex-Bluelighter
"I(or SWIM) have been a user of Dilaudid for many years and I have always enjoyed the rush from taking it IV. I recently tried Heroin for the first time and I did not think that the rush from Heroin was even close to the rush from Dilaudid. As a matter of fact, I did not think it was even in the same league. I did do the amount the recommended by this chart;

http://www.uofapain.med.ualberta.ca/For%20Professionals/Opioid%20conversion/Opioid%20conversion_PDF.pdf

According to this chart 5mgs of IV Heroin is equal to 10mg of IV Morphine. Then based on that I used this chart to figure how much morphine is equal to 12mgs of Dilaudid(my normal dose). Here is the chart;

http://www.medcalc.com/narcotics.html

If 5mg of H is equal to 10mg of morphine then this should mean that you need twice as much Morphine as Heroin for the same affect.

I normally take 12mg of Dilaudid IV at a time so put Dilaudid as drug name on the top line of the chart, the route should be IV/IM and the amount as 12mg Then click "calculate" and the conversion chart says that 12mg of Dilaudid is equal to 92.3mg of IV morphine and if you only need to take half of that amount of heroin since 5mg of H is equal to 10mg morphine so this means 46.15mg of Heroin is equal to 12mg of Dilaudid. Well when I did only 50mg of Heroin, I felt no rush and the affect of Vicodin was better then the 50mg of Heroin. Most of the conversion charts are not 100% accurate but they are really close. Just in case the conversion was a little more different then it stated in the chart, I did 100mg the second time and this time I did get a rush, but it was NOTHING compared to Dilaudid. I even think Oxycontin IV has a better rush then the Heroin did. But again this could be because the conversion charts are not very accurate and are probably on the safe side so no one dies from their recommendations.

Maybe the conversion is wrong and along with the possibility(or certainty) that the H was not 100% pure, I just didn't do enough. That is why I am making this post.

The heroin I'm sure was not 100% pure, but it was high in purity as it came as a rock like a rock of cocaine would look like if it was chopped right off the kilo. This usually means that no cut has been added to it as it is hard to make it into a hard chunk like that again. That's why when you by H or cocaine(not crack) and it is a rock, you know it will be good. If the package is full of pure powder like you see in the movies, then you know it has been cut. I recommend that you never by H or coke if it is pure power only because the only reason to break it up is to add something to it.

Can anybody that has a lot of experience using both of these drugs give their opinion of which one they think gives the best rush, Dilaudid or Heroin. Please only give your opinion based on your own personal experience and not on opinions you have heard from other. I only want to hear from the people that have actually did both so they can give an accurate opinion.

I would like to get as many opinions as possible so that I can get more data to make a better decision.

Again, please only reply if you have IV both Heroin and Dilaudid. I need to find out because I am prescribe D's for pain right now and I am losing my insurance at the end of the month. Heroin is much cheaper(at least I thought it was when I thought 100mg would do the trick)

When my insurance runs out, I need to decide if I should pay for my Dilaudid prescription or buy H, especially since it is cheaper and if most of the replies say that H is better, then I will probably have to start buying H instead of the D's

Dilaudid for me. I don't like to use street powders, not sure what's in them.

I love dilaudid. I use heroin because dilaudud is so tightly controlled in this part of the country it's almost impossible to get. It didn't used to be that way 20 years ago. I broke my ankle last year and I milked the hospital for every bit of dilaudid I could get... it was nice while it lasted.

Dilaudid, FTW

I haven't had extensive experience with Heroin. Only a few recreational bouts of smoking it or snorting it, so not the 'experience', as they'd say.

But I do have experience with both, though I had a ton more experience with Dilaudid before I ever thought I'd give down a whirl.

To be honest, Heroin, the holy grail of 'Do Not Fuck With This Drug', was tame compared to my little penchant for Dilaudid.

