Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

feeling terrible days after taking mdma

mralias

Greenlighter
Hi guys.
I'm looking for some help.
I took mdma for the first time on friday night (probably just under 400mg..too much, big mistake) and I feel terrible now (monday). I don't feel how I was told I would feel and after reading through other posts I've got myself worried so some advice would be appreciated.

Basically me and my friend, both 23 both male, bought a gram off a trusted friend who uses quite often. They split it between us giving us 2 bombs each and then the rest in a bag. We took one bomb and then the 2nd one about an hour later. When I first came up I felt dizzy and my vision blurred but after a sit down I felt fine. I drank alcohol thoughout the night which I realise was probably a mistake! The rest of the night was fine.

That night I had mad dreams and the next day I felt really floaty and spacey. Sat night I again had really vivid dreams, hearing sounds etc. Sunday and today, monday, have been the worst. This is how I am feeling:

1. Nauseas, like I'm going to be sick but haven't been.
2. I have the feeling as if I'm watching me do my life from behind my eyes. Like i'm not really participating in it, I'm just going through the motions. The past few days haven't really registered.
3. My head feels stuffy, like when you have flu.
4. I'm having really mad dreams and keep twitching when i'm about to fall asleep, waking myself up. So i'm pretty tired.
5. No real appetite and my vision doesnt seem as sharp as usual.

Basically I dont feel great, while my friend had the usual comedown on the sat and didnt feel great on the sunday now feels fine. My friends who do mdma don't get these feelings. So my questions are, what the hell has happened? And how long will this last for?
I hope I havent fucked myself up. I realise I wasn't prepared to take it but had I known I'd feel like this I wouldnt have done (I know, regret isnt very useful). Has anyone else felt like this and if so, how long did it last for, what did you do?

How long should I leave it for before going to a doctor? I'm priobably just worrying myself but best to be sure!!

Think that's everything, sorry for the long post! Don't know if it's relevant but I do drink alcohol and sometimes smoke weed. Don't do any other drugs.

also, taking 5htp 2x a day as i heard that can help.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
youll get better. bad comedowns are basically a feature of taking mdma. you took a fairly big dose too which makes things worse. 5htp is bullshit.

Cheers man.
I presumed it was the correct amount to take as the friends I got it off do it a lot and know what ther're doing. However I guess they gave us the amount that they would take, and after doing a bit of reading, it does seem like I took waay too much for my first time. I hope that's all this is.

I guess the more you do, the longer it takes to recover from?

Yes, that is absolutely the case.

If you took two quarter-gram doses in a night for your first time, you'll almost certainly be feeling a little washed-out for a couple more days. That's easily twice as much as I've ever taken in a night, and I've rolled probably 3 dozen times since I started in 2007. You overdid it BIG time. If your friends gave you that gram and told you that you should split it with one other person over the course of the night and finish it, they were NOT looking out for you in any sort of responsible manner and you have a right to be a bit pissed off at them. On the other hand, you definitely should've done your own research beforehand and taken responsibility for what you put into your body, so you can't just lay all the blame on them ... and if your dosage was based on assumptions rather than advice, you can't blame them for anything. If you'd looked into it before you ate the drugs, you'd have known that half a gram is at least twice as much as anyone should ever take their first time.

In any case, you're going to be fine in the long run, just make sure you take basic care of your health (get enough sleep, get outside and be active during the day on a reasonably regular basis, eat good food 3 times a day, etc.) and the feelings will pass after a few days, a week at most. Just take it easy for a while.

If I were you I would DEFINITELY wait at LEAST 8-10 weeks before eating MDMA again. This is for two reasons ... first, you don't want to put your brain through something like that again before it's done recovering from the first one, and second, you actually want your second experience with this substance to feel good, which it will NOT if you take it again too soon after going all out like you did recently. Also, if you do decide to take this substance again, definitely don't take more than half of what you did this past time. I personally find a sweet spot at about 160mg ... in other words, about 1/3 what you took. It won't be as totally overwhelming as the first time, but from the sound of your post, that's a good thing.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply.
I totally take responsibility for taking it, it was my idea to get it, and I was definitely not prepared to take it. I do wish that my friend had given me at bit more advice about how much to take but yes, I also should have done my research.

I appreciate the advice though, I think that cos I had no idea of the effects of taking that amount, I got a bit worried after reading other peoples posts on here about their bad experiences. I'll def look after myself these next few weeks.

I think this experience did sort of ruin it for me, even though the actual night felt amazing, but if I decided to do it again I will do my research a bit more. I feel a bit stupid about this but I've learnt my lesson!

When I was younger and E was much more readily available there were days I would take 6 pills a day. This was incredibly stupid of course, as the 2nd day after the binge the bad feelins start. Terrible depression, weird buzzing in my head, and no energy at all. There were times I thought I wouldn't be normal again. And these symptoms would last for several days. Moderation is the key I've learned. Still my all time fave though.

Take Klonopin on the come down, and for the next two day afters, it helps me a lot. Have had some very rough periods after MDMA like you have mentioned, and this helps me tremendously. I'd likely never roll without kpin to follow again. I suffer from mild anxiety already and post MDMA can cause anxiety to sky rocket.

Klonopin has a 72 hour half life, I prefer to take it at night before bed only or when the roll is about to end, and it helps a ton the next days too. Rather than taking it during the day and feeling like a zombie. Kpin almost completely diminishes the post roll side effects for me, and overall makes using MDMA much more manageable.

Xanax will help too, but it only has a four hour half life so you'll need to keep taking it.

I noticed when I would roll once a month, the side effects from E would be very rough. Now once every 3-6 months they're not so bad anymore.

500mg of MDMA is almost expected to bring along unpleasant side effects. 200-350mg is my max, usually 2 pills and 3 on special occasions. Adding a 4th or 5th pill really doesn't make the experience that much better, it's just an unnecessary intense feeling, and/or a one hour extension to your roll. When you measure up how much more horrible the side effects are from that extra dosage, it's a no brainer not to use this much when you roll.

2-3 pills (normal 100mg dose) = amazing roll usually with moderate side effects

4-5+ pills (normal 100mg dose) = something too intense, certainly fun and enjoyable, but usually a lengthy pain in the ass recovery process

What you get out of taking 500MG and the way it makes you feel the days to follow, it's just not justified. MDMA is like shrooms, more certainly isn't better.

I'm not saying I won't EVER take 500mg again in one night, but for damn sure it has to be a very special once in a life time kind of night where feeling like shit for a week straight won't matter.

You'll start to feel better soon. I've taken high doses and felt like garbage for days, but usually around that 5th day you see some big improvements. If you're not better by Friday (one whole week), that would be abnormal. Seems unlikely unless you took some real bullshit pills, you should be fine with a little bit of time however.

Last edited:
What goes up must come down !

Give yourself a couple of days rest and Im sure you will be feeling much better - stay hydrated, eat and sleep.

Was it worth it?

It seems a shame to say but I think this experience has ruined it somewhat for me. I guess it depends how long it's going to take to get me back to normal as to whether I want to do it again.

As a tuesday update, I've still been having really weird dreams although these are getting less so..they're still pretty vivid though.

I still feel nauseas and this morning I again feel really spacey, like I'm just running on autopilot. It sucks! It feels like I need to wake up from a dream, even though I know I'm not asleep.

I guess paranoia is one of the side effects of too much as either I have more stuff wrong with me or I'm convincing myslef that I am. For instance, last night I was trying to get more information on what was wrong and I ended up convincing myself that I had too little salt in my body and that I was going to pass out and go into a coma. So I started eating loads of salted crisps etc. This is because I read that in cases of overdose, people who drink too much disturb the salt balance in their body, a sign of which can be nausea, and frequent trips to the toilet (both ends!). I have been doing that over the past 2 days.

