• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Talwin Nx Pentazocine Naloxone 50 0.5mg Generic Tablet

PixieDust

Bluelighter
I have to take 2 oxycontin (OP) 30mg tablets a day for pain, I have run out of them however because it's a 30 day script not for 31 days.

Anyway, I have 2 of these little green oval "Talwin Nx Pentazocine Naloxone 50 0 5mg Generic Tablets", and I read in one of the threads here that it will send an opiate user into withdrawls? However I have also read that a tiny bit of naloxone (I believe it's 0.5mgs in one tablet) will boost the euphoria...

I don't know what to do, I just need to get by for one day until I get my script on Tuesday. Please give me some sound advice, will it send me into withdrawls or will it boost the euphoria. If I decide to take them both, I will prolly take a few vicodin with it.

What should I do?

~Pixie~ :\

I also know that it is 50mg of codeine in each tablet and I know that to equal one of my 30mg OPs I would have to take like 300mg of codeine which is why I'm going to take a few vicodin with them IF I take them at all.
I'm scared about the naxloxone.....

Also why the fuck would someone put naloxone in a pill with codeine?!?!? Are they crazy?

They add naloxone to pentazocaine to deter people from abusing the medicine. If you have a decent amount of opiates in your system, it will send you into withdrawals. Also, if you take hydrocodone with it, it will just block the effects. The good part of naloxone is that is completely cleans your opioid receptors so you will be at baseline after you dose.

Okay so I won't take these talwins, I thought it would be nice to take them because of the codeine in them. So if I took them then my tolerance would be wiped out? How long before it is out of your system? I took two of them last night with a morphine an felt nothing as far as pain relief or a buzz! So what's the deal....

Talwin Nx is Pentazocine & naloxone. There is no codeine in them. Where did you hear that? The opioid in the compound is Pentazocine (50mg) which is a mixed agonist-antagonist. If you are addicted to opioids the naloxone will throw you into withdrawals so be careful.

Okay so I won't take these talwins, I thought it would be nice to take them because of the codeine in them. So if I took them then my tolerance would be wiped out? How long before it is out of your system? I took two of them last night with a morphine an felt nothing as far as pain relief or a buzz! So what's the deal....

There is NO codeine, research your medication. There is 50mg of "Pentazocine", a mixed agonist/antagonist opioid.

Holy smokes! I took two of those last night with a morphine and nothing. Wow a friend gave me these, why would she do that? wtf. So it's like taking tramadol and something to make me feel like I'm dying ON TOP OF MY PAIN!!!?? I'm fuming now.

WHEN will I be able to take my opiate medication-ie-when will this SHIT get out of my system???!!!

Should have researched the opiate first (mixed agonist/antagonist). It makes you feel terrible if you are taking full opiate agonists. Also, the Naloxone is what is making you feel like your going to die. Taking 30mg of OxyContin daily is considered a high enough dose to put you through withdrawals from the naloxone.

I had these a while back. My husband got them from some dentist.. We never took them. The reason they made them agonist/antagonist is because they were really popular in the 70s people were shooting them up and dropping like flies. I googled them when he got them and we decided to not take them.

The doc just gave me a script of them and man oh man every joint in my body HURTS uhhh & the only thing i normally take is loratab. Im filling like im allergic which is a high possiblity cuz im allergic to alot of shit. :-(

This stuff sounds awful if u have any sort of opiate dependence whatsoever. Only lortabs and ur going thru precipitated withdrawals?! That is terrible.