Also, Hi! I'm a new member, my name is Rob, and I'm struggling out of a Dilaudid/Oxycodone addiction and connecting with communities that know about such things.

I was quite surprised that down had such an negligible effect, though it is *much* cheaper than the pure, medical grade Dilaudid. I'd generally do four 8mgs in a night, rather than the 1 or 2 points of H.

I am, too this day, terrified of Heroin. But what's a cash-strapped opiate addict to do? My new answer is over the counter codeine in a cold water extraction. By my calculations I've done 520mg of codeine over the course of the evening, and I'm not entirely sure if that was a great idea yet. I guess we'll find out!

When my insurance runs out, I need to decide if I should pay for my Dilaudid prescription or buy H, especially since it is cheaper and if most of the replies say that H is better, then I will probably have to start buying H instead of the D's
You seriously think heroin is anywhere near as cheap as picking up a script of something the generic has been out for decades? Are you retarded?

You seriously think heroin is anywhere near as cheap as picking up a script of something the generic has been out for decades? Are you retarded?

Lay off him. There's absolutely no telling how much generic might cost. I'm on your side, I agree it is almost certainly cheaper, but you never know. street H from a reputable source can come from pretty cheap. If it's the high you're after you're not doing '1' or '2' of even the generic version.

Disclaimer: I don't actually know, but I just thought you could've provided more information and less antagonism.

Cheers, good day to all.

LastChanceKids

Dillies. Definitely the dillies. The rush is so much more of a....How do I put it? RUSH. Funny though, for some reason I *CRAVE* H(BTH) more than I ever did any pharm IV'd.

I wonder what that is all about anyway? Fuckin Evil Shite lol.

Maybe the conversion is wrong and along with the possibility(or certainty) that the H was not 100% pure, I just didn't do enough. That is why I am making this post.

The heroin I'm sure was not 100% pure, but it was high in purity as it came as a rock like a rock of cocaine would look like if it was chopped right off the kilo. This usually means that no cut has been added to it as it is hard to make it into a hard chunk like that again. That's why when you by H or cocaine(not crack) and it is a rock, you know it will be good. If the package is full of pure powder like you see in the movies, then you know it has been cut. I recommend that you never by H or coke if it is pure power only because the only reason to break it up is to add something to it.

Most likely the heroin wasn't even near to 100%, the average purity of heroin is less than 50%. You can't tell the purity of heroin by looking at it. You know why cocaine is usually in rock form...because its been cut and the re-rocked. You know that its been cut if its in rock form because nobody sells coke straight off a kilo. They just don't. The bigger the rock, the usually more its been cut. But then again, like I said, you can't tell by just looking at it. People would start dropping like flies if the purity (heroin) was 100%. If you live on the east coast you could have something near 70%...if you've got the best of the best. You can't accurately compare heroin on a conversion chart because purity can be in such a big range. Maybe 25% pure, maybe 75%.

The rush of hydromorphone is more potent than that of diamorphine but heroin is a more euphoric stable high from my experience. I prefer heroin over hydromorphone but I like the rush of dilaudid more.

I think i get what fryingsquirrel was saying. H might be the cheaper choice now but in the long run more than likely not. Who do you trust more a dealer or a pharmacy?

I think i get what fryingsquirrel was saying. H might be the cheaper choice now but in the long run more than likely not. Who do you trust more a dealer or a pharmacy?
That's true, but what I really meant was that for someone who has a script dilaudid is FAR cheaper than heroin or any black market drug. Prices aren't allowed, and I don't remember exactly anyway, but a script of dilaudid (well, one of the generics anyway) was cheap as dirt. Less than the street price of a single 4 mg pill.

And my apologies to the OP for coming off like a dick.

That's true, but what I really meant was that for someone who has a script dilaudid is FAR cheaper than heroin or any black market drug. Prices aren't allowed, and I don't remember exactly anyway, but a script of dilaudid (well, one of the generics anyway) was cheap as dirt. Less than the street price of a single 4 mg pill.

