• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

feeling terrible days after taking mdma

People's bodies are different. That's the most truthful answer, but not the one everyone wants to hear. Some people recover much faster than others.

Don't be too worried. With that high of an MDMA dosage you probably have almost no Serotonin in your brain. You're naturally going to feel shitty as hell. Know that you're not alone, all my friends from New Years haven't done ANYTHING strenuous since New Years and they're all in the same boat as you.

-SWIM took 360 mg of mdma for New years (3x120mg capsules).
-The following day, SWIM still felt like he was rolling even 15 hours later. On the 3 hour ride home on Jan 1nd, SWIM would think he heard random noises or people laughing. These effect continued until getting a good night's rest Saturday night.
-Even Monday, SWIM didn't do anything and felt extremely lazy, and only got out of bed to eat and watch a bit of TV.
-It's now Tuesday night, and aside from feeling a bit lazy, SWIM has no side effects. SWIM went to the gym, ate 6 healthy meals (small portions), and has been relaxing the rest of the day.

Again, do not be alarmed. In my findings (from what I've read on the internet), damage is done with chronic regular use, and not one time usage even in fairly high doses. Of course that doesn't mean, if you roll once every 6 months you can go chomp on a gram of MDMA. 500mg of MDMA is going to ruin the following week for you, but in 99% of the cases, most will feel almost completely fine in 7-10 days.

Oh and I'm a college athlete fixing to graduate from a university and already have a great job lined up. My idea of feeling good has to involve me being able to hit a 90 mph fastball.

Don't worry too much. Do the things I listed in my previous post, and you'll be back to normal in no time. It really is a pretty safe drug, assuming you use is responsibly.

I do need to relax but i'm finding it hard to expecilly now that my guts are playing up!! My friend said it's likely that I've maybe picked up a bug due to the mdma playing with my system, or that if I had a bug in me already, its made it easier to get me sick.

I hope thats the case. I'm still convincing myself something else is up.

This is actually quite likely. MDMA can really do a number on your immune system for a number of reasons. Get some Airborne or Emergen-C to give your immune system all the help it can get.

It seems a shame to say but I think this experience has ruined it somewhat for me. I guess it depends how long it's going to take to get me back to normal as to whether I want to do it again.

As a tuesday update, I've still been having really weird dreams although these are getting less so..they're still pretty vivid though.

I still feel nauseas and this morning I again feel really spacey, like I'm just running on autopilot. It sucks! It feels like I need to wake up from a dream, even though I know I'm not asleep.

I guess paranoia is one of the side effects of too much as either I have more stuff wrong with me or I'm convincing myslef that I am. For instance, last night I was trying to get more information on what was wrong and I ended up convincing myself that I had too little salt in my body and that I was going to pass out and go into a coma. So I started eating loads of salted crisps etc. This is because I read that in cases of overdose, people who drink too much disturb the salt balance in their body, a sign of which can be nausea, and frequent trips to the toilet (both ends!). I have been doing that over the past 2 days.

Then again, i rationalised that is could be instead my body trying to get all this stuff out of the system any way it can. Also, 5htp, which i've been taking, can cause things like diarrhea etc (sorry for the info haha).

So i still don't know if im just being paranoid and freaking myself out or if there is something bad up. Can symptoms of overdose appear days after taking it?

Not really - Just eat and drink as normal. Cramming your body with extra salt etc will just make it worse. Eat and drink normally (or a few extra glasses of water to help flush your system) and sleep. It can take several days for the body to get back to normal after a heavy night (drink or drugs) - best thing is not to stress about it though.

Vitamin C is a really good antioxidant and can make you feel a bit better :)

when i first rolled i took close to your dose as well, but not as much. I too, experienced a horrible comedown for days. I have never had a comedown since, all i have now are afterglows which are extremely pleasurable.

You took WAY too much for your first time

also, i highly advise to taking 5-HTP. I heavily abused mdma last month, and before my last roll almost two weeks ago, i rolled every day, and the last 3 days i rolled i did about 3 grams of molly to myself not sleeping. Since then I have taken 5 HTP regularly, have missed doses a few times, and have experienced ZERO depression and anxiety, which is remarkable.. after the heroic doses i was taking, one after another too, christmas night i rolled on 5 and a half beans, and that was before i got into the molly.

So 5HTP deffinately works dude.. If I'm experiencing zero depression or anxiety after those doses.. then the shit helps trust me

Def going to continue with the 5htp dude. Been taking it 2x a day since sunday, although stopped on monday cos I thought it was messing with my stomach, but I reckon it can only do me and my brain good.

Just been to the shop and stocked up on loads of fruit and veg, fruit juice, sports drinks and healthy stuff, so hopefully that will help my body out a bit.

Felt really rough waking up this morning. Had flu like symptons all day so I took a couple of paracetamol, not sure if they helped, maybe maybe not.

