Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

The most disturbing film you have seen?

like when the kid's ball rolls into jim's yard during the interview. didn't really take note of that until i was going back to find the quote about the teeth.

Yeah I noticed that hehe. edited so as not to spoil anything.

Last edited:
I found this list while researching snuff films; for the poster looking for demented films:
Notable Snuff-Related Films: Peeping Tom (1960) Snuff (1976) Hardcore (1979) Cannibal Holocaust (1980) Tesis (1996) Mute Witness (1994) 8mm (1999) Urban Legends: Final Cut (2000) My Little Eye (2002) Vacancy (2007) The Condemned (2007)

In no particular order..
I'd have to agree w/ 8 mm and requiem for a dream..
I'd also add:
Kids
Strange Land

August Underground, A Serbian Film, Sick Nurses, Mum & Dad, I think A Clockwork Orange should be up there with the sickest.... I watched that film when I was young, used to scared the shit out of me proper.

Heard Irreversible is nasty too

yeah that movie [Irreversible] is fairly fucked. i actually found the unending rape scene quite hard to get through.

Just saw it and thought exactly the same. It lasted forever, really disturbing scene. I thought it was a good movie, I would watch it again (skipping the rape scene this time).

Agree with those mentioning "Kids", not sure would say it disturbed me but it was definitely unpleasant, saw it in the theater with my girlfriend and we were nauseated the whole time. Larry Clarke's direction felt like a paedophile that knows just how far to go without actually crossing the line, so the tragedy of the storyline and the underlying suspicion of Clarke's motives make it a double whammy. Know he made an even more controversial film later but had/have no desire to see it

A disturbing documentary that got a lot of notice when it came out but doesn't seem to get mentioned much anymore is "Brother's Keeper" about 2 brothers on an isolated farm in rural New York state. Incest, murder, squalid country poverty, near retardation, it's a very sad movie. It also hit home personally cause I grew up not too far from the brothers' farm and witnessed a lot of similarly grotesque situations-- incestuous families barely above bovine intelligence literally living in animal feces. Unfortunately the brothers while at the far end of the scale aren't totally unique for the poor rural areas of NY and Vermont

Human centipede and human centipede 2 the second one was so gnarly right when he started teh surgery i had to stop the film it was too gruesome for me to watch.

tried watching "lost highway" (David Lynch) again to see if it was still as disturbing, that was a month ago, still haven't finished it, it's messed up..

A disturbing documentary that got a lot of notice when it came out but doesn't seem to get mentioned much anymore is "Brother's Keeper" about 2 brothers on an isolated farm in rural New York state. Incest, murder, squalid country poverty, near retardation, it's a very sad movie. It also hit home personally cause I grew up not too far from the brothers' farm and witnessed a lot of similarly grotesque situations-- incestuous families barely above bovine intelligence literally living in animal feces. Unfortunately the brothers while at the far end of the scale aren't totally unique for the poor rural areas of NY and Vermont

In case anyone is interested, it's on youtube (full-length): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvroFeisc9k

31712.jpg

^ Man, if you think that movie's disturbing, I'd be interested in what you think of Irreversible, A Serbian Film, or the August Underground series.

There is an Aussie film called Snowtown. It's seriously fucked up. It's based on true events from 1994 when human remains were found in barrels in Adelaide. The guy that plays one of the the main characters did a fantastic job, it mind fucks you by watching it. Highly recommend :)

^^ Snowtown is a top flick, and seriously fucked up.

A. <3

This doc gave me the creeps. IME, the further north you go in NY or VT, the odder things get.
I used to ride along on business trips into upstate NY when I was a kid. Even at 7-8 years old, something just didn't feel right about the area and some of the people in it. This documentary reminded me of those rides. Weird feelings.