Then again, i rationalised that is could be instead my body trying to get all this stuff out of the system any way it can. Also, 5htp, which i've been taking, can cause things like diarrhea etc (sorry for the info haha).

So i still don't know if im just being paranoid and freaking myself out or if there is something bad up. Can symptoms of overdose appear days after taking it?

So i still don't know if im just being paranoid and freaking myself out or if there is something bad up. Can symptoms of overdose appear days after taking it?

na your straight
if you ODed you would of already visited the emergency room
but as your situation goes just smoke a fuck load of weed until you feel sane again
iv have taken mass amount like that before the only thing that helped me out was inviting friends over for a blezy

Last edited:
I hope I havent fucked myself up. I realise I wasn't prepared to take it but had I known I'd feel like this I wouldnt have done (I know, regret isnt very useful). Has anyone else felt like this and if so, how long did it last for, what did you do?

its all good we all fuck up from time to time were only human after all
but give it a few more days n smoke mad ganja
trust me

that would usually be pretty sweet but i'm not really in the mood to put anything else into my body at the moment!

Still feeling really rough.

Does anyone know if it is possible to be dehydrated 4 days after? I've drunk plenty since then and eaten proper meals but certain symptoms do seem to point to dehydration. Problem is I can't distinguish between generally feeling like crap and there being something else up.

my strategy with mdma hangovers is eat a shit load of 5 htp and drink enough water so you are pissing every hour. I usually am really dehydrated after any sort of speedy drug use so I always max on water before during and after you could definetly still be dehydrated go drink half a gallon of water right now

and you havnt permently hurt yourself just sleep a lot and eat really solid meals if you can choke it down

Exactly what happened to me the first time I tried mdma. I ended up taking 800 mg (4 x 200 mg) ... I don't even remember taking the last pill. Yeah ... wasn't smart of me.

You will get over it. It takes time. It feel just so "bla" ... hard to describe it.

As for feeling nautious, it could be because you haven't eaten anything. Try eating something. Fruit is good. Or just a sandwich (or even half of a sandwich). That could help. You won't feel hungry but you probably haven't eaten much. You don't have to eat a lot, but a little bit.
Try vitamins. Have Vitamin B (you lose it usually if you have been sweating I believe) and magnesium (to stop the twitching).

You haven't messed yourself up for good. It may last a few days (it took me like four or five days til I felt normal again). But it's because you took too much for your first time. It's not like you overdosed or anything, but too much for you.

Try finding yourself something to do. Something low key. Watch some movies or something, to pass time. That's really all you are waiting for, is to recover.

This won't happen every time. Take less, make sure you're drinking water if you are losing it. Take vitamins before and after. (you should probably research more in depth what vitamins to take) And you should be fine in the future. I've never had that awful of a comedown after the first time.

You dosed too much for your first time probably giving you an intense high, but now you have to pay with an intense come down. I think this web site for the most part has it backwards though, i have always read on this site that come downs get worse as you keep doing mdma. But in my truthful experience my come downs from my beginning rolls were far worse, and lasted much longer. It felt like i would wake up switched, and retarded for a while after using mdma. Now my come downs actually disappear pretty quick, for instance i rolled on Monday and i already feel quite normal on Tuesday.

Get some good exercise in (sex in particular is fantastic for this). The endorphins will give your body most of the feelings of being OK that it's been missing over the last few days. If you have a sex partner, start getting it on a lot ... if not, get outside and do some running, or go to the gym, play some pickup games of frisbee or basketball or something, just anything to get your body exerting itself, work up a sweat, make your lungs work.

The demand you'll be placing on your body will prompt it to accelerate production of some chemicals that will help you rebalance yourself ... or at least, it's always felt that way to me.

Also, you're in no danger at all of salt imbalance, dehydration, etc., unless you actually stop drinking water or drink way too much way too fast. Eat decently healthy stuff, drink a glass of water or two with each meal and one or two between meals ... use common sense, basically.

Ultimately, you've got nothing to worry about. Just take extra care of yourself for the time being.

Yeah cheers for that.

I do need to relax but i'm finding it hard to expecilly now that my guts are playing up!! My friend said it's likely that I've maybe picked up a bug due to the mdma playing with my system, or that if I had a bug in me already, its made it easier to get me sick.

I hope thats the case. I'm still convincing myself something else is up. Thanks for the advice about not being in any danger of dehydration etc...it did seem like a long stretch but some things seemed to fit. I'm drinking quiet a lot, not over the top, but more than I usually do just to try to flush my system.

Still feeling ot all together here. I'm still spaced out and not really with it. As mentioned before i'm sure thats the serotonin levels.

I'm going to try to relax. Got to get a train back tomorrow ready to start work on thursday which isn't going to be fun. I hope htings improve by then. If I'm alright i'm going to give it until the weekend to see how I feel and then take it from there.

EDIT: sadly no sex for me, but i'll try gettting some exercise over the weekend!

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with SOME(not all) of the answers in this thread.

You took too much for your first time. It happens, you learn from it, and now you're paying the price. Leave it at that. We all make mistakes, and hopefully we learn from them without paying too much.

As far as recovery, DON'T just go take more drugs. I'm a firm believer that the fastest recovery after taking a drug is abstinence from all drugs.

SWIM usually has a recovery schedule that looks like this after MDMA use:

Day after: Take my vitamins, sleep as much as possible, and eat healthy when I can(no fast food).

Day 2: Sleep as much as possible. I've slept as much as 18 hours during day two, and usually when I wake up, I feel fantastic. Eat a fantastic meal, and keep up vitamins

Following 3-7 days: Eat healthy, keep taking vitamins, and exercise regularly.

Short answer: Eat healthy, exercise your brain(read a book, or do some puzzles), exercise your body when you feel up to it, and just let yourself recharge.

SWIM's vitamins:

Vitamin C
Multi-Vitamin
5-HTP
Piracetam
Green Tea Extract

SWIM gets the rest from eating a ton of vegetable and fruits, drinking lots of cranberry juice, green tea, eating foods high in protein, and avoiding lots of artificial sugars like diet sodas. Most especially- drink lots of water!!

Hey mralias. I seem to be in a very similiar situation to you right now. I'd very much like to hear how you're doing and also any other opinions from other people.

I took MDMA for the first time on NYE (fri) and I'm pretty sure I took far too much. I was already on a few beers and a friend at a party offered some MDMA powder to me. I havent any idea of the weight but I know that I snorted one line and bombed about the equivilent of 2-3 lines. A friend later told me that what I took was about the same as 4 average/cut pills.

The experience was ethereal for the most part. Although I also drank about 4 beers and smoked a fair amount of weed. I suffer from mild anxiety and have abstained from weed for a long time but I didn't know any better in that state. After the weed I freaked out really intensely for about half an hour.

- Saturday I felt floaty and completely fucked up. I atributed this to the alcohol and general comedowness of ecstasy. I cried in the evening about life in general and had weird urges to tell my family I loved them.

- Sunday I felt stoned. Clumsy, bad memory, anxious. I kept doing things like forgetting I'd already put the kettle on... and mixing up a few words.

- Monday I went to meet friends in town but had an anxiety attack. They were feeling back to normal by then. I had a groggy dull feeling all day. Not feeling myself. A bit of insomnia. Extreme anxiety.

- Tuesday I saw my GP. She tried to reassure me that it should get better soon. She gave me valium to help me sleep/calm panic attacks. Still feeling a bit slow and groggy. In general just feeling a bit slow.

Now it's 2am on Wednesday and I'm a bit spacey but not too anxious. I'm extremely worried that I might have caused myself permanent damage or something. I'm really looking for some kind of rough estimates as to how long it will take to return to "normal". As mralias said it feels like a bad dream. Does 5htp really work? This is literally the most traumatic experience of my life... but ofcourse I accept full responsibility for it.

I would really apreciate any help. Thanks.