Still feeling a bit detached from everything as well, although it seems to help a bit if I do something that keeps my mind occupied. Think I'm improving...back at work tomorrow, 9am so i'll get a good nights sleep and see how we go!

also feel free to take multiple day breaks in between your 5htp use, since too much regular isnt a good thing. I guess it takes about 2 months to recover your serotonin and fully recover from a good roll, so just take like 100mgs 3 days a week or something. or whatever works for you. but i stand by 5htp with my life that it really helps and negates depression and anxiety as a side effect

also feel free to take multiple day breaks in between your 5htp use, since too much regular isnt a good thing. I guess it takes about 2 months to recover your serotonin and fully recover from a good roll, so just take like 100mgs 3 days a week or something. or whatever works for you. but i stand by 5htp with my life that it really helps and negates depression and anxiety as a side effect

wow! thats great - I am also taking my 5htp, so the word is 2 months to recover your seratonin huh? Yeah I'm not sure about the once a month concept...

the vivid dreams are from the 5 htp.. that always happens to me when i take it. totally worth it though, it helps a ton for the come down.

omg dude, i had the most vivid fucking dreams the past couple nights because of the 5HTP. Like my dream revolved around a stable story line/plot.. with heroes, anti-heroes, and villains. I still can't beleive i had those dreams.. they were like movies. looking forward to tonights entertainment!

omg dude i get the most vivid dreams. They all involve intense and deep action packed story lines, with heroes, anti heroes, and villains, and i ALWAYS kick ass in them. I swear these dreams on 5HTP are something else, they are like movies. I cant wait for tonights entertainment ;)

omg dude i get the most vivid dreams. They all involve intense and deep action packed story lines, with heroes, anti heroes, and villains, and i ALWAYS kick ass in them. I swear these dreams on 5HTP are something else, they are like movies. I cant wait for tonights entertainment ;)

The physical side effects of the "comedown" aren't really talked about or studied as much as the emotional/mental, but there are definitely reports of cold-like symptoms, aches and pains and similar symptoms with MDMA use.

Antioxidants are probably the best thing you could give your body. Vitamin C, fresh fruits and vegetables and selenium are all great sources. 5-HTP, SSRIs and other serotonin-regulating drugs are said to reduce neurotoxicity and depression symptoms when taken after rolling and may be of some help now. (I always go back on Prozac afterward, which seems to help.) Sleep, exercise, sunlight and relaxation are also important.

Hey guys,

Though I should add an update. It is now about a week and a half since I did mdma and things are different and in some ways much worse.

Towards the end of the week, thurs, fri I was still suffering from cold like and flu symptoms and was still feeling spacey. By saturday I was feeling much better and I think I must have just picked up a bug while my immune system was down. So yay, I don't feel like death.
However, this is where things start to go bad.

By sunday afternoon I was feeling much better, stil the occasional feeling of spacey-ness but this was not so bad anymore. All of a sudden I got this weird rush of feeling over my head and my perception suddenly changed. I felt incredibly detached from everything, a bit nauseas and generally not too great. It calmed down after a while but I could tell that I wasn't feeling right.

This feeling has continued up to today. I feel completely out of it, it's such an incredibly strong feeling of depersonalisation/ derealisation. I talk to people and and am aware that the interaction doesn't seem real. If I sit and look at things they don't seem real, and seem far away (Or I feel inside myself). I've also been having really bad dreams where I think I'm awake/ asleep but I can't really tell.

It is a scary feeling because I can't really express my emotions, I'm worried about this but I don't think I'm acting worried.

The other major thing is that for 3 days my right pupil was much more dilated than the other. I'm also getting weird tingly feelings that feel like they are on my brain (excpet the brain doesn't have any nerve endings so I don't know where they are coming from). My vision also seems a bit duller.

I'm going to go to the doctors on monday and tell them everything. Googling things obviously only comes up with worst case scenarios but I'm definitely suffering from depersonalisation/ derealisation (not sure which), the only question is why, mdma, something else?
I don't want this to stay, I'm trying to stay chill but I can't help but think I've done this to myself by messing around with drugs.

Hey guys,

Though I should add an update. It is now about a week and a half since I did mdma and things are different and in some ways much worse.

Towards the end of the week, thurs, fri I was still suffering from cold like and flu symptoms and was still feeling spacey. By saturday I was feeling much better and I think I must have just picked up a bug while my immune system was down. So yay, I don't feel like death.

By sunday afternoon I was feeling much better, stil the occasional feeling of spacey-ness but this was not so bad anymore. All of a sudden I got this weird rush of feeling over my head and my perception suddenly changed. I felt incredibly detached from everything, a bit nauseas and generally not too great. It calmed down after a while but I could tell that I wasn't feeling right.

This feeling has continued up to today. I feel completely out of it, it's such an incredibly strong feeling of depersonalisation/ derealisation. I talk to people and and am aware that the interaction doesn't seem real. If I sit and look at things they don't seem real, and seem far away (Or I feel inside myself). I've also been having really bad dreams where I think I'm awake/ asleep but I can't really tell.

It is a scary feeling because I can't really express my emotions, I'm worried about this but I don't think I'm acting worried.

The other major thing is that for 3 days my right pupil was much more dilated than the other. I'm also getting weird tingly feelings that feel like they are on my brain (excpet the brain doesn't have any nerve endings so I don't know where they are coming from). My vision also seems a bit duller.

I'm going to go to the doctors on monday and tell them everything. Googling things obviously only comes up with worst case scenarios but I'm definitely suffering from depersonalisation/ derealisation (not sure which), the only question is why, mdma, something else?
I don't want this to stay, I'm trying to stay chill but I can't help but think I've done this to myself by messing around with drugs.

hey man. I'm feeling much better now... perhaps you over-did it a bit more than me and are simply taking a bit longer to get back to yourself.

Try to stop focusing on any kind of "dettachment" and just live the experience you have.. and it might start to feel "real" again. Good luck with the doc... and tell us how it goes! peace.

Also, my problem was that I triggered anxiety issues. I got some valium from the doc and it calmed me down. Try to eliminate the anxiety.. just exist as you are and relax... see how that helps!

eat right, reduce stress, get some exercise, get some magnesium, vit C..
AND SLEEP.

Ecstasy is a huge stress on your body. And your body affects your mind.

Hey guys,

any news on ur status, i too feel very dizzy an have had this brain tingling for like 5 days now

ok, so it's been a while since i posted that. Basically, here is what happened. I wnt to the doctor and they just said that it was unlikely that a one off high dose of mdma had caused any lasting effects and to just relax etc. I had a blood test done but everything was fine.

Felt weird for another couple of days and then over the course of about another 4/5 days things slowly returned to normal. After a while everything was COMPLETELY FINE, the feelings of derealisation etc had gone. So to anyone who is feeling like that, don't worry, things WILL get better.

Just give them time and as crap as you might feel, your brain just needs some time to chill out and return to normal. Everyone reacts differently to drugs and I've realised that I'm probably not the sort of person who can handle high doses. Lesson learned!

That was the good news. Unfortunately something new has come up. Since I felt back to normal I have smoked weed 4 times. 3 out of those 4 times my heart has begun to beat really really fast, I've had feelings of panic, stress, dizznyness afrerwardsetc..symptoms that feel like, i guess, a mild panic attack. This is strange as it has never happened to me before, not since taking mdma. The last time i smoked was 2 days ago, I had 4 tokes and the feelings of derealisation have returned. Not as strong as before, but enough so I notice that it is there.

I'm trusting in what I said before that it will go away eventually, but I'm wondering if i've somehow done something that would cause weed to have a negative reaction to me. Weed can cause panic attacks in some people and I wonder if perhaps my mdma use, (large dose, intense come up, feelings of derealisation for weeks after) could somehow have triggered something. Again I'm just thinking out loud as I can't really explain this new occurance.

Any ideas?

Sorry to post kind-of-the-same-thing but I have a somewhat different question...

soooo my boyfriend and i have taken Mdma a bunch of times. Ive never seen anything like this...We indulged this weekend (Sunday night) and had a great time. Come monday afternoon my boyfriend was SOOO sick: shaking, vomiting, sweating... I was thinking maybe seratonin syndrome, but I dismissed the thought as i thought it shoud have hit him sooner if that was the problem. maybe im wrong? (keep note: i took almost the same amount of the same stuff. perhaps he over did it, but hes twice my size... id think id be sick too)

anyway he was unbelievably sick all night as well last night: vomiting, shaking, etc couldn't even keep the tiniest bit of water down.

This morning he got up to go to the bathroom and walked directly into a mirror and fell face first onto the floor. He seems waaayyy more coherent now so im relieved but im still super worried.

I'd like to take him to the doctor, but only if Im sure the doctor can help him. Does anyone know of anything a doctor can do besides perhaps prescribe ssome anti nausea pills and give IV fluids? And if thats all they could do for him is it worth taking him in?

any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been around this stuff for years and ive seen people sick for a couple days but never to this extent.
Usually i'd load somebody up with gatorade and supplements and have them sleep it off but hes way beyond my realm of know how.

PLEASE HELP!

Me and brother had the same..... Get sunlight in your eyes - make sure you eat and more importantly drink cos my bro couldnt keep anything down for four days. Nightmares are intense. Got very worried on day three, with hardly any change, went to hospital ecg and blood pressure then saw gp in hospital he gave us something for dizzy/nausea sent for blood test next day. Had that - by then little better ...... Next day, day 5 much better ...... Now day 8 - all good. Over stimulation by ecstacy for one week in Ibiza cocktailed with LSD on our return led to a MOST MASSIVE COMEDOWN. If you are reading this cos you are experiencing this.... DON'T WORRY IT WILL WEAR OFF...... Maybe give your brain a break.... I am.

I took one of those Tan Dragon flies (MDA) and about a point and a half of some MDMA crystal a few weeks ago at a festival. I got so sick, 100 degree fever for a couple days and then just feeling like shit for 3 more. I Also got sick about a year ago after going to an all night rave, I ended taking almost half a gram in 8 hours.

I think that raves, festivals, and other similar shindigs are just not the cleanest of places. That coupled with your body on hyperdrive for hours on end and little to no sleep, your immune system goes to shit. Oh yea, you also then have to deal with depression, paranoia, and panic while your sick as hell.

It's still worth it =D