And my apologies to the OP for coming off like a dick.

Do you mind telling me where abouts you reside? Scripts for dilaudud are very hard to come by around here... you have to be near dead with cancer to get it outside of a hospital.

best buzz? shoot heroin (dogfood known around here)
mild relaxed buzz (plug a dilauda)

H is by far the best, and worst. if u want to throw ur life away, do ya some dogfood. i been there MANY times. aint worth it bro, unless u have unbelievable good willpower. mine is very good but one sniff or shot of some china and ull be a goner.. hooked i mean.
i was 18 puttin a glock to peoples heads to get their shit. robbin small time dealers in cincinnati every day at gunpoint. been chased thru woods by german sheppards. ive even had a gun to my head a couple times. i was pronounced dead OD'd ~6-7 times. i think the 3rd time i OD'd this dude i was with pushed me out of the driver seat into the gutter; IN MY OWN DAMN CAR, and hops in the driver seat, and takes off to go sell his pills and get more dope. thankfully an older couple saw me pale/blue in the gutter and called 911. later that night my car was found wrecked up, pills all over the back, dogfood spilt on the seats, and he was gone. oh ya another time i OD'd, i turned blue and my dude threw me in my car, and took my home. put me on the ground by my door, rang the doorbell and took off. imagine what my parents thought u know? my mom hasnt been the same.. Dog will ruin your life man. u can have fun with it every now n then but trust me- DO NOT DO IT DAILY. THIS IS SOO EASY TO GET HOOKED ON

KNOW WHAT YOUR FUCKING WITH. DONT COME TO A ONLINE FORUM AND SAY, 'Hey, whats the coolest drug to do?' It amazes me, how many people come on here and ask people what drug they should do, and obviously dont sound experienced in either substance, especially like Heroin, Meth, shit like that. But i was young n stupid too, but i mean come on. Not puttin down bluelight or anything, i love this site.. but some of the people on here man, shouldnt be able to view sites like this, or ask dumbass questions.. I saw one post that say "Heroin is OK?" lol its like come on, look at what u just posted.

Sry about rambling on so long, damn roxis get me goin :) stick to some pills man, its a better chance of you not dying and killing your mother or father inside. start with low doses. at least with pills u know exactly what ur getting. when i first moved to FLA, i went to the city to score some H. this shit looked real, smelled real, even tasted real. and i am very experienced with dog. i did a tiny little shot to test it, the SMALLEST shot (like 3-5cc's) and i kid you not, my whole face swelled up to the point i could hardly breathe, i couldnt see, hardly hear (n heard bells), i couldnt quit sneezing, and i was bright red. severe allergic reactions. Im just saying, BE SAFE, BE SMART

Last edited:
My only experience with dilaudid is IV in a hospital setting. I have years of experience injecting heroin but dilaudid sure is a treat. Compared to morphine, it feels like more of a "head" high whereas morphine you feel in your gut and body more. Just my two cents.

i think heroin feels better but i wouldnt buy street drugs anymore.
dilaudid just doesnt do it for me at all.

Hydromorphone (dilaudid) is known for it's rush, which is in general, better than heroins rush, but I've done heroin that had the exact same rush as diluadid, but on most days, dilaudid would give a better rush with a high enough dose.

I never though dilaudid was that much better though that I would use it over heroin. I mean, its all rush, period. With heroin, the rush is similar if it's good dope and it's got legs. Now if you want the best of both worlds, oxymorphone is the drug for you, it's got a better rush than either dilaudid or heroin and it's got legs and potency.

There is a reason that heroin is illegal even for use in the treatment of pain and Dilaudid is not. For a long time Oxymorphone was also not available for pain management because people felt that it's addictive potential outweighed it's efficacy as a narcotic (basically meaning, an equipotent dose of morphine will do just as good of a job, and theirs less risk of psychological